shape
carat
color
clarity

Shipping a Ring to the UK

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Hi all - quick question. I have a diamond ring that I want to ship from the US to the UK. Does anyone have suggestions of the best method? It's around a $1200 value.
I like shipping through the postal service but the USPS website lists fine jewelry as a prohibition, but I seem to recall shipping a piece over there some years ago. Perhaps that has changed since then.....

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I sent a fine jewelry piece around that price. I used Fed Ex international with online tracking and signature required.

It is expensive, but it zipped right through with no problems. And I was updated nightly as to where it was every step along the way.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Ok thanks! Do you recall just a ballpark idea how much it was for Fedex?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you go with FedEx, keep in mind FedEx does not offer insurance to consumers (vendors who ship via FedEx have their own third-party insurance); and I believe should your parcel be lost/damaged, FedEx would only be liable to reimburse your shipping cost, not the value of the item. Also, I seem to recall FedEx International limits the declared value of items shipped to $1,000, so you may want to check on this as well.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
This was a while ago so I am sure rates went up.

I paid $68.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Ok thanks for all the info. I'll give them a call and see what they are able to do.

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, I'm in the process of shipping jewellery from the US to the UK, I've just paid for Fed Ex to do it, it's cost me $45 and I'm supposed to receive it within 3-5 days of it being released to them by the US seller who has arranged it all for me. There is also likely to be an ?import tax that's a percentage of the purchase cost, so that's another thing to consider. Hope this is some help.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results