shape
carat
color
clarity

Shopping for a new Truck (again)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
I started this thread here because in reality it is shopping, just not your normal everyday kind. The most humorous part is yesterday when my husband calls our Nissan sales lady up and says " remember that truck we bought two weeks ago from you?" and then there''s, " yeah, we''re gonna need another one."
2.gif

We had not yet registered it.
I had not yet driven it............that''s the worst.
7.gif

It''s now a complete loss, totalled, ruined, smashed to bits.

Some guy lost control of his SUV smacking us from behind which sent us spinning out of control on a bridge. We really thought at one point we were going to roll over the bridge but thankfully we spun back the other way smashing again against the other side. I feel lucky to be here.
17.gif

We were both a bit beat up but no real damage fortunately. The other guy walked away also after careening across our traffic, the median, their guardrail, and both sides of oncoming traffic (both a major hwy in ATL) stopping facing the wrong way. Unbelievable really.

So all in all, it''s a relief to be here.

Bad Truck.JPG

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
It doesn''t begin to show all the damage but you get the idea. We were hit at the beginning of that bridge in the left lane and landed where you see which is the far end of the bridge in the right lane. That was a lot of spinning, smashing, tipping and spinning again. Pretty scary stuff.

Both hubbs and I had nightmares that night too.

He later saw the truck at the place it was hauled off too and said that every body panel was smashed to bits except the hood and roof.

It was slick as heck out there BTW, and the other driver said he lost control and hit us. It was such a weird sensation from the first impact then the swirling, then smashing, crashing, spinning....several times until the final forceful impact.

17.gif
Glad to be here to tell about it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh, that''s just horrible! At least the car did what it was supposed to do - protect you and absorb the impact.

I feel for you, because about 6 months after buying a brand new car, the same thing happened to me. Not as fast as 2 weeks, but it is a weird thing to go through!

Glad you''re all okay!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh, sweetie, glad you''re not hurt!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry your car got totaled but I am so glad to hear that no one was hurt.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for your accident and unnerving experience. Thank goodness neither of you were badly injured!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
wow- I''m so glad you are all okay.
How scary

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
everyone was so lucky.....better you guys ok than the truck.

movie zombie

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the comforting comments. Yes, we''re glad it was just the truck, still such a shock!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oh my lord, thank goodness you both weren''t hurt, that picture is SCARY! How is the process of replacing the truck going?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results