shape
carat
color
clarity

She said yes! Thanks to all of you for your advice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robianch

Rough_Rock
I posted my proposal idea on here but I will do the finished version. I bought a princess cut diamond solitaire for my gf back in October. I didn''t get the final appraisals done until November so I held out for a Christmas proposal. I actually proposed on 12-22-05. The only bad thing about the entire evening was I that I was so sick and I was outside for 25 minutes in 30 degree weather. I had a bad head cold. Anyhow here is how I did it. I got done work at 4:00 she got done at 5 but she has an hour drive home so I planned on her getting home by 6. When she got close I told her I was going to the store but I really parked my car around the corner and walked up to the house just after she got home. I gave her specific instructions on what to do, don''t look here, just go sit down in my chair and open an early Christmas present. (That really through her off).I bought a book that has a little box for a picture in the front so I got a picture of her and I and put it in the slot and I wrapped it like a Christmas present i bought 15 roses 11 of which were in a vase right by the front door so when she came in she would see them. The other 3 roses I took the rose pedals off and scattered them all over the house with candles everywhere. . In the book there were cards that we gave each other, everything that we have been through. movie tickets, pictures and all with captions stating something about them. On one of the last pages I wrote her a letter telling her how I felt, etc, etc. I then told her that the flower place only gave me 11 Roses...towards the end I told her that I was joking and they really gave me 12 but her job was to find the 12th rose. Her first clue was a picture of our Christmas tree. On the tree she found a card and a picture of the bedroom door in which she opened to find a room full of candles and more rose pedals. Than there was one last card and it had a picture of the front door. She opened the door and found me with the 12th rose and she was in tears...She was still kind of confused but than I came in and I wouldn''t take my hands out of my pocket. I than began to tell her how I felt and five minutes later I got down on my knee and proposed and she said YES!!!!. It was the best night of my life! We had Dom Perignon with my parents and her parents who arrived one hour after I proposed. We then went to our favorite restaurant. Pics will be up soon!!!! Thanks to everone who gave me tips and advice over the past few months.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, R. that is such a sweet proposal story! I have tears in my eyes, I''m such a sap! Sorry I wasn''t present to give you advice when you were looking, but I''m glad I got to read your story and think about another happy couple! Congratulations, and my best wishes to you both!
face23.gif
emlove.gif
face16.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is the sweetest proposal story. I am so happy for you. Congratulations and best wishes!!!!
36.gif

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
You are such a sweetie. Your Fiance is a lucky girl.

Please post pics soon!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweet guy
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results