shape
carat
color
clarity

Shooting in NY State...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30030756/

8.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw this on the 'net. Storm recently posted that "things" were "scary" in the midwest. We have enough craziness by individuals in decent economic times. I suspect that in hard economic times, that things will get worse. Today I read responses to a column written by someone who had apparently questioned why there was not more rage about the economy. Different letter writers had different theories. Some writers felt that people felt they were being "heard" on the Internet or by the current administration and that that lessened their rage.

I do not know where we are going. I fear that this may not be an isolated incident of craziness, however.

AGBF
34.gif

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
I''m praying for all of those hostages and their families. So sad and senseless.
15.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I just got back from lunch at my favorite Thai place where they had the TV tuned to the news. Reporters said 2 taken out in handcuffs, and 13 dead confirmed so far.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2009 1:41:51 PM
Author: AGBF

I just saw this on the ''net. Storm recently posted that ''things'' were ''scary'' in the midwest. We have enough craziness by individuals in decent economic times. I suspect that in hard economic times, that things will get worse. Today I read responses to a column written by someone who had apparently questioned why there was not more rage about the economy. Different letter writers had different theories. Some writers felt that people felt they were being ''heard'' on the Internet or by the current administration and that that lessened their rage.

I do not know where we are going. I fear that this may not be an isolated incident of craziness, however.

AGBF
34.gif
I concur--I live in a small town/rural area, and the number of armed robberies in the past 2 months has been alarming, to say the least.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of my clients teaches English to legal immigrants and they recently installed bulletproof glass and shielding at their intake window/entrance.
They haven't had any incidents where people where hurt but have gotten threats from Mexican gangs as well as an occasional wacko.
They have a huge problem with people going off when they are told they have to have a green card to take classes.

There is another place 1 block away that does Spanish to English which they don't offer that takes anyone.
I used to do their computers also but they found someone that spoke Spanish to do them.
That works out better because some of the software is in Spanish and it is hard to support when not being able to read it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I return to my home town for holidays, which is why I am often in Connecticut although I live in Virginia now. My home town in Fairfield County, Connecticut just reported a massive increase in domestic violence due to the economy and, according to the newspaper''s analysis, the consumption of alcohol. The newspaper''s thesis (which may or may not be accurate, but which was stated as if it were the gospel) was that poor economic conditions had caused bad tempers and that alcohol had exacerbated conditions. I do not doubt that 80% of the cases involved alcohol use, as reported. That seems to be a factual matter. I am merely questioning whether the paper can draw such a clear linear connection between the economy, alcohol, and domestic violence. Yet I am certain that there is a strong relationship among them.

Workers are going to be frustrated in all aspects of their lives.

AGBF
34.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, you aren''t safe anywhere; and you can''t really be protected by anyone either. Witness the courtroom shootings that have happened.

It''s a sad ordeal for any community to have to deal with; we have had our own such tragedy close to home. The community gets through it, but never gets over it.

Disease and accidents we understand; but seemingly random acts of violence that cost innocent lives is all but impossible to grasp. I''m so sorry for these victims'' families.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
7.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is very sad, and so scary.
They are all in my prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results