shape
carat
color
clarity

Shoes and wardrobe help for engagement pics this Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been desperately hunting for a dress to wear for our engagement pictures (the current bright colors/patterns fashion doesn''t work with my coloring AT ALL), and during lunch today FI, MOH and I came across this Ella Moss dress for me. Now I need to find shoes and jewelry, and we need to figure out what to have FI wear. We''ll be taking pictures around town in Ann Arbor (www.theshootinggallery.com to get an idea of our photographer''s style), and we''d like to go for a snazzy and somewhat coordinated look together. Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!!

ellamoss.jpg

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
I would suggest your FI wear charcoal slacks, a crisp dress shirt, and a tie that coordinates with your dress. Your dress seems more dressy than casual to me, so that put the whole tie idea in my head.

Regarding your shoes, do you have any heel height or shoe style requirements (i.e.: nothing above x height, only wedges, only closed-toe, etc.).

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, April! What color dress shirt do you think? As for my shoes, I definitely want heels, probably 2.5-4". 3-3.5" is probably my fav height. I''m picturing strappy with this dress, though once I get home I''ll have to see if a pair of blue kid leather pumps I have might work with it. I suspect they''ll seem too heavy, though. Maybe some kind of copper, gold or blue metallic strappy heels?

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Yay! We are having ours done by Dionne on July 23rd! I can''t wait! I agree with Aprilcait that your FI should wear a nice pair of slacks with a button down shirt. He could probably go without a tie to make it more casual. I agree that pumps would be too heavy with that dress. Perhaps a strappy sandal in black or blue? Hmm...I will look for a pic of some.

pichuchy21

Shiny_Rock
This pair from Nine west is nice.

BLK_SAN.jpg

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Before recommending a shirt color other than white for your FI, I want to check that I''m seeing the color of the dress correctly. The dress you posted is showing up as black with a red or DEEP pink accent on my monitor. Is that the correct coloring?

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
I want these for myself
3.gif
:
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/27974981/c/3397.html

Silvershoes.jpg

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
I thought a wedge option might be good with all of the walking around you''ll be doing. Plus, if you end up in any grassy areas, wedges would probably help. This shoe comes in various color combos for this one (all black, black and blue, all blue, etc.):
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/32428410/c/38613.html

Blackandblueshoes.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
So, it's a black dress with dark ink blue and a coppery, rusty, pinky brown sort of color. Definitely not just a dark pink, and not just brown, either. We hit the mall last night, and we found FI a great black, blue and white striped shirt from Calvin Klein on sale at Macy's. We tried to find me some coppery metallic shoes but had no luck. I tried the dress on with some black heels I have, but I think I need to go super strappy. Pumps and even the open toe d'orsays I have were too heavy with it. FI also wants to get some new black dress shoes (his aren't looking too hot anymore), so I think we're heading to DSW tonight to see what we can find. I also need to figure out jewelry.

Also, I have some fabulous red patent leather pumps that I was hoping to wear, but they obviously don't go with this dress. I ran the idea past our photographer, and she's all for us changing partway through the shoot into 2nd outfits. For one, she also loves the idea of the red shoes (she's both artsy and a total shoe nut), and two she said she'd like to get some shots with me sitting in ways that might not be so easy in a dress. Soooo, we now need to figure out a second set of outfits. Right now I'm thinking either fitted black knee-length crops (they're actually longer, but I'd roll them up) or jeans, matched with a cute white top, red earrings, and my red pumps. I'd just put FI in jeans, but he's super attached to the idea of wearing his pair of navy pinstripe pants and orange-brown shoes. The problem is I'm not sure we can work the brown/orange and my red shoes together, and he hates how he looks in white shirts for some reason. Shoes aside, do you think me in white, dark jeans with red accents, him in navy pants and a lighter blue shirt, would work? Or would it be too 4th of July?

epicoutfits1.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the shoe suggestions, girls! I think the nine wests would probably work better with the dress than the d''orsays or the wedges. After experimenting I''ve decided this dress definitely needs something barely-there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results