shape
carat
color
clarity

Shoe Storage

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
How do you store your shoes? Right now they are all at the bottom of my closet and I literally forget which shoes I own. I have a walk-in so putting something on the door makes the most sense. Can't wait to hear some ideas!!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, I use an over the door shoe organizer. I got it for $30 from the container store. Here's a pic from the CS.

Also, here's my own shoe collection. not the neatest, but it works.

IMAG0134.jpg

36PairOverdoorShoeRack_l.jpg

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For our casual shoes, DH and I have the same type of organizer as Iliang Chi but it is mounted on a wall rather than over a door. In addition, our dressier shoes are lined up on the floor of our walk in closet.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I use an organizer from ikea that hangs actually in your closet. It has compartments for all of your shoes. I like it bc a) it was cheap, and b) it doesn't limit where you can hang it. I can put it in the hall closet, the bedroom closet, wherever. Ill look to see if I can find a picture.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I store all of my shoes in the boxes, on shelves inside the wardrobe. Sneakers and slippers go on the bottom shelf of the wardrobe but everything else stays in the box. It takes up a lot more room (I have about 80 pairs of shoes) but it keeps the dust etc off them and I can always find what I need quickly.

April20

Ideal_Rock
My shoes used to be half in boxes and half in a messy jumble on the floor. I got sick and tired of not being able to find anything and the boxes were taking up too much room. DH and I were in The Container Store a few months back and they have this shoe storage thing that's sort of like a lazy susan. It has a very small footprint, which is nice. It has four "tiers" on it that turn and hold ten pairs of shoes each. I think it was $30 or $40. It's the best shoe organizer I've ever had. Here's a picture of it in "action".

**Please excuse messy jumble of shoes still on the floor. I have more than 40 pairs!

IMG_3042.JPG

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I use a shoe wheel. One for winter/fall and one for summer/spring.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
At my last house I had a walk in closet with 2 great shoe storage things on the wall. They came with the house so unfortunately I don't know where they're from. They were molded plastic and mounted on the wall. They had a strip of elastic that went across the top of the shoes and then U-shaped pieces that stuck out to hold the heels of the shoes. So the sole of the shoe was flat against the wall.

I'm going to keep searching because I want them for my new place, and if I find them I'll post it here!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
that shoe wheel ROCKS.
here's a picture of what i use.
i have 3 of them, holds ~30 pair because you can put more than one pair of flip flops into one compartment.

skubb-organizer-with--compartments-white__0111718_PE262657_S4.jpg

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I get really sad when I can't look at my pretties, so my shoes usually live in two 1.8mx900mm bookcases in my room. For some bizarre reason I only have pictures of one of these. They usually stand side by side.

I have moved since these photos were taken, so now my shoes have their own bedroom. We're currently in talks with the architect designing our new house and I have made it clear to him that I need a walk in cupboard with space for at least 1500 pairs of shoes. My FI was horrified!

FI: "1500 pairs of shoes! You don't have 1500 pairs of shoes!"
Me: "Not yet!" :Up_to_something: :naughty: :cheeky:

Yes, I know. I need help.

Shoe Storage.jpg

IMG_2805.JPG

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
And by "help" that would mean help picking them out, right? :Up_to_something: :cheeky:

~LC

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
lliang_chi|1305215166|2919691 said:
And by "help" that would mean help picking them out, right? :Up_to_something: :cheeky:

~LC

Of course! ;-)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow thanks ladies!

Trekkie, using bookcases is a good idea. Not sure I have the room though unless I move out some clothes. Not sure why I am holding on to clothes I will probably never wear or never fit into again.

Charbie, I have something similar for sweaters. I love IKEA.

T2of2, please post it if you find it! Sounds interesting!

Effe, a shoe wheel! So cool.

April, that looks good too.

Mish, I wish I had the room to do that. I have a bunch in clear plastic boxes but I still forget what is in there.

Mary P, I thought about mounting it. I was worried the door wouldn't close otherwise.

lliang, glad to know you are happy with it. When I was searching online there were so many negative reviews on every door organizer I found. We are getting a container store soon so I will have to check that out!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
charbie|1305212774|2919649 said:
that shoe wheel ROCKS.
here's a picture of what i use.
i have 3 of them, holds ~30 pair because you can put more than one pair of flip flops into one compartment.

We use the same thing for shoes not worn every day, and then have one of those two level racks than go on the ground for daily wear shoes.

Still, it is a mess :knockout:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have plain old wall closets that stretch along one wall of our bedroom. We have four sets of those short shoe organizers that have two levels off the ground lining the back of our closet floor. There's space between and in front of them for shoes that are too tall to fit on the shelves.

I pack up our out-of-season shoes and put them in plastic storage bins in the garage. We live in Chicago so we have the whole gamut--flip flops to rain boots to snow boots and back. I can't stand looking at winter boots or coats when it's warm out, so I exile them all.

My dream house has a huge dressing room with an entire wall for shoe storage. *sigh*

ETA: I don't think I own as many shoes as most of you! We have a little house and big feet, so I have to keep the collection to a minimum. :cheeky:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Every single pair of my shoes are in my walk-in closet. Well, OUR walk-in closet. That's about 180ish (I haven't counted in a long time) pairs of shoes. Most of them are in boxes, sitting on the top shelf to the ceiling, on racks (not in boxes) on the floor, on shelves on the floor. They are pretty much everywhere that clothes aren't.

So this thread is proving to be very useful! Thanks Tacori!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori E-ring said:
Trekkie, using bookcases is a good idea. Not sure I have the room though unless I move out some clothes. Not sure why I am holding on to clothes I will probably never wear or never fit into again.

I like bookcases because I'm a bit of a book nut. In my new house I'm going to do more or less the same thing but with floating shelves. They take up far less space and I can hang the shelves closely enough to be able to fit in more shoes!

shelves2.gif

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Shoes are in every closet in my house and my guest bedroom is basically just a giant walk-in closet with shoes lined up row after row. I have around 400 pairs (although around 200 of them are sandals and flip-flops). One of these days I am going to find a system to organize them all but for now they are divided up by style/season.

Very interesting seeing other's shoe organization. It's a topic that is dear to my heart!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I just keep them on a shelf in a cupboard, but I only have eight pairs. (I've never had so many pairs of shoes in my life before. :bigsmile: )

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I have one of these these cubbies under the spot in my closet for dresses and long items (since I don't have many of those). I can fit a pair of shoes in each cube, and limit myself to however many shoes fit in it. Boots don't count of course, since they don't fit :naughty:

089066085060lg.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results