shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I buy this or not?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nomarian

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I have been doing a lot of reading and have been searching for the right diamond for our 5th year anniversary. I have a cousin who knows the owner of a store and she heard I was looking. She offered me the following.

Round Brilliant
7.21-7.25 x 4.22mm
1.33 carat
Depth 58.4%
Table 60.0%
Girdle Thin to slightly thick, faceted
Cutlet None
Polish Very Good
Symmetry Very Good
Clarity VS2
Color Grade G
Flourescence none

She offering the diamond in a platinum setting with 2 pear diamonds on the side. The pear diamonds will not be off by more than one color grade. The total she quoted me was 8 grand. Think this is good? Thanks in advance.

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Pricescope offers a complete data base
of comparison stones and prices.

Buy Informed!

Kirk Konst

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a decent deal. Run the numbers on Pricescope to compare. Also if you can get a copy of the certificate and ask for crown and pavilion angles, you can run the #'s through the HCA to get an idea of how this stone fares on fire, scintilliation, brilliance and spread. The specs look alright for a stone of that size, the depth may be a little shallow, but that is a given with the larger table and smaller depth. You could have a winner but I'd suggest getting the crown and pav angles to be sure. Have you seen the stone in person?

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I suspect this is a very bright and lively stone. There's no way to tell without the crown and pavilion angles/depths, but the chances are good that it is.

I suspect that the price is very fair as well. The pearshapes would definitely play a part in determining this, depending on their size, color, clarity and cut. But if they're close to the center stone, then you're probably good to go.

See if you can find out those crown-pavilion angles/depths, along with the appraiser's opinion of quality and value. Tell her that you'd like 48 hours to have it checked out, with right of return if you don't like the results.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results