shape
carat
color
clarity

She swallowed the ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Gulp! She swallowed her own engagement ring
Woman’s boyfriend hid it in milkshake to propose; happily, the crisis passed

Link to story and video

By Mike Celizic
TODAYShow.com contributor
updated 9:55 a.m. ET, Mon., March. 2, 2009

A lot of guys try to come up with proposal scenarios that their girlfriends will remember forever. So give Reed Harris credit for accomplishing that goal — even if it turned out to be in don’t-try-this-at-home fashion.

The idea was a variation on a common theme: Put the ring in a drink and let his beloved discover it. Harris did his part, hiding the ring in a Wendy’s Frosty milkshake. But, as he and his girlfriend, Kaitlin Whipple, told TODAY’s Matt Lauer Monday in New York, she ate the entire shake and never found the ring.

Harris and Whipple had attended an LDS Institute class last Tuesday at San Juan College in Farmington, N.M., where they live. Afterward, they and a group of friends went to a Wendy’s for Frosties. The friends were in on his plans and recorded what they expected to be a heartwarming proposal on a cell phone video camera.
Read the rest of the story...

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I have a strict no food w/ my proposal guidline.. this is why! She had to POOP her own engagement ring before she got to wear it! GROSS!
14.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
oh boy
23.gif

I never understood putting the ring IN something....like a shake for example, or even champagne....wouldn''t your shiny new ring come out dirty and sticky?! That would bother me - lol....

Hope she has an ultrasonic!
32.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was going to say "if she had really small fingers and it was a plain band" and then I looked at the link....ouch! How does someone swallow a ring like that and not feel it! I knwow frosties are thick and all, but that''s rediculous!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL.

It''s so romantic that they had to wait for her to crap in order to make it official.
20.gif
2.gif

Definitely a story they''ll never forget! Funny!
3.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 3:15:10 PM
Author: tlh
I have a strict no food w/ my proposal guidline.. this is why! She had to POOP her own engagement ring before she got to wear it! GROSS!
14.gif
That''s what I just said to James! And she''s got to tell that story a few hundred times! "Oh, how did he propose?" "Well, he stuck it in my food, I ate it, crapped it out, cleaned it up a bit and here it is!! Romantic, isn''t it?" Um, ewwwww. Betcha no one asked to try it on after hearing that story.
3.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 3:17:47 PM
Author: gwendolyn

14.gif
That''s what I just said to James! And she''s got to tell that story a few hundred times! ''Oh, how did he propose?'' ''Well, he stuck it in my food, I ate it, crapped it out, cleaned it up a bit and here it is!! Romantic, isn''t it?'' Um, ewwwww. Betcha no one asked to try it on after hearing that story.
3.gif
Betcha noone is asking her to TRY IT ON! HAHAHAHAA

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 3:18:56 PM

14.gif
That''s what I just said to James! And she''s got to tell that story a few hundred times! ''Oh, how did he propose?'' ''Well, he stuck it in my food, I ate it, crapped it out, cleaned it up a bit and here it is!! Romantic, isn''t it?'' Um, ewwwww. Betcha no one asked to try it on after hearing that story.
3.gif
Ha! Good point.

Although, I''m so ready to be engaged that I''d be willing to crap out a ring if it made it happen faster.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 3:21:44 PM
Author: elledizzy5

14.gif

3.gif

Ha! Good point.

Although, I''m so ready to be engaged that I''d be willing to crap out a ring if it made it happen faster.

best.response.ever!

It''s official. Men make women crazy.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock

14.gif
3.gif
Ha! Good point.

hahaha...EWWW!!! That''s so gross!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock

14.gif

3.gif

Ha! Good point.

What would YOUR answer to the question, "Oh, congrats, how did he do it?" be then?
9.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 3:27:44 PM
Author: trillionaire

Ha! Good point.

best.response.ever!

Haha.. sad but true!!
20.gif
20.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 3:30:01 PM

14.gif

3.gif

Ha! Good point.

What would YOUR answer to the question, ''Oh, congrats, how did he do it?'' be then?
9.gif
Hehe.

He took me to a very high-fiber restaurant for dinner?

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
eww that''s so gross! I watched the video and the guy was like ''Can you take it off, Meridith wants to hold it.'' He was joking, but that is so gross.

Can you imagine having to FIND it! Honestly, I would have to tell BF we''d have to use insurance on it and call it lost. I could not go searching in the toilet.

It happened on Tuesday and she ''found'' it Thursday. ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.
emotion-41.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 3:31:13 PM
Date: 3/2/2009 3:27:44 PM

Ha! Good point.

best.response.ever!

Haha.. sad but true!!
20.gif
20.gif

maybe try a different approach. Start swallowing HIS stuff, and tell him you will stop when you get the ring. I would go with small things... wouldn''t want to cause an obstruction. Of course, this might land you in the looney bin... alone...
28.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 3:43:23 PM

Date: 3/2/2009 3:31:13 PM
Haha.. sad but true!!
20.gif
20.gif

maybe try a different approach. Start swallowing HIS stuff, and tell him you will stop when you get the ring. I would go with small things... wouldn''t want to cause an obstruction. Of course, this might land you in the looney bin... alone...
28.gif
Ahhahah!!!

Isn''t there an actual disease when you swallow stuff on purpose? I can''t remember what it''s called, but the concept sounds familiar.

I wish I could swallow his cell phone.
20.gif
He''s so addicted to that thing he''d been down on one knee so fast!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 3:45:40 PM
Ahhahah!!!

Isn''t there an actual disease when you swallow stuff on purpose? I can''t remember what it''s called, but the concept sounds familiar.

20.gif
Hmmm... if you COULD swallow his whole cell phone... I think he''d be on one knee anyway! I mean... that is pretty rare IRL!
31.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 4:33:35 PM

Date: 3/2/2009 3:45:40 PM
Ahhahah!!!

20.gif
Hmmm... if you COULD swallow his whole cell phone... I think he''d be on one knee anyway! I mean... that is pretty rare IRL!
31.gif
Bwahahhahaa!!
36.gif

TLH you crack me up!!

adhesive

Shiny_Rock
Hahaha,

I actually saw this on the news at home one day with FF. All I had to do was LOOK at FF and he said "I will NEVER put it in food - don''t worry. ESPECIALLY after this..."

My mom''s first husband slipped the ring in a glass of champagne. She said that she noticed it before she even took a sip and that she thought it was ice. She said "Why would you put ice in my champ... Oh my goodness!!!" It certainly was "ice" alright... just not the kind she thought it was
3.gif

But champagne is clear-ish and the sound of metal against glass is obvious. A milkshake is sooo thick and opaque and hearing it knock against a paper cup would be difficult... so I cannot IMAGINE why the guy would''ve thought that it would be a good food to put it in. But he got what he deserved for not thinking it through. Lol... well maybe not him... but SHE definitely got what HE deserved...
2.gif

Too funny!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 4:42:11 PM
Author: adhesive
Hahaha,

I actually saw this on the news at home one day with FF. All I had to do was LOOK at FF and he said ''I will NEVER put it in food - don''t worry. ESPECIALLY after this...''

My mom''s first husband slipped the ring in a glass of champagne. She said that she noticed it before she even took a sip and that she thought it was ice. She said ''Why would you put ice in my champ... Oh my goodness!!!'' It certainly was ''ice'' alright... just not the kind she thought it was
3.gif

But champagne is clear-ish and the sound of metal against glass is obvious. A milkshake is sooo thick and opaque and hearing it knock against a paper cup would be difficult... so I cannot IMAGINE why the guy would''ve thought that it would be a good food to put it in. But he got what he deserved for not thinking it through. Lol... well maybe not him... but SHE definitely got what HE deserved...
2.gif

Too funny!
HAHAH... you think he got the poo duty! hahah that is awesome!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock

Ha! Good point.

hahahahahahhahahaa

me to.

9.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I am laughing so hard from reading this thread that I can''t even come up with a joke to post.

You''re damn right no one will ask her to try it on!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I''m sure that''s not the first time that has happened though!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ewe ewe ewe ewe!!!!! Nasty!

Elle, there is...it''s called Pica. It happens to a lot of pregnant women, malnourished children, and mentally ill people.

Savvymon

Shiny_Rock
Hahahahahhahahahahahhahaha

Thats nasty!!!

emotion-41.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
HA, HA, HA!!! That''s hilarious! I just can''t imagine!!! I''d totally have been afraid of accidently flushing it!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 3:32:17 PM

14.gif

3.gif

Ha! Good point.

What would YOUR answer to the question, ''Oh, congrats, how did he do it?'' be then?
9.gif

Hehe.

HAHAHAHA you could think of this as a bonding experience after smogging through poo together I don''t think anything would be weird or awkward after that.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
OH MAN!
14.gif

that''s all I can say.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 10:46:53 PM
Author: Deelight
Date: 3/2/2009 3:32:17 PM

14.gif

3.gif

Ha! Good point.

9.gif

Hehe.

HAHAHAHA you could think of this as a bonding experience after smogging through poo together I don''t think anything would be weird or awkward after that.

FF crapped the bed we shared last summer when we were in Mexico.
6.gif
We were just a small step away from sorting poo!

Montezuma''s Revenge... he doesn''t normally make a habit of it.
2.gif

Yeah.. we were so much more bonded after that.
20.gif
2.gif

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock

This thread made my day. Thank you, ladies! Ha ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results