shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I get a rainbow vacuum?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I am thinking about getting a Rainbow Vacuum. I have been putting it off because I hate to spend that kind of money but I am fed up with my old one. Not even a year ago I got one from Sears. It was rated #1 for canister vacs. It is great but there is only one problem..I have 3 labs that live inside. I have all wood and tile downstairs where we do all of our living. I was going through a bag every week or 2 weeks depending on how often I vacuumed. I finally got a a rug for the den and now with the added rug I am now going through a bag every 2-3 days if I am lucky. I am so tired of the bags. Another thing is that I live in the upper Midwest and we have very long winters that keep us inside for months. I know that the rainbow also has an air purifier feature and I really would love to have fresh clean smelling air with the dogs. My house never smells like a dog but recently since I had to move the kennels into an extra room inside there are days when you can smell dog ever so faintly..and that horrifies me!!
Does anyone own a rainbow? Do you love it? Is it worth the money?
Are there any other options I should consider before forking out the $$ for a rainbow?
Thanks in advance for any input!
1.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t own a Rainbow..I''ve never had a canister vac, so I''m not much help in that area. My mom''s got a Kirby upright that she''s had for years..over 15 I think, and she adores it. She''s kind of a vacuum nut tho, and has like, 4 of them..she has a Phantom bagless too..I like the bagless ones b/c I like seeing how much crap I''m getting off the floors. I''ve got an upright Riccar and I like it a lot-plus it came w/a big box of bags free..I hear the Dyson vacuums are really good w/pet hair and such-and they''re bagless so you don''t have to worry about that..Hm..I think I''m kind of a vacuum nut too.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d look back at Consumer Reports because the Rainbow rates very low. The other highly rated canister ones besides Kenmore were Electrolux Oxygen and Hoover Wind Tunnel.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
I don't own a Rainbow but I do own a Silverking.

Someone told me they are considered "industrial-ish" so there is not a lot of information about them, maybe call to speak with someone, they're really helpful on the phone. They seem to be more popular out west than in the south. This is actually my 2nd one, the first went with my ex in the divorce. We'd always been "dog" people so it was super important to have a great vacuum since we had 3 chows, 2 yorkies and mutt. I have 3 dogs currently and do not regret the purchase one bit. Once in awhile I see Silverkings for sale on ebay but they go fast. It's my understanding that they are used in "clean rooms" in hospitals and such. It's a canister vac with some kind of super filter that will trap cigarette smoke, not to mention all the other stuff. It can be used wet or dry plus it has a variety of tools for different cleaning jobs. When I'm feeling "cheap" I throw the flat filter into the wash (they said it can be done a time or two). Everytime I empty the canister I am disgusted at all the dirt but also glad it's in the can and not in my house. Hope this helps you to look at another option when you're planning to spend that kind of money.

elle

Shiny_Rock
Perhaps check out Miele. I''ve had mine for 4 years and it still works like a dream, worth every penny.

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will look into all of those. I want to make sure I get a good one!

tommalle

Rough_Rock
I LOVE my rainbow. Its funny someone should mention consumer reports. I look to them whenever I buy anything....except a vacuum. I don''t agree with their ratings for the rainbow. I agree that it is expensive but it is worth it to me. I have a daughter with lung issues so it is important that the vacuum doesn''t blow out a big cloud of dust when I turn it on. It is also the best vacuum for pet hair by far. Once in a while I put essential oils in the water while vacuuming and it gives the house a very pleasant smell. I love it, love it, love it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results