shape
carat
color
clarity

she said yes (in Chicago)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cqdiep

Rough_Rock
Here''s my proposal story. We flew into Chicago on Thursday (9/15/05) night, then drove to Valparaiso, IN, because we were staying with Christine''s aunt (Barb). On Friday morning, we were supposed to have lunch with Barb. However, when we got to Lincoln park, Barb dropped us off, so I had to tell Christine that we were having lunch by ourselves. Then we walked from the conservatory up to the North Pond restaurant. The manager at the restaurant told us we can have any table, thanks to Barb''s request when she made the reservation for me. We picked a table by the windows that over-looked the pond and the rest of Chicago. After we ate, I asked the manager where would be a good place to propose. I told him that I wanted to do it at the Lilly Pool, but he said that there might be a lot of tourists there, so it wouldn''t be private. He recommended that we go up to the hill behind the restaurant where there''s a statue and a bence for us to sit down. So we did this, and Christine got very suspicious, and she probably knew at this point that I was going to propose. When we got to the top of the hill, there was a man there stretching for a jog. I waited for him to leave, but he kept jogging around the hill and starring at us. So I just took her behind the statue and gave her my "I love you" speech. Then I gave her a card to open. The front of the card says "You''re Engaged" and inside the card I wrote "will you marry me?" As she was opening the card, I reached into my pocket and pulled out the ring and got on one knee. She said yes, of course.

cqdiep

Rough_Rock
Here we are, at the North Pond restaurant after we ate.

dcm1.JPG

cqdiep

Rough_Rock
This is the view from our table as we ate.

dcm3.JPG

cqdiep

Rough_Rock
here''s the North Pond restaurant.

dcm4.JPG

cqdiep

Rough_Rock
North Pond restaurant

dcm9.JPG

cqdiep

Rough_Rock
gardens at Lincoln Park

dcm11.JPG

cqdiep

Rough_Rock
After the proposal, Barb picked us up and took us to the Four Seasons hotel for some champagne.

dcm15.JPG

cqdiep

Rough_Rock

dcm18.JPG

cqdiep

Rough_Rock
here we are in the middle of Chicago.

dcm19.JPG

cqdiep

Rough_Rock
here''s Christine and Barb, my accomplice.

dcm20.JPG

cqdiep

Rough_Rock
wonderful Chicago

dcm21.JPG

cqdiep

Rough_Rock
this is the "bean" (Cloud Gate) at Millennium Park.

dcm24.JPG

cqdiep

Rough_Rock
Barb took us to Japanais, a very hip restaurant in Chicago.

dcm35.JPG

cqdiep

Rough_Rock
After cocktails at Japanais, Barb and her huspand (Mike) took us to Zealous, a fancy restaurant in which Barb is good friends with the chef (Mike Taus).

dcm37.JPG

cqdiep

Rough_Rock
After dinner, the chef brought complimentary deserts for all of us.

dcm38.JPG

cqdiep

Rough_Rock
Here we are, thanking the chef for a wonderful dinner and desserts.

dcm40.JPG

cqdiep

Rough_Rock
The next day, Barb took us to the beach of lake Michigan for appitizers and a sunset.

dcm213.JPG

cqdiep

Rough_Rock
After the sunset, we went back to Barb and Mikes house for dinner. Her neighbor is a five star chef who used to have a restaurant in Valpariaso. He made lamb, spinach cream, corn, and other wonderful foods. It was a wonderful and unforgetable weekend. It wouldn''t have been possible without Barb and Mike taking such good care of us.

dcm45.JPG

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I''m glad it all worked out. Hope you enjoyed North Pond, it is by far one of my favorite restaurants. Your pictures are awesome. It looks like she was glowing all weekend. Best of luck on planning for the wedding!

cqdiep

Rough_Rock
here''s the ring

Dscf00031.jpg

cqdiep

Rough_Rock
Thanks msflutter. You replied very quickly, you must be at the forum a lot.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! And congratulations! Can you give us specs on the stone and the setting, please? :)

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! The two of you look like a wonderful couple!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Very Cute!
36.gif

cqdiep

Rough_Rock
Here are the info for the ring:

weight: 1.07 ct
table: 58%
depth: 61.4%
crown angle: 33.5 deg.
pav. angle: 43.7%
HCA score: 2.3

The setting is the new Scott Kay design. It only comes in platinum, but I requested it in the new 19K gold alloy, and they agreed to do it for me. I had to ship the stone off to them to set it also. It was so fun to research diamonds, and PS has been a tremendous resource for me, along with niceice.com.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results