shape
carat
color
clarity

should i change the timeing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lladar

Rough_Rock
My gf and I have been dating for about 8 months now. We live about 4 hours apart and mainly get to see each other on the weekends except for when one of us takes some vacation. we are both some what of planners so that works out well as we always find some stuff to do when we get together on the weekends. what has become painfull is that we can not seem to surprize each other very well. She plans somehting when i have a suprize set up for her or vise versa so we end up telling each other not to plan something this weekend because there might be something going on that weekend.

Now she knows i am planning on asking her to marry me within the month. I have been telling her i cant propose untill i have a ring and that it wont be done untill the end of March at the earliest. well I had planned to ask her on the 17th of March, but as usual she came up with something else to do that weekend and I did not tell her yet but I think she has guessed that i was going to propose that weekend because i was less then enthuisastic toward her plans.

Now the ring will be finished this weekend and i will be picking it up Friday before i see her. My question is do you think i should change my time line and move the proposal up to this weekend or wait it out and propose when i originaly planned even though she knows it is comeing that weekend. also proposing either weekend does not change how i was going to propose.

thanks.
Lladar

midgirl

Shiny_Rock
YES YES YES!!

Surprise her even more! If she already knows it is within a month and she has guessed your exact date of COURSE you should do it the weekend before she expects it!
You will get the best of both worlds!

good luck!!!!!
35.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Yes, move it up!
9.gif

You say that the proposal plans won''t change either way, so if you have the ring ready and can do it just the way you want to do it...I say go for it! Then she will be really surprised, and you have nothing to lose, right? What is the reason you would rather wait until then? If you have any real reason why that weekend would be better, then I don''t think that it would be at all bad to wait, since many of us have had hunches we would get proposed to on a given day/weekend and then it didn''t happen, or even if it DID we were surprised because we thought it was just a hunch!
3.gif
But if you really have no reason to prefer the later weekend over this one, I would say go for it!!!
9.gif
Good luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results