shape
carat
color
clarity

She said yes!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

carlsbad

Rough_Rock
Wow this is great. I can stop being a lurker and post openly, now that I am engaged. My fiancée and I have been looking at rings online and she is aware of pricescope but she had no idea that I already had a ring so I didn’t want to spill the beans.

Here’s the story: I have a house under construction at frame stage. We were both walking through the other day and she said I should write “Scott Loves Lori” on one of the studs, then it will be covered up with drywall and forever and be our little secret. This gave me the idea of how to propose.

Last Friday I told her to wear something nice because I want to take her to a nice restaurant after work. I left work about 30 minutes early and went to the house under construction with Christmas lights, a Magic Marker, and a remote control power switch (like the X10 stuff). I strung up the lights in the master bedroom, hooked them up to the switch and ran an extension cord out to temporary power for the house. Above one of the doorways I wrote with the marker “Loretta…. Will you Marry Me?”

On another doorway I wrote “Scott Loves Lori Forever” and another doorway “Peanut Loves Butter” (She calls me peanut and I call her butter, I know, cheesy)

So I went to pick her up and told her I wanted to show her something at the new house real quick. When we got there it was dark, she didn’t want to get out (high heels) but I coaxed her out with a flashlight and showed her into the house. I shined the light on the first door header and she thought it was really cute and hugged me but was a little annoyed (dark, cold, dangerous area). I showed her the other door header then took her up stairs to the last door that said marry me. As I shined the light across her name and as soon as it got to “Marry Me?” I clicked the button in my pocket and all of the lights came on in the room. She was shocked!!!

I dropped down on one knee, proposed, pulled out the ring and the rest is history.

We then went down to the strip (we live in Vegas) to the Paris and I had reservations at the Eiffel Tower restaurant. She really loves France and has Eiffel Tower pictures all through her house so I thought it would be a great place to take her. It all turned out perfect!

Sorry for the long post, just thought you all would get a kick out of my story. And I couldn’t have done it without lurking through pricescope thanks everyone!
Here’s a link to a couple of pictures I took right after, in the background of the first one you can see the writing on the wood.

http://flickr.com/photos/savmac/75851285/in/photostream/
http://flickr.com/photos/savmac/75851286/in/photostream/

Waited2Long

Shiny_Rock
That is so cool! Congrats!

There seem to be a few Vegas proposals coming up. How cold is it there?

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! The pictures are too cute! You both look so happy and I wish you both the best!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You 2 are so cute, congratulations!!!
36.gif

Kojack

Rough_Rock
From one guy to another.....you did a great job! Man, that was a great idea and like your Fiancee said, it will always be your little secret. Congrats and best wishes to the both of you
36.gif

carlsbad

Rough_Rock
Hey, thanks for the kind words everyone
21.gif

Yes Vegas actually gets pretty cold here in the Winter, at least for me. Its been in the 40''s at night this week. It actually snowed one day last year, though that is very rare.
If anyone wants some info/advice from a local, feel free to msg me!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations.....

Your girls has the most beautiful eyes! You''re a lucky guy!

best wishes...Blod
35.gif

caligal

Shiny_Rock
This is such a wonderful proposal story!
36.gif
36.gif
My folks have lived in Vegas for the past 8 years- it sure has changed hasn''t it?! Loved the pics- congrats!

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
Congrats Carsbad....

5 days and counting for me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results