shape
carat
color
clarity

Shift Happens!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, we do need to do more in our school systems. Thanks.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is definitely interesting food for thought...

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''ll be 60 in a couple months, so I won''t have to undergo a lot of the forseen changes, but for those you in their 20''s or for young children, all I can say is hang on to your hats. Its going to be quite a ride. Along with this series of changes also will come increased pollution and probably more terrorism. There''s no going back, so prepare to go forward.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
neat but a lot of false info.
We don't even know the computing power of the human brain much less when it will be passed.
Just the shear data crunching that vision requires for 1 second would take the fastest distributed network system 6 to 8 months to process and that is with 10s of thousands of today's computers working on it.
We cant even accurately work with stereographic vision with today's computers in real time and wont for many years to come.
The human brain works with aprox. 48bit+ images at a dynamic range of around 36 f-stops at up too 300fps x2 at a resolution that no one agrees on. (150MP isnt impossible)
The best cameras are at 32bit, 15stops at 10fps for 24MP, anything faster requires a reduction is depth and range or less MP.
Which is why you could always tell high speed photo shots compared to normal shots in movies, cgi fixes a lot of that.
the best movie tech movie is at 16bit,6 f-stops,30fps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results