shape
carat
color
clarity

She said yes....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JustMe1979

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to share our story. We have been together nearly 3 years and love to take vacations so everytime we go on one our friends and family assume the question may be popped.

I did the right thing and swiped her dads phone number out of her phone and had lunch with him a few days before our trip asking for her hand in marriage.

Our first vacation as a couple was to Key West in 2007 so naturally I thought this would be a great place to ask. BUT I thought it might be expected in Key West so I planned on asking while we made a pit stop in Miami for 3 days on our way down to the Keys. I know her well and especially being a girl..I know girls snoop around so if she had any idea I knew she would snoop through my luggage while I was in the shower on our trip so I prepared myself. I tucked the ring inside a small microfiber baggie and rolled it up inside a pair of dress socks...JUST IN CASE!

On our last day in South Beach we planned on taking it easy so we had plans of going to the mall to do some shopping, a little sight seeing, and dinner at a place inside Miami at a Cuban restaurant. I already told her I wanted to find a park near Biscayne Bay before dinner with the sun going down for some pics. The first place I tried was the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens but they had already closed their gates. I found another one about 15 minutes away but we got kicked out because they were filming the show Burn Notice there. The third park was a little too parky and dark so there was a small bridge crossing an inlet into Biscayne Bay that had some benches under some very pretty trees.

I pulled over there and snapped a few pics of her next to the water and then walked on the other side that was a little more secluded. I took a picture of her on the bench and set the timer and took a picture of us on the bench with the camera sitting on a brick ledge. She told me to take another one so I took that as the perfect moment. I got the ring in my hand inside my pocket, set the timer, and walked back over, got down, and held the ring out at the perfect time the camera went off with both our expressions caught in the moment and both of us holding hands and the ring. PERFECT!

She had no idea and was 100% surprised. I am a little traditional and refuse the fact of going to look at rings with my girl because I think that takes away from the element of surprise and happiness. I picked out the ring myself a week prior. By the way...she confessed a few days later that she had gone through my luggage in search for a ring. I know her too well!!! She also told me that she thought if I did it, it would be at the end of the trip in Key West and not the beginning. Again...I know her too well! After not finding the ring she was obviously more surprised :)

We are planning on a December wedding in 2010 with a holiday theme but not too overboard.

Here is the ring and here is the proposal. The ring picture has the wedding band on it but we have since taken it off until we get married. It is a 1 CT Leo Diamond, 14 CT white gold with platinum clasps. Each diamond on the wedding band is .25 CT's.

The ring is SI(2) clarity and G color
The band is SI(1)-SI(2) clarity and G-H color

imgringproposal.jpg

JustMe1979

Rough_Rock
And the proposal

proposaldown.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I am so happy for both of you!!!
Congrats!

gorgeous ring too!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent post, excellent job with the proposal and excellent job in finding a great hiding place! Perfect timing with the self-timer/proposal too!
Key West is awesome, isn''t it?

Congratulations,
Treefrog

JustMe1979

Rough_Rock
Key West is awesome. This was our second trip and loved it even more this time.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous ring, and fantastic proposal. Congrats!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
You did great!
36.gif

Congrats to both of you!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! What a lovely ring!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Aaawww!! I love the proposal pics and timing everything and getting an awesome shot of the whole thing!! Congrats!!! Beautiful ring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results