carat
color
clarity

Short bride, long train?

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
Hello all! :) Today I went dress shopping and think I've picked the gown--

vogue.jpg

It's the Maggie Sottero Vogue Royale and I'm in love with it! :love: I've already settled on the colour (diamond white & champagne over light gold-- it looked so vintage!), but now I need to decide on the train. The "Vogue" has a smaller sweep train, but the "Vogue Royale" has a semi-cathedral. The wedding is now taking place indoors in a chapel that 100% matches the dress (I flipped when I saw it!), so I'm not afraid of having lots of fabric to match the pretty interior of the chapel, but I am a shorter bride. Did height factor into a decision when you were choosing your train?

I'm 5'1", but will probably be wearing 4-5" heels. I will be sticking with a fingertip length veil as well. What do you guys think? My Mom thinks that the sample I tried on, which was said to be made for a 5'9" girl, was probably a gross overestimate of what the actual semi-cathedral would look like (the train was as long as I am tall!), and I'm leaning towards believing her.

Thoughts? :appl:

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I'm 5'3'' and my dress has a relatively long train and I have no problem with it. I don't think the bride's height has anything to do with the length of the train. Go with whatever feels right to you.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
4'11 here and mine is long too :) Nobody mentioned anything about it looking strange or too long for my height!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I think if you wear heels that high you shouldn't have any problems with train length overwhelming you in any way.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
The train length won't shorten when you order it in petite. The only thing a petite gown changes is the length in front.

I don't think the length of the train will make you look shorter or taller, it's just personal preference. Go with whichever length you think is prettier!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When i was looking that dress was in my top 3 - i love it!!! it's so twinkly and romantic looking. I think the long train will be fine - it's only going to be down for a short period anyway. Go for it!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results