shape
carat
color
clarity

Shoe Dilemma

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
So I had thought I'd found my wedding shoes almost 5 months ago. They are Nina's "Paladin" in Ivory satin, and they fit all of my criteria: low heel, padded insole, closed-toe, and they have a bow on them. I've only looked at them three times since I bought them five months ago, once when they arrived, at my first fitting so the seamstress could mark the hem height, and again at my second fitting. In between, they've been sitting wrapped in tissue paper in the box they came in. Well, when I took them out at my second fitting, I noticed the left one had somehow developed a giant smudge on the back of the heel. I can't tell what exactly it is, but it almost looks like if somebody was wearing a lot of foundation/blush and rubbed the shoe on their cheek! Weird! Especially since I don't wear makeup at all and I know for a fact nobody is wandering around my house rubbing my shoes on their face. So I figured I'd take them to the dry cleaners and see if they can't get the mark out, but in the meantime I went and looked at Nina's site to see if they were still selling the shoe just in case. They are, but I also noticed that you can get a custom Paladin done in almost any color you want....

And now I kind of want them in blue. There's no blue in my wedding, not a stitch, and my mother would flip out, but blue! They're ridiculously more expensive in blue, they're non-returnable, I already technically *have* wedding shoes. I can get them with a pink sole. Am I crazy?

Shoes357.jpg

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
If you can afford them, why not? Blue shoes are fun, and you don't have to have blue in your wedding to get them. If anything, if you want blue shoes, why not wear white/ivory for the cermony, and blue for the reception? Maybe even find a different blue pair you want?

Disclaimer: I am the type of person who buys something in every color if I like it, so maybe I'm not helping. I will say I think blue shoes always make for fun pictures.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
um, i'm gonna be a total enabler...YES, you should get them! as long as it's not stretching your budget, i say "go for it! join the blue shoe bride brigade!"

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yeah, sorry, I have to be an enabler on this one. PINK SOLES!!!

are they comfortable? if not, this is your chance to switch shoes....if you like them then I would get the blue ones, with the pink!!! soles!!! so fun :) and it can't be that much $$$?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What do you think I am going to say?!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I say go blue with pink soles! I LOVE colored wedding shoes. I think they look awesome in pictures! I'm getting hot pink shoes for my wedding!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the blue with pink soles would really make a statement! Do it if its in the budget!

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah you ladies figured me out, this was basically just an "enable me, pleez" post. :bigsmile: They're $150 for blue, and about $85 for the in-stock colors - not hideously expensive but still more than I originally planned on paying for shoes I was more than likely only going to wear once.

They also come in pink! And canary yellow! And apple green! I'm such a sucker. ;(

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Am i missing something or can't you just dye the ones you already bought blue?

If not, and budget allows... go for blue!
And as for your mother... hello! "Something blue"?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ivory will likely end up having a green tint to it if you tried to dye it, and thats IF the fabric could be dyed.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
FrekeChild said:
The ivory will likely end up having a green tint to it if you tried to dye it, and thats IF the fabric could be dyed.

Thanks, Freke! I knew you'd be the one to clear it up for me :wink2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results