shape
carat
color
clarity

Shoe opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laine

Brilliant_Rock
So I''m a grad student right now and with any luck I''ll be a professor in a few years, so I''ve been trying to look a little more like an adult lately. I''ve upgraded from t-shirts, but still need better shoes. I found a pair at target that are comfy, but I go back and forth between thinking they''re cute, thinking they''re way too preppy for me, thinking they look like old lady shoes, and then thinking they''re cute again. So, whats your vote, cute or no?

targetshoe.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I have those shoes!!! I was going back and forth on them at first until I finally wore them. Now I love them! I think you just have to wear the right top with them. :)

I''m a senior in college btw.

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Oobiecoo! Its nice to get an outside opinion as my BF is sort of useless on stuff like this. I''ve been wearing these around the house for about 2 days now.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I''ll be honest, they aren''t my style. However, I can''t get the full impression without seeing the whole outfit. I walk a lot around the city and also for work so I need something that is comfortable, flat, and has a polished older look without making me look too old. To me the style looks too prepy with jeans. I think that you could wear them with some dark brown slacks with a modern cut and it''ll look less prepy. I''m thinking Dark brown bootleg type pants with a cream sweater. It''s my personal oppinion that jeans look better with a simple ballet flat if you are going to go the flat/comfortable route.

Again, its just my opinion, my style isn''t for everyone. So, if you feel comfortable wearing them, you will pull them off.

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks EmeraldLover! You''ve pretty much nailed my concerns exactly. I''m looking for just what you said: "something that is comfortable, flat, and has a polished older look without making me look too old" and I can''t decide if this is it. I ordered a few more pairs of shoes online. They should be here in a few days and I''m hoping I can decide a little better with more to compare these to. I do have pair of black ballet flats that I love, so I''m looking for something a little different.

sera

Ideal_Rock
You might want to try the Jessica Simpson (yesss Jessica Simpson
25.gif
) ballet flats. At first I was skeptical, but once I tried them... wow... they are super cute and soooo comfy!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just my opinion - "old lady with bunions" shoes. If you want to stick with flats, dressy ballet flats will look more polished. Something like these - not the exact brand but the general idea http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/27719315/c/3.html.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results