shape
carat
color
clarity

She said yes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bfready

Rough_Rock
Sorry if this is long, but I just have to tell my proposal story...

With finals coming up I had to get it off my mind, so I decided to propose this past weekend. Her birthday was the previous week, and I got a room at a local resort hotel. It''s a modern castle in the woods with 11 fancy suites. I had already arranged for us to have a horse-drawn carriage ride around the grounds an hour after we arrived. It was pretty chilly during the ride, so after we got back to our room, I suggested she warm up with a jacuzzi bath. While she was doing that I was setting up my proposal plan. I had purchased an engagement/wedding jewelry book that I first thought about cutting out to house the ring. But then I figured she might want to actually read the book. So after her bath I told her I wanted to talk to her about the fact that I was ready to get serious about ring shopping and I wanted to get a good idea of what she wanted. I calmly (as calmly as I could) flipped through the pages of cuts and setting styles pointing out one I thought she''d like or wouldn''t like. She got frustrated with me when we''d go shopping because she wanted me to pick and said it was teasing her to show her rings and not buy, so I wanted her to feel a little of this disappointment before the big moment. Then I told her I really thought she''d like the ring on the back cover of the book. I closed the book, and hidden in my right hand the whole time was the ring. Of course I got on my knee and formally proposed. She just kept saying "oh my gosh, oh my gosh" before finally saying yes. We went to dinner a couple hours later, and while we were at dinner the resort staff went to work preparing the room as I had requested - rose petals on the bed and lavendar tealight candles throughout the room. It was only afterward that my new fiance had told nearly everyone she knows that she thought I might propose during this trip. She knows me too well, but I guess that''s why we''re now engaged.

Mag00

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 10:55:42 PM
Author:bfready
Sorry if this is long, It was only afterward that my new fiance had told nearly everyone she knows that she thought I might propose during this trip. She knows me too well, but I guess that''s why we''re now engaged.

congrats!! and don''t worry, it wasn''t a long read... it was a paragraph.

I think the other Psych Majors can agree with me here, but I''m not sure its because she knows you well, its because of the Hindsight Bias Link.
Just dont tell her that, because she''ll deny it.

anyways, once again, congratulations
12.gif

bfready

Rough_Rock
Well I know for a fact she told all her coworkers, her best friend, and half her family that she thought it was coming. I think it was more foresight than hindsight. You psych majors are always reading into things...
28.gif

Mag00

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 11:23:20 PM
Author: bfready
Well I know for a fact she told all her coworkers, her best friend, and half her family that she thought it was coming. I think it was more foresight than hindsight.

did she tell them she thought it was coming before you took her out, or did she mention it afterwards?

bfready

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 11:27:03 PM
Author: Mag00

Well I know for a fact she told all her coworkers, her best friend, and half her family that she thought it was coming. I think it was more foresight than hindsight.

did she tell them she thought it was coming before you took her out, or did she mention it afterwards?
She told them the week leading up to it. She had to take a vacation day, so she knew we were going. She told her best friend (and future maid of honor) that she was prepared to cry the whole way home if I didn''t do it since she was so convinced it was going to happen. It was only when I forced myself to not "act weird" on the way to the resort that she said she started having doubts.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! That woman''s intuition is right a lot of the time, that''s for sure! I can''t remember if you posted pics of the ring or not but um... pics? Please?

*M*

bfready

Rough_Rock
I just posted pics in my Rocky Talky thread about the vendors.

Mag00

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 12:08:41 AM
I just posted pics in my Rocky Talky thread about the vendors.

oh that was you that posted that ring!
That''s a very nice ring!
6.gif

Alienor

Rough_Rock
It is a sweet proposal. Congratulations, you must be ecstatic.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations!!! I like how you mentioned wanting to have some disappointment before you popped the question, lol, MEN!!!
2.gif
(i''m sure my bf will do the same thing!)

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Awww... such a cute proposal!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
congrats!!! what a cute proposal. do you have any hand shot ring pics?

InlovewithJHK

Shiny_Rock
love the proposal story! ring pics please!

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 11:31:10 PM

Date: 4/18/2007 11:27:03 PM
Author: Mag00

She told them the week leading up to it. She had to take a vacation day, so she knew we were going. She told her best friend (and future maid of honor) that she was prepared to cry the whole way home if I didn''t do it since she was so convinced it was going to happen. It was only when I forced myself to not ''act weird'' on the way to the resort that she said she started having doubts.
Haha! Except, how many other times has she probably told all her friends that she thinks THIS IS IT!!!? I''m still not engaged, but there have been 3 or 4 different times where I really, truly thought it was finally here and told a few people that I thought it would happen over the weekend... hehe, when a girl wants to be engaged, she reads a lot into everything you men do. In any case, congrats!!! So exciting! Hey, where is that castle? I LOVE castles!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results