shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I get an AGL brief for these sapphires?

Miss Confused

Rough_Rock
Hi guys!

Just had two sapphires recut by Dan Stair (photos are from him too) and am now in the conundrum weather it's worth it to get AGL brief's for them (they have no original certs)

Cushion sapphire.jpg

This one is 2.68ct measuring 7.87 x 7.28mm (started off as a 3.76ct). It may potentially be untreated but of course would need the cert to confirm it. I'm definitely planning on keeping this one and already have a setting planned

Oval.jpg

The oval is now a 1.60 carat and 7.79 x 6.51mm (started off as a 2.55 carat). Not sure what to do with this one as may have been a bad girl and bought too many sparklies lately so may consider selling it in which case I may need a cert? But its also small enough that it may not matter

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you!

Yes. Beautiful sapphires btw.

My first substantial sapphire purchase (back in the dawn of time) taught me a valuable lesson. I really, really wanted that guy in my hot little hands, thinking I would see it then send it off. The vendor convinced me to have it certed first. He was a smart man. I wouldn't have done it, I'm too lazy.
My vote is yes, send them to AGL...AFTER the holidays. (The two emeralds I'm returning to MCG are wandering around, leisurely, already 5 days late :eek-2: )

of course!

AGL gen briefs will show indications of heating, but I think you have to pay more to test for diffusion. I would double check with them.

Beautiful stones. I would send for a lab report.

Yep do the cert! Gorgeous stones :love:

I would (:
Btw These are pretty much my ideal color for sapphires. Just lovely!

Those sapphs are luscious

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP