shape
carat
color
clarity

Short hair and chubby faces?

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Hey stranger (well maybe thats me these days). I would love to have short hair, but I would be a brillo pad. I think your hair is lovely now, but think that her ethic hair might be a little deceiving. You have a beautiful face Maisie so I think you can pull it off as long as you see a very good stylist. Let us know how it goes.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, i have a similar shaped face, rather squared off and perhaps its due to having fine hair, short hair makes my face look even more "stout". i will never have short hair again.

mz

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for short hair here! I can't wait to get my hair chopped back off after the wedding. Although, I'm not sure about Rihanna's particular style, it does look like I would need quite a bit of work every day and I agree it could look a bit too hard for your face. You are very pretty!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie said:
well, i have a similar shaped face, rather squared off and perhaps its due to having fine hair, short hair makes my face look even more "stout". i will never have short hair again.

mz
I have a fuller face and I agree that shorter hair styles don't look good on me either.

I usually keep a longer hair style that is layered around my face to make my face appear thinner. I definitely do not do bangs because then they just make my face look shorter and therefore chubbier.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
I think neck and shoulder shapes play into short styles just as much as face shape. Since these will be totally exposed with short hair...you know?

I don't like short hair on me because it makes me feel like a giraffe... :tongue:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had that haristyle for a while and I have a chubbier face than you :wink2: Got lotsof compliments. I will warn you, with hair like that you must do full makeup every day to avoid looking like a boy.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie, you have a beautiful face!

That's probably a strange thing to tell someone 8)

I think you could rock that sort of hairstyle no problem, I think people with strong and stand-out features have more hairstyle choices than people like me, where hair and face all kinda blends in.. I do think fullness and texture might be something you'd have to address though, like PPs have said.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Maisie, could you BE any cuter????! I don't THINK SO!!!

OK, here's my humble 2 cents. I think the haircut is stunning, but it looks VERY high maintenence to me... lots of work to style and not really too practical for a "real life".

BUT, I think you'd look adorable in short hair! Have you ever worn it short before? It's a little different than long(er) hair, even long hair worn often in a ponytail! (Although I LOVE short hair, I do feel kind of "exposed"when my hair is very short -- nothing to "hide behind", if that makes sense! :bigsmile: )

I am thinking that a simpler, more "pixie" style of hair would look ADORABLE on you (think Winona Ryder!) and be easy to style and care for.

I say, talk to your favorite hair stylist and get her opinions, and then GO FOR IT, girlfriend!!! :appl: Nothing like a short, sassy 'do to brighten up a girl's day! And you will look BEAUTIFUL! :love:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
heraanderson said:
movie zombie said:

mz
I have a fuller face and I agree that shorter hair styles don't look good on me either.

I usually keep a longer hair style that is layered around my face to make my face appear thinner. I definitely do not do bangs because then they just make my face look shorter and therefore chubbier.
You are GORGEOUS, Maisie! I don't think I've ever seen a picture of you before and I'm just floored by how beautiful you are. Nice to "see" you!

I have a full face, too. I LOVE short hair. Love, love, love it. I love it so much that I wore my hair very short from the 5th grade all the way through college graduation. I had super short boy cuts for a while, and then I wore the Vidal Sassoon graduated bob cut for YEARS. (I'll attach a picture. It's my favorite hair cut of all time.)

Then one day I decided that it was too high maintenance, and I was sick of fussing with it every day, so I grew my hair out. EVERYONE who loves me told me that I look much better with long hair. Everyone. I got a ton of great compliments when my hair was short, but I think they were because it always looked styled and super healthy. Seriously, though, I think short hair looks great on people with really well defined faces. Otherwise, I think it draws attention to the roundness of a fuller face. I wear my hair very long and with very heavy bangs now.

That being said, my approach with hair is to try anything once because it will always grow back, after all! If you really love this cut, then go for it. What do you have to lose?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is my favorite short haircut ever. I still have the magazine image of this very picture that I tore out years and years ago from a copy of Vogue.
vidalsassoon.jpg

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Haven said:
This is my favorite short haircut ever. I still have the magazine image of this very picture that I tore out years and years ago from a copy of Vogue.
vidalsassoon.jpg

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS STYLE!!!! I am trying to grow my hair to that style!!!!
I am saving this to my folder. You made my day Haven!

** Sorry for the threadjack, Maisie - but ave you made your decision yet??? I can't wait to see your new do! With those stunning features of yours, you could shave your head a la Sinead O'Connor and wow men everywhere you go.......... **

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results