shape
carat
color
clarity

She guessed the date...need help for Richmond, VA...soon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sinj

Rough_Rock
I suppose it was a fairly obvious choice that I was planning to propose on our 3 year anniversary in early October. She knows the proposal was coming (she helped pick out the setting and such), but I was hoping the when would be a surprise. But recently she took a guess and was dead on. I told her I had thought it was a good time (I was caught off balance and confirmed it), and that I was going to stick with it(least I hope she believes that). But what I really want to do now is propose as soon as the ring is finished (setting was just ordered), when she is least expecting it.

1. I wanted to ask the question at a small Park where we originally dated a whole bunch. The only thing is that the weather here has been rainy, hot, and humid. I still want to do this, weather permitting.

2. Taking her to the park will be the first thing. I think if I ask her before taking her to a fancy dinner and such, she wont have any suspiscion that it is coming. Afterward, we can do dinner and go out somewhere else.

Any good, somewhat fancy restaraunts around Richmond that you know of? The Tobacco Company is a really nice place, but it can be crowded and noisy sometimes. We both love sushi, so I was also thinking of reserving one of those semi-authentic rooms with the low table, cushion to kneel on, sliding doors, etc, and just having a nice dinner there. While a fancier restaraunt might fit the occasion better, we would probably enjoy the sushi experience more...what do you think?

Also, if anyone is familiar with Richmond (I actually live about 30 minutes away from it), are there any good places for a show of some sort, a.k.a. a play, a comedy performance, live music?

Sorry for the randomness of these questions and ideas, but I had thought I would have a couple more months before I had to think of these plans! Thanks for any input!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I would suggest contacting the local tourist board. Lot's of outdoor concerts, events, etc in the Richmond area. Also, the local channel's website have event calendars.

Not a fan of Sushi - but you could do take out from Ukrops to the park. Also, my choice of elegant restaurants would be Lemaire (sp?) in the Jefferson (Sheraton). It's quite an historic old hotel. We've done the enclosed room at the Tob. Co.; but, we had a fairly large group. Personally, I've never found it to be very romantic. Though the nice thing about being in the Slip is being able to walk around afterwards. There is a nice Italian restaurant down there (Grotos - I think) & I've heard the dining at the Berkley is romantic.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Speaking of sushi---I know someone who had the sushi chef spell out "Will you marry me" on a nigiri platter.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results