shape
carat
color
clarity

She said, "Sure, why not"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jnt

Rough_Rock
In a nutshell, I broke it out early and asked. She knew I was planning a trip for us, and totally saw it coming. So, I just busted the ring out and asked (after a long conversation of course!) last Tuesday.

We still have not formally announced it...but will soon (for a couple of personal reasons).

In the lighter side of things...some of yall will find this funny. She was at an outing with some of her friends. One of them said something to the effect of, 'gee, its pretty, but its a little yellow, he should have shopped around some he could have bought a bigger stone or maybe a little whiter stone'

Who can guess where I am going with this?

Oh, and the trip to Cape Cod is still on, and she knows nuthin' bout that...

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
heh... I didn't remember, so I looked at your old points. it sounds like yellow is the point!
1.gif

congrats to both of you!

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations.

I'm in a similar situation. We've got a trip planned later this summer and I think she thinks I'm gonna ask then. More than likely I'll receive the ring two or three weeks before then. I don't know if I'll be able to wait to ask her. Maybe I'll just do it early to really surprise her.

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations jnt! That's a cute story too.

For those who were as confused as I was by the references to yellow here is a description of the ring jnt bought:

Originally posted by jnt on 6/24/04:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, will get picts of the ring too soon (gotta brag, I designed it). It's basically a .78 round Fancy Intense Yellow SI1, Depth 60.3, table 65%, light floresence. Natural color per GIA cert.

Set in a very small setting. width of the band calipers to 2.1x around, 5 .01 stones in each side bead set, holding the stone is a basket 4 split-prongs tapering to the center to allow for a wedding band up against it. There are 2 stones in each side of the basket.

The individual making the ring had some specific parameters to deal with as this gal has to wear latex gloves for work, so we don't want it poking through. Excellent job was done-the stone sits very low.

She did not want a large stone. Several stones were viewed up to 2 carets, she has very small hands, I settled on an intensly colored smaller stone.

Things learned-round colored diamonds are tough to find. The store I purchased the stone from had some incredible diamonds in their inventory-blues, pinks, etc. She really wanted a blue diamond...but, hey, that is a house to me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reposted by:

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/23/2004 4:48:22 PM ep6585 wrote:

Congratulations.

I'm in a similar situation. We've got a trip planned later this summer and I think she thinks I'm gonna ask then. More than likely I'll receive the ring two or three weeks before then. I don't know if I'll be able to wait to ask her. Maybe I'll just do it early to really surprise her.----------------

I have a friend who got his ring in the mail a few days ago, and he had an extremely hard time waiting until after she'd had a placement exam the next day to propose. Not a bad idea to surprise her with less waiting than she's expecting, either. (I'm in the wait stage, and I haven't seen the stone, even, so I'm all sorts of impatient.)

about blue diamonds: perhaps in a few years the lab-grown blue diamonds will be reasonably priced. I hear production is just starting to ramp up on them. I'd love a few little ones or an Asscher, but I can't justify the expense!

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
It's gonna be hard to wait if I get it three weeks before our trip.

jnt

Rough_Rock
Ok, not the best picture with my crappy camera, but yall get the idea. She loves it. I will take another with the crown work from the side...

jnt1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results