shape
carat
color
clarity

Shopping for dresses...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
My sister has me researching bridesmaids dresses for her, and in so doing, I got curious, so here''s my question: where''s your favorite place to shop for a dress for $100 or less? Double bonus points if they carry plus sizes, too! Thanks!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Alllllll byyyyyyy myyyyyyyyseeeeeeeeelf...don''t wanna be...ALL BY MYSEEEEELLLFFF...okay, all Celine Dion aside, nobody buys dresses for under $100!? They don''t have to be bridesmaid dresses; she needs one for her e-pix, rehearsal dinner, etc, too, so i was just curious in general.

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
Lol I guess I can throw my two cents in. (I am only 21 so I dunno if we''re on the same generation here..)

But anytime I need a little dress for an occasion but don''t feel like spending a ton of money I go to Forever21. I got a fabulous little dress from there for new years last year. And most of their dresses are like 15-45 dollars a piece.

It''s kind of a hit or miss store though, they don''t ever have everything in the store that they do on the website.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I''ve bought several cute dresses from Ann Taylor Loft. They''ve all been on the casual side, though.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Doodle,

I would try Alfred Angleo bridesmaid dresses. I know some of the tag prices are over $100, but you can totally score them for less than $100 from some of the online stores. Bonus points for many color/style options AND plus sizes and extra length option!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I am horrible, because my tastes far exceed my budget so I get the vast majority of my clothes at consignment shops or online. That way I can wear $300 dresses, but only pay $100 for them. I love dresses from Anthropologie the most, and they often go on sale for $100 (and start more in the $150 range). But I also love J. Crew. What is her style like? That might help me think more of specific places.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the suggestions!

katamari, my sister doesn''t really have a style, which is part of why i''m doing the scouting for her. she''s one of those people who goes, "hmm...i don''t care" about pretty much everything! her bridesmaids range from age 18 to 32 and size 4 to size 24, and i''m kind of in the middle on all counts, but since she''s trying to dress such a diverse group of girls, i figured you ladies would be able to send me to some places i might''ve not shopped at before.

thanks again for the suggestions! there''s some great dresses on all those sites!
36.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock

diamondgirl4382

Shiny_Rock
I like shopping at White House/Black Market, their dresses are usually a little bit over $100 regular price but they can have some good sales. Their dresses are all black, white, or both, so they are classy and appropriate for many occasions.

Also, my bridesmaid dresses were from Mori Lee and they were only $118.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results