shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I add a floral halo to this solitaire?

Macky

Shiny_Rock
A few days ago, I posted that I was considering upgrading my ACA diamond to another diamond that would be an extra 0.4 carats. Instead of upgrading the stone for such a small size difference, I'm thinking of adding a floral halo to it. What are people's thoughts? Would my stone be complemented by the halo or would it be lost in it?

My stone is 2.53 carats, J colour, and VS2 clarity. My friend who is a custom jeweler and antique dealer would copy one of these settings for me in yellow gold (the last picture is of my current setting). Screenshot_20210730-040116_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210730-040101_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210723-102734_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think flower halos looks very good with old cut diamonds. I’d rather see a regular round halo with a modern cut stone.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I think that a chunky halo would be spectacular! It would definitely add size to your finger. :)

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think flower halos looks very good with old cut diamonds. I’d rather see a regular round halo with a modern cut stone.

This. Maybe a modern version inspired by this setting.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I love the look of big chunky halos on any kind of stone. Go for it.

I don’t have a ring like that but if you are looking for other ideas here is the ring I have. It adds a lot of finger coverage if that’s what you’re after. Size 6.5 ring with 0.7 ct center.

549E3BFE-4401-4499-9059-9A96C85B0BCD.jpeg

Heres one I used to have that also adds coverage. I returned it because I didn’t like the diamond.

110B23C9-9CCF-4FA0-9B45-02A042887EAB.jpeg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I don't like vintage or antique inspired settings with modern stones. That's just me though.

I think both of those feel a little too vintage to go with a modern round, but that's my personal taste.

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
I think a halo will be a great look for your stone. 2.53 ct is a solid size in my book and from your hand shot it already has great presence, so it should totally be able to hold its own in a halo. I agree with the others though that a more modern version would probably be more harmonious, as modern cut stones do tend to stick out uncomfortably in antique replica settings, unless done in an intentional quirky way. Both of the two reference/inspiration photos that you posted look like Art Deco settings and have old cut centre stones (top one is an OEC and second is an OMC, I think), and if either contained a modern cut centre instead, it would look a bit strange to me. Just my two cents! Maybe try drop the milligram?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just going to throw a suggestion of a bezel setting into the mix. It certainly can add some coverage without too much fuss and they’re super easy to wear.
Sholdt has some beautiful bezels!

Macky

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the suggestion!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love my cluster! On a 2.5ct diamond, it would look amazing! I like all the things you're considering, tho: a win/win scenario!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your solitar just the way it is

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results