shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I buy this Chloe bag?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I''m in search of an ''all around'' shoulder strap bag that I can easily take through Europe while I''m on my honeymoon site-seeing etc. I like the idea of having something I can wear across my chest so it doesn''t fall off my shoulder. I saw this bag and thought it might work but it''s pretty pricey. I want to make sure it''s going to ''last'' since things come and go and this would be a big investment for me purse-wise.

Oh, it''s in silver in the US but i found one in purple in the UK!

seebychloeflap.jpg

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another view.

seebychloeflap2.jpg

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Here it is in purple! Not sure I can order that one though, maybe.

purpcholoe.jpg

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Description:
Pebbled, metallic leather handbag with zipper pocket at back and pleating at front. Logo patch and turn-lock closures at front flap. Silver hardware. Adjustable strap. Lined interior features zipper pocket and large patch pocket.
12"H x 14"L x 3.5"D.
12" strap drop.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty bag! I am a handbag gal...love them almost as much as bling, so I am going to tell you that if you love it and can afford it, get it!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say no on the silver. Metallic leather tends to get worn looking VERY fast. But the purple is nice if you can get that one.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I much prefer the purple, but don''t love the prominent logo on the front. I will say though, that investing in a gorgeous handbag to go to Europe with is a good idea - they wear the most elegant bags over there, much more so than in America for the most part, in my experience. Have you considered a Fendi? They have at least one really nice design that might work, and they are just plain leather (GORGEOUS leather) without the logo.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 10:35:47 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
I much prefer the purple, but don''t love the prominent logo on the front. I will say though, that investing in a gorgeous handbag to go to Europe with is a good idea - they wear the most elegant bags over there, much more so than in America for the most part, in my experience. Have you considered a Fendi? They have at least one really nice design that might work, and they are just plain leather (GORGEOUS leather) without the logo.
Link please!!!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 10:30:14 PM
Author: neatfreak
I say no on the silver. Metallic leather tends to get worn looking VERY fast. But the purple is nice if you can get that one.
Good tip!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I also vote the purple if you have enough stuff to wear with it to make it worth the purchase.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I''m a huge purple fan and have a two other purple/fuschia purses. Purple is also the ''trend'' right now. Is that going to look ''dated'' a year from now though?

I have to say the purple is 200 dollars cheaper but I''m even less fond of the name plate on the front of that one then the silver one!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I think that a cross over flap bag is a great idea but do not love either of these.

Do you have a budget?

My first thoughts were Fendi or Gucci...

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Provided I don''t get laid off next week (rampant layoff rumors here!) this Chole bag is 675.00. Honestly I''m not a ''pricey'' handbag kinda gal but I''m just not venturing out in that a bit. I''d like to stay in that same price range if possible, I don''t see my self spending 1300 though... unless it''s THAT awesome.

Got any links for me to browse?
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The style is cute, but the "See by Chloe" tag is a huge turn-off! Sorry!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t do it! I imagine the stress of potential layoffs is making you vulnerable to impulse luxury purchases. I''ve been feeling vulnerable lately & but haven''t given in yet! FIGHT THE POWER.
3.gif

Also *ducks* not digging that purse anyhoo. There are SO MANY cute cross body options right now. Not sure what your style is but I''d been eyeing a LeSportSac cartoony one before Xmas ... that could be fun for travel if you''re not trying to look fancy. Here''s the one I liked best. Comes in lots of different wacky patterns or solid colors.

On the high end tip - Prada''s always been known for nylonish cross body bags .. maybe Eluxury?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK, so the Fendis I saw must have been on sale, the regular ones are like 2X the price of the Chloe. So what I''d get instead is a Rebecca Minkoff: link

I don''t know about cross-body bags (I know she made them I just can''t remember the style name, Luna Boston might be a good store to try for them - I''ve heard amazing things about their customer service). I ADORE her leathers - so soft, and the colors are stunning, plus the bags are really well-made and there are no obtrusive logos on them, AND they are right in your price range.

When we went to Europe I found that a simple large hobo with a zippered top was perfect for carrying around all day and fitting everything we needed.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Okay, maybe I'm a crazy cautious traveler - but when I'm out of country, I carry cheaper bags. Of course it depends on where you're going - if you're sticking to smaller villages etc this is probably less of a concern. When I was studying abroad, I knew way too many people who were robbed though - they'd be standing in a crowd at a tourist spot and little children would run by...and that was it. A lot of times the strap is actually cut off and that's how the bag is stolen. To me, a flashy bag is sending a message that you really don't want to send. Ditto to the idea of getting a le sportsac or an inexpensive, simple cross body bag (though I prefer to have a bag that fits under my arm and can't be tampered with without my noticing if I'm in a crowd).

violet02

Ideal_Rock
deco - I just bought a Kooba bag recently i''m considering returning because of the threat of potential layoffs next week. You''re so right about fighting the urge. I actually have a Le Sportsac Tokidoki purse that I use for really casual everyday carrying around. I love Tokidoki!

MC - I agree about the tag, the more I look at it the less I love this bag.

AmberG - I think the hobo idea is the right one. I saw some cute ones in a magazine tonight that look more along the lines of what I would probably use long term.

ElMorton - I''ll be in Paris, Athens, Mykonos and Santorini. We won''t be in too many poor areas per se. If I get a holebo with a thick strap I may be less likely to get it ripped off. I''m uber cautious when I travel though. I know I won''t be takingb my e-ring for example. We''ll be in the water a lot anyways. But bag-wise I agree a strap can easily be cut. I won''t be buying a flashy bag per se. I don''t think this chloe bag is too flashy but everyone has me convinced! I''ll get something cuter.
1.gif

I''m going to try looking at hobo bags next.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 4:41:57 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
OK, so the Fendis I saw must have been on sale, the regular ones are like 2X the price of the Chloe. So what I''d get instead is a Rebecca Minkoff: link

I don''t know about cross-body bags (I know she made them I just can''t remember the style name, Luna Boston might be a good store to try for them - I''ve heard amazing things about their customer service). I ADORE her leathers - so soft, and the colors are stunning, plus the bags are really well-made and there are no obtrusive logos on them, AND they are right in your price range.

When we went to Europe I found that a simple large hobo with a zippered top was perfect for carrying around all day and fitting everything we needed.
Luna Boston looks like an awesome site so far! Thank you!

I''m also checking out the Rebecca Minkoff site. Thank you x 2!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2009 4:23:09 AM
Author: violet02
ElMorton - I''ll be in Paris, Athens, Mykonos and Santorini. We won''t be in too many poor areas per se.

It isn''t poor areas where you''ll get ripped off, it is in the tourist areas!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2009 5:35:45 AM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 1/17/2009 4:23:09 AM
Author: violet02
ElMorton - I''ll be in Paris, Athens, Mykonos and Santorini. We won''t be in too many poor areas per se.

It isn''t poor areas where you''ll get ripped off, it is in the tourist areas!
I hear ya! It''s always possible to get ripped off. I''d like to hope I''m travel savvy though. I''ve been all over the world and lived in Africa, Asia and the Carribean. :)

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
So which RM are you thinking? I love the purple color of AG''s bag!

I lived in Paris for a summer, and both me and a friend were robbed. Nothing dramatic, just stuff taken from our purses. I know you are a seasoned traveler, but I would get a bag that closes on the top and actually close it every time! I never do that in my daily life, but still. My friend lost her digital camera with ALL her pics from the summer
39.gif

Your trip sounds like it will be amazing!! I hope things go well with your job, also.

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Steel

Ideal_Rock

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
I''m going to dissent here and say that I prefer the silver color but that is because I like metallic colors, they match with more of my stuff than the purple bag would. However, I''m not really feeling this style if you''re looking for an over-the-shoulder bag.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results