shape
carat
color
clarity

should i buy in the USA or AUSTRALIA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sean

Rough_Rock
HI , i am an Australian , and i am currently in the USA and i am starting to learn about and look around for an engagement ring , are diamonds cheaper here than in australia , taking into account our low dollar at .50 US cents . is it fine to buy diamonds from the internet ? can you buy a loose stone and then get it set buy a jeweler or is it best to buy the whole ring and stone together ? someone from Australia said that you have to spend $2000 dollars plus over there to get a decent diamond , but when you convert that to U.S. dollars it is only about $1000 dollars , which from what i have learnt so far , wouldn't get you much at all !! any comments ? has any one heard of " friend&company jewelers " in New Orleans ? thanks :wavey:

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
In general internet is the lowest cost place to buy. But there are retailers who will often go close. If you are from Melbourne you can give me a try, but we are a "full service" store with higher overheads because we give "full service :)" with 7 award winning jewellers in store and we only stock fine diamonds from D to H and SI up ideal-cut.

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
You can get a 0.20 carat AGS 000 high color good clarity stone for $450 USD on the net. So depends if size matters.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results