shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I feel bad (response to Blackberry email)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/12/2008 9:23:32 AM
Author: applequeen
Thanks everyone, to be honest.... I''m 100% OK with my response. If I''m having a busy day at the office it can sometimes be the next morning before I respond. I think our world is becoming more and more impatient because information can be so quckly and easily transferred. In my opinion just because you can be available 24/7 with Blackberries doesn''t mean you should be.

This morning I came into the office to find a voicemail from someone else that said ''Well I see that it is 5:01 and you are obviously not still in the office''.... Geez people.. .I just don''t get it. Part of me wants to tell her that the reason I wasn''t there was because I had to get a package to the DHL drop box by 5 (which is the truth) and the other part of me just wants to tell her to get a life.
1.gif
I''ll probably just call her back and see what she needed... she called me 3 times yesterday when I was here!
OMG!!!
38.gif

You poor thing, you just can''t get a break from these people, can you?!?!
40.gif

I''ve said it before and I''ll say it again: People need to respect boundaries!!! If office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on weekdays (like at my office), DON''T call/stop by outside of those hours and expect someone to be here! ACK!!!
29.gif

This is one of my pet peeves, in case you hadn''t noticed! LOL!
2.gif

applequeen

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Irishgirl.....

The truth is I LOVE my job and the majority of people I work with are very nice. I have fantastic bosses who are supportive and I have a great deal of flexiblity with my schedule and in how I do my job (it helps that I''m in a field office). I really have it made in terms of my job.

I worked in non-profit for a couple of years right after grad school and it was a terrible terrible work environment. The worst day here is still a million times better than the best day there and I always keep that in mind.

We''re in the middle of a stressful period here at work (upcoming deadline) so that''s probably what has everyone so tense. I guess they don''t realize that it''s just another day for our staff and their issues reflect only a very small part of our overall work load.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results