shape
carat
color
clarity

Shirt for holiday party

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
I''m hoping all the fashionable ladies can help me out... I''m looking for a shirt/blouse to wear to a holiday party with dark jeans and heels. The party is not formal so jeans are fine, but I want to glam it up a bit on top. I do not want sleeveless (in the Midwest), but would like something somewhat "sexy and festive". I Plan to wear dark-wash seven or paige jeans and high heels or boots.

Any suggestions?

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
You might want to check out Cache. They have lots of cute dressy tops. They also have a web site: Cache

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the ideas. Did anyone watch Desperate Housewives? I love the red shirt the woman fro Chicago was wearing (the one that dropped i on Catherine''s husband) It was a wrap top with a ruffled v-neck. Anyone seen anything like that?

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2007 10:33:23 PM
Author: dancingqueen
Thanks for the ideas. Did anyone watch Desperate Housewives? I love the red shirt the woman fro Chicago was wearing (the one that dropped i on Catherine''s husband) It was a wrap top with a ruffled v-neck. Anyone seen anything like that?
I''ve seen some gorgeous wraps and gorgeous ruffles but don''t recall a wrap/ruffle top (I did try on a wrap ruffle dress at Macy''s).

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Macys love the sheer arms

Dillards ruffle no wrap...but feminine

Ann Taylor ruffle no wrap...but they do have some pretty wraps...no ruffles

Hope those helped. Eat the canapes!! §

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Victoria''s Secret''s website has some awesome holiday shirts/dresses also. I know lots of them are sleeveless (since it''s nearly 80 degrees here, that works for me) but they do have some nice tops with sleeves!

www.victoriassecret.com

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 12:25:42 PM
Author: Cleopatra
Victoria''s Secret''s website has some awesome holiday shirts/dresses also. I know lots of them are sleeveless (since it''s nearly 80 degrees here, that works for me) but they do have some nice tops with sleeves!

www.victoriassecret.com
I love victoria''s secret, but am often disappointed with the quality of their blouses. Everything else-- Tshirts, jackets, jeans...all WONDERFUL. But be careful with those. I find their blouses are often overpriced, have very thin fabric, and are often "doctored" in the photos so they don''t fit the same way in person.

Cleopatra- do you have similar experiences with them?

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the suggestions! I noticed the red NY&Co shirt in their window over the weekend. I still love the one I saw on Desperate Housewives last night and it''s shaped like other Diane Von Furstenberg shirts I have seen. I don''t want to spend that much, but would love to find something similar.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 12:34:36 PM
Author: misysu2

I love victoria''s secret, but am often disappointed with the quality of their blouses. Everything else-- Tshirts, jackets, jeans...all WONDERFUL. But be careful with those. I find their blouses are often overpriced, have very thin fabric, and are often ''doctored'' in the photos so they don''t fit the same way in person.

I know exactly what you mean Misysu! I actually ordered some "holiday party" shirts a couple of weeks ago and received them last Wednesday....I was very disappointed with one shirt and suprisingly satisfied with the other. They are totally hit or miss with me. Sometimes they can knock my socks off and sometimes, it''s just blah
I do feel as though their fabrics and quality are in complete glory on the website thanks to the magic of photoshop....in person, they are very disappointing and you realize that you were hosed on price and SHIPPING COSTS!!

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 2:04:01 PM
Author: Cleopatra

Date: 11/26/2007 12:34:36 PM

I love victoria's secret, but am often disappointed with the quality of their blouses. Everything else-- Tshirts, jackets, jeans...all WONDERFUL. But be careful with those. I find their blouses are often overpriced, have very thin fabric, and are often 'doctored' in the photos so they don't fit the same way in person.

I know exactly what you mean Misysu! I actually ordered some 'holiday party' shirts a couple of weeks ago and received them last Wednesday....I was very disappointed with one shirt and suprisingly satisfied with the other. They are totally hit or miss with me. Sometimes they can knock my socks off and sometimes, it's just blah <---- more often

I do feel as though their fabrics and quality are in complete glory on the website thanks to the magic of photoshop....in person, they are very disappointing and you realize that you were hosed on price and SHIPPING COSTS!!
Yes! What's this about Victoria's Secret charging you tax on your shipping and handling charges?! They totally hose you!

You and me, Cleo-- I think you're my PS "soul mate" hehe! We're like one mind sometimes, with dresses, Victorias Secret, and everything!!
2.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 2:14:33 PM

Yes! What''s this about Victoria''s Secret charging you tax on your shipping and handling charges?! They totally hose you!

You and me, Cleo-- I think you''re my PS ''soul mate'' hehe! We''re like one mind sometimes, with dresses, Victorias Secret, and everything!!
2.gif

heheee - I do believe that we are PS-BFFs! teeeheee
9.gif
I love reading your posts Misysu! Mainly because I always agree with you!!! !!!
3.gif

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/25/2007 10:33:23 PM
Author: dancingqueen
Hi Dancing Queen,

The red shirt from Desperate Housewives is actually a dress from Diane Von Furstenberg called the Volante Ruffle Wrap Dress. There is one on Ebay right now size 8 for $145.00...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Diane-von-DVF-Furstenberg-Volante-Ruffle-Wrap-Dress-8_W0QQitemZ260176571699QQcmdZViewItem

Anthropologie has some great holiday tops right now too...

0475576476090_ASTL_300x400.jpg

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Jcrew has these two tops that are kind of similar
1.gif

89537_RD6042_m_HOL07.jpg

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 4:52:45 PM
Author: ivanadiamond
I loooooove that 2nd JCrew shirt!! ooooo....must check it out now.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies! That dress is the one! I guess I missed the dress part.

I looked at the J Crew tops, but quickly dismissed them with the sleeve length, but maybe I should consider the first one. It''s a beautiful color and interesting shape!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh have you seen this sweater? It has the requested ruffles!!! And it is shown with jeans!!! WhiteHBlackM And I love it!! Take a peek...oh go ahead! §

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results