shape
carat
color
clarity

Shoes...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love those bee*. So feminine and delicate! And sexy too!

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
I loooooooove all of the shoes that have been posted here so far! I wish that I could wear higher heels, but I''m unable (or unwilling) to deal with the pain. It would be delicious to have a few stilettos - especially any and all of those Manolos - in my closet.

At Freke''s request, here is a little composite that FI made of two pairs of shoes I was debating to wear to my interview on Friday. The pointy d''Orsay pumps from Etienne Aigner won, of course. The others are from Bakers and will be good teaching shoes for the fall. I like the embroidery at the edges.

Good-Two-Shoes1.jpg

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
And here are the fruits of my shopping labors this weekend! They''re a little out of place on this thread because they''re all flats, but I think they''re cute in their own casual ways.

On the top left are some buckly leather loafers from Bakers. Underneath those are little canvas slip-ons with buttons that FI picked out. Cute and fun! Apparently branding the inside was really important to the designers.

My super absolute favorites are my brand new Ed Hardy (Flowers Ellerise) sneakers with roses and little silver toes, and my ridiculous Doc Marten flats! I saw them and I loved the yellow stitching and the way they reminded me of high school all over again, minus the braces. Yay!

Not-Kellys-Shoes.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! I'm loving those crazy silver toed shoes in the top right corner. And those canvas flats are super cute and look really comfy. How are those Docs on your feet? I never managed to break mine in properly... I have a tendency to go against the thread a little bit with shoes (not so with my clothing choices-but I add pizazz with my shoes dangit!) and I love bold colors and graphic prints. Although I do tend to be more flamboyant with colors or textures instead of prints-I'm very much a solid color person. Like take these for instance, one of my few items with a print....

DSCF5437.JPG

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
!!!!!!

Those are fun! Like yours, my shoes are generally more colorful than my clothing. For a while I had a really great collection of different Puma sneakers in vibrant colors, but they''re starting to look a bit worn out now. I envy you your vast shoe collection, because you must always have something different to put on! What do you think you''ll pair those pink shoes with?

I love the colorful tattoo shoes, and I can''t wait to wear them with a pair of cropped pants or a skirt to really show them off. I haven''t worn the Doc Martens around except in the store so far; I just got them today. I''m hoping they''ll be comfortable enough in the long run. I do have a pair of bright blue lace up Docs that have never exactly gotten worn-in, though. I hope these work out, because I think they''re a fun little play on the classic boot.

Tomorrow I will try to bribe FI into taking pictures of my Camper wedges and anything else I have that isn''t sad and boring. I do have some cherry red ankle boots from J. Crew with a kitten heel, those might do!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooo....You need to take more pics!!!

I have a photo gallery of my shoes (can''t you tell I''m totally obsessed?!) and probably need to make some kind of collage to put up here so I don''t take over this thread with pictures of all of my shoes. I think I have very close to a hundred pairs of heels, and I would say that I haven''t worn about 40% of them out of the house. I need to get on that.

As for the pink shoes, I''ve worn them with all black before-that makes quite the statement! Other than that, I''d have a hard time, but I think I could probably pull off a bright top (maybe blue, green or purple) with them and probably some black pants.

When I get done with school I really need to get a job that I can wear all of these to. Of course, with my probable career that seems likely impossible, but we''ll see....

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Would this be the probable baking career, or some other probable career? The heels might be hard to manage in the kitchen. There''s a reason that Mario Batali rages those orange clogs so hard. Stilettos catch on the tiles.

Maybe you could do several collages, since you have more than enough fodder for them? Perhaps divide your collection by color...or heel height...hmm. Alphabetical? Chronological? Autobiographical? Now I''m just channeling High Fidelity...

Those shoes must rock with an all-black ensemble. If your career doesn''t give you enough opportunities to work your high heels, you should make sure that your social calendar does!

Okay, I really need to go to bed. I look forward to more fun tomorrow. And thanks for all your help today!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, baking is most likely. Probably wedding cakes. Which means that I could wear these shoes to the weddings afterwards! Heh. I do have a pair of those lovely Crocs that Mario rocks. Except mine are green. And I need to get a new pair because they are completely flat and smooth on the bottom (I wear them almost everyday). And I have about 3 pairs of regular ol' classic kitchen clogs too (those would be my next most expensive shoes-other than the Docs and Kenneth Coles-ranging from about $120-175 each-gotta have good supportive shoes for that job).

I was thinking maybe by color. I have 4 pairs of green heels alone (3 from the past 2 months!)...But I could go by style, like peeptoes, or pointy toes....Or heel height. There are so many options. By designer? By material used to make them? That might be an option...I'm going to start putting serious thought into this after Friday...Plus I need to recreate my excel spreadsheet of their catalog so I can keep up on what I have (and don't have!
31.gif
).

I think bed should be a serious option for me as well. I've spent 6-7 hours working on this paper (and browsing PS) and I think my brain is fried. You are very welcome for the help today.
2.gif

Now off to bed to dream of cupcakes and categorizing high heels!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2008 10:54:48 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Thanks Freke. I actually was wearing them in my dream last night so I hope they have them in Singapore. They looked so good on, in my dream
3.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Bee*, those are gorgeous shoes!!!! I can''t wait until you are back from Singapore!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2008 8:06:21 AM
Author: bee*

Thanks Freke. I actually was wearing them in my dream last night so I hope they have them in Singapore. They looked so good on, in my dream
3.gif
Which colour?
emangel.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, from experience, I know that when you start dreaming about shoes, that means you have to buy them. So if they are there...you know what to do.

And I would have such a hard time choosing between the two. Seriously. They''re both gorgeous!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 9:23:53 AM
Author: LitigatorChick
Bee*, those are gorgeous shoes!!!! I can''t wait until you are back from Singapore!

Thank you! I really hope they have them over there. I can''t wait to get some more shoes.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 9:27:38 AM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 5/5/2008 8:06:21 AM

Author: bee*

3.gif

Which colour?
emangel.gif

The black ones with the blue feathers were the ones in my dream, but I adore the pink ones also.....mmmmm decisions
41.gif

Freke-yep when you start dreaming about them you know you have to get them!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Green shoe collage...my first, so don't mind the big empty white spaces.

Top left hand corner: Anne Klein Green peep toes-my favorite pair. Long story behind those suckers. Kind of a random limey green-but I love the pattern on the fabric-all feminine and lacy looking

Top right: Nine West Liatris: Green suede. BF bought these for me, I think I have another pic or two up somewhere, probably this thread.

Bottom left: Nine West Luxious: Green Satin. BF also bought these for me at the same time as the Liatris. These are the shoes that I took a whole bunch of pics with my Tiffany tsavorite ring.

Bottom right: My newest acquisition: Guess Carrie in Green patent. Original price $90, got them on sale for $38. Wohoo!!!The pic with just the pointy toe is probably the best representation of the color-it's not as dark as it looks in the other pics.

I hope it's not too bad in terms of collages! I haven't used photoshop for stuff like this in over a year, so it's kind of awkward, but perhaps the next one will be better.
9.gif

Green shoes collage sized.jpg

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Cute collage, Freke! I had been wondering when you were going to post pics of the Carrie''s you got.
31.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok so I''ve been working on this in between doing other things. I started it earlier and was about halfway through when my computer crashed. Heh. Too many pics of shoes I guess.

Ok. Top shoes: BCBGirls in copper and silver (haven''t worn these yet)

Bottom Right: Carlos Santana Pounce I can''t remember the color though. I haven''t worn these yet either.

Bottom Left: Nine West Accolia in Natural Glitter. And surprise surprise, I haven''t worn these either!

I''m just not a warm colored metallic kind of girl I guess...Now silver on the other hand-I have over 10 pairs of silver shoes and I''ve worn most of them. But those are another collage...

Warm metallics.jpg

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 11:24:41 PM
Ok so I''ve been working on this in between doing other things. I started it earlier and was about halfway through when my computer crashed. Heh. Too many pics of shoes I guess.

Ok. Top shoes: BCBGirls in copper and silver (haven''t worn these yet)

Bottom Right: Carlos Santana Pounce I can''t remember the color though. I haven''t worn these yet either.

Bottom Left: Nine West Accolia in Natural Glitter. And surprise surprise, I haven''t worn these either!

I''m just not a warm colored metallic kind of girl I guess...Now silver on the other hand-I have over 10 pairs of silver shoes and I''ve worn most of them. But those are another collage...

Well, if you ever decide you need to clean out the closet and get rid of the shoes you''ve never worn, just remember, we''re the same size!
27.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
The same goes for you missy!
31.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought I''d post my new Guess shoes over here!
Check out the mmini-saga here.
BF bought them for me this afternoon. Wohoo!!!

I made a collage of them instead of posting a million pictures! I think the name of the shoe is Wolgan but I''m not sure. On the box it says GWOLGAN-so whatever that means. I could not find them on the internet anyway, so I''m declaring this as their first appearance! Yay!

Guess shoe Collage.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Apparently I have a thing for white right now because yesterday I picked up a Fossil bag in "Cloud White" and so I took pics of them together! Yay!

Anyway, I hope you guys like them!

Guess shoe and Fossil bag Collage.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freke, the new shoes and bag are really pretty! Congrats!

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Woo woo! Makes me wish I could pull off heels like that!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Woohoo, I''m so glad you found them again and got them! They''re totally fab.
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Bronx red peeptoes I found online at Nordie''s this past summer that went so well with my Burberry tote! Very comfy and I love the style and color, I get so many compliments on them.

redpeeptoes.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And quite possibly my favorite shoes ever, a pair of BCBGirls I picked up Fall of 2006, I wear them with dark jeans and fun tops usually. Just wanted to post them for Freke in case she needed additional eye candy.
2.gif

BCBgirlsfall06.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh Monarch!!!Both are adorable!!!

What else are you keeping from me?!
31.gif
27.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/13/2008 4:03:35 PM
Oh my gosh Monarch!!!Both are adorable!!!

What else are you keeping from me?!
31.gif
27.gif
Hee hee, I don''t have too much else I''m holding back, don''t worry. The rest of my shoes are much more sensible and not interesting enough to post, really. Working retail for so many years, I''ve had to invest in comfortable footwear (usually Franco Sarto''s) that is boring enough to go with many different outfits. Rest assured, however, that when I do start buying fun shoes again I will share my finds with you here!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!!I can''t wait!!!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 2:41:13 AM
Oooo....You need to take more pics!!!

I have a photo gallery of my shoes (can''t you tell I''m totally obsessed?!) and probably need to make some kind of collage to put up here so I don''t take over this thread with pictures of all of my shoes. I think I have very close to a hundred pairs of heels, and I would say that I haven''t worn about 40% of them out of the house. I need to get on that.

As for the pink shoes, I''ve worn them with all black before-that makes quite the statement! Other than that, I''d have a hard time, but I think I could probably pull off a bright top (maybe blue, green or purple) with them and probably some black pants.

When I get done with school I really need to get a job that I can wear all of these to. Of course, with my probable career that seems likely impossible, but we''ll see....

A hundred pair of heels?!?!?!?
6.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results