shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I be worried about inclusions on .30 stone?

sherpagirl

Rough_Rock
Hello! I have been working with BGD on creating a 5-stone ring. They have been very helpful in finding the right stones. I am considering .30 ct stones, for a total of 1.50ctw. I have asked for stones that are F-G in color and SI1 in clarity (eyeclean), signature BGD diamonds.

They have sent me a number of options, and my question is , in looking at the lab reports, should I be concerned about clouds if inclusions are mostly in the center part of the table? There are several stones with these small cloud inclusions in the G color SI1 category stones. I could also consider a few F color SI1 category stones, in which the inclusions seem less obvious at least on the lab report.

I don't know whether mixing F and G stones would be really obvious for .30ct diamonds? I"m just trying to determine which would be more important, in terms of value.

I thought about sending the link to the BG diamond I'm referring to above, but I don't think that's allowed, right?

Thanks in advance!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm too tired to wade through all the usual CYA diplomacy, so the short and practical answer is nothing to worry about on either front.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
There should be no problem with mixing Fs and Gs. One grade apart wouldn't be noticeable in a 5 stone. I would ask the folks at BGD how visible the inclusions are. I would trust their assessment over the lab report especially if you voice your concerns.

I can't wait to see the finished piece!! I love 5 stone rings.

You may post a link to the stones your are looking at.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
you can't tell anything about visibility of inclusions from the lab report. ask BGD--they should be able to tell you if the stones are eye-clean or not (and specify if you care about top view only, or top and side view...)

at that size SI1s should be eye-clean and if they are signature stones I believe they are selected to be eye-clean. however each person's definition of eye-clean is different.

anyway, you may feel that VS is more mind-clean for you, or having all of the stones the same color is more mind-clean...best way to determine how you feel about color is to see some well cut Fs and Gs in the sizes you are looking at together in different lighting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results