shape
carat
color
clarity

Shoe help please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wedding venue will not allow me to postpone my wedding, so it looks like things will have to move forward.
7.gif

I didn''t reveal to all of you that I actually bought a second dress. When my first dress arrived in my size, it looked pretty awful. Last week, my second dress arrived. It''s beautiful. Unfortunately, it was designed for someone who is 6 feet tall (the delicate lace can''t be hemmed.) So, now I need a four inch heel. I have been searching and searching for shoes, but I just can''t seem to find anything that I love and that is comfortable.

I''ve been thinking that a satin shoe with jewel detail would be nice because of the jewel detail on the dress. I also thought maybe a silver shoe? I love colored shoes but I''m not sure if they will take away from the dress. Maybe you ladies have some better ideas? I wear a size 8, so a lot of shoes are sold out in my size. I don''t really care about budget because if I fall in love with something, I''ll probably buy the shoes at this point.

Here is a photo of the dress on the model. I don''t really want to share a photo of it on me because with everything that''s going on, I was a total mess the day I had to try it on.

belga.jpg

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Oh man! I just literally tried on a pair of shoes that would be perfect for this dress!!! They are quite high (prob at least 4 in), but also have the platform so they are pretty comfortable. Also, if interested, you could even dye them if you wanted to go for a color.

Bliss Bridal Shoes - Sociale

What do you think?

bliss bridal sociale1.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a size 7.5-8, so I feel your pain.

What is the deal with the venue and postponing? I''ve been kind of absent lately...

Could you post a picture of your favorite shoe?

And are there any things that you want to stay away from? Like, strappy sandals, d''orsay, etc?

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear there''s been a lot going on lately. I love your dress. I like the first shoes that were posted. The platforms should make them easier to walk in (right?).

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Chinese Laundry Baldwin was the first that came to mind for me. They have a really big platform, jeweled buckle, come in a ton of different colors including silver, ivory, and a corally pink, and to be as tall as they are, they actually aren't uncomfortable. I wore the blue ones for my wedding ceremony then changed into platform flip flops for the reception.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I love the ones that Rock of Love posted! Your dress is lovely!!! I''m so sorry that this has gotten really stressful right now!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2010 12:12:26 PM
Author: Rock_of_Love
Oh man! I just literally tried on a pair of shoes that would be perfect for this dress!!! They are quite high (prob at least 4 in), but also have the platform so they are pretty comfortable. Also, if interested, you could even dye them if you wanted to go for a color.

Bliss Bridal Shoes - Sociale

What do you think?
I really like these! They were exactly what I was picturing, then someone pointed out yesterday that I shouldn''t do a big jewel detail on my shoe because it will snag the delicate lace on my dress.
7.gif
It''s true. The lace on this dress is so light, that the bridal shop is having difficulty figuring out how to do a bustle. It also hangs down further than the satin underlay. So, maybe I should stick with little sparkles on the shoe?

Thanks Rock! You really did have the perfect shoe in mind for me.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2010 5:03:59 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I''m a size 7.5-8, so I feel your pain.

What is the deal with the venue and postponing? I''ve been kind of absent lately...

Could you post a picture of your favorite shoe?

And are there any things that you want to stay away from? Like, strappy sandals, d''orsay, etc?
My mom''s husband committed suicide a little over two weeks ago. My venue is less than sympathetic. They will keep my deposit (almost half the money for the entire event) even if I just change the date. I can''t afford this.

I really love d''orsay style shoes, but I''m not closing my mind to anything at this point. I have no favorite pair, maybe the Madame Claude by Christian Louboutin. I would like to stay away from spending $800 for a pair of shoes if at all possible though.
5.gif

farfrompro

Rough_Rock
I have seen a lot of really cute shoes on macys and norstrom websites. DSW also has a few nice styles and they offer free shipping on shoes over $35 and you can return them to the store for free. This helped me a lot because i couldnt decide on a style and ended up ordering a bunch to try on with the dress but didnt want to pay shipping and returns for everything. Macy''s and DSW also list their heel and platform heights on the site so that was really helpful. I would def. go with something with a platform to make it more comfy but hopefully these sites will help you out!

By the way, your dress is BEAUTIFUL. If you dont mind my asking, who is it by?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2010 10:53:50 AM
Author: farfrompro
I have seen a lot of really cute shoes on macys and norstrom websites. DSW also has a few nice styles and they offer free shipping on shoes over $35 and you can return them to the store for free. This helped me a lot because i couldnt decide on a style and ended up ordering a bunch to try on with the dress but didnt want to pay shipping and returns for everything. Macy''s and DSW also list their heel and platform heights on the site so that was really helpful. I would def. go with something with a platform to make it more comfy but hopefully these sites will help you out!

By the way, your dress is BEAUTIFUL. If you dont mind my asking, who is it by?
Thanks farfrompro! The dress is Rosa Clara''s Aire Barcelona line. Aire Barcelona

charbie

Ideal_Rock
How about something like these? They are from zappos, in your size. And have a slight jewel at the strap!

981954-p-DETAILED.jpg

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Or these Badgley Mischka''s- sw
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
n!
I know you mentioned CL''s and not wanting to spend that much...what kind of price though? These are only $200.

1160367-p-DETAILED.jpg

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Another pair of Badgley Mischka''s...with a baby jewel that I don''t think would snag the dress.

1160689-p-DETAILED.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
To be honest, I'd probably stay away from Badgley Mischkas because while amazingly gorgeous, they are normally 4 inches, without a platform, and while I can do 4 inches for a while, I wouldn't want to have to. Which is another reason besides my ankle being messed up that I didn't wear my Stuart Weitzmans to get married. 4 inches and no platform can make for a long day.

Casadei only in 7.5s, gold, lots of rhinestone detail

Silver Ralph Lauren Peep toes

Light gold Roberto Cavalli

Martinez Valero, with side rhinestone detail

A little out there, but Badgleys with flowery detail, in pink, white and gold

Champagne Charles David

Cole Haan Flowers!

Stuart Weitzman, only in 8.5

These Badgleys come in gray, black and purple, but I think they are beautiful...

And House Cat, I'm so very sorry to hear about your mother's husband. That is truly tragic news. And terrible that they won't let you postpone...

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the help. I love the BM''s. Do you really think they will be painful? Everyone is telling me to get a shoe with a platform, easier to walk in, easier to wear.

Do you think the Cole Haans are really comfortable to justify the cost? The heel really doesn''t look like it is 4 inches compared to the photos of the rest of the shoes we''ve been seeing. If they are truly comfortable, maybe I''ll go with those?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
HC, someone else wore the Nike Cole Haan shoes for her wedding--maybe do a search? I actually own a pair of Nike heels, but it was right when they got into the concept and before Cole Haan got involved.

I would try on the BMs, but to me the 4 inch heel with no platform looks like a really uncomfortable angle for the foot to have to be at for long periods of time. Usually the shorter the heel, the more comfortable the shoe, but that also depends on how often you wear heels...

Too many individual-dependent factors going on here...

ETA: The Cole Haan flowers were my favorite ones that I found. Love those.
30.gif

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
Where can I get my hands on those Bliss Sociales? I
30.gif
them!! They don''t sell them in IL and I can''t find a way to order them online.
I also love the Badgley Mischkas with the flower...I wish they came in ivory...or better yet, purple or bright pink!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results