shape
carat
color
clarity

She found out that i have a ring, what do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Klasniedryg

Rough_Rock
One time as she was browsing through my wallet, she found a JBL jellers credit card inside, with a recite for a dimand engagement ring. so all I can say is that I am busted
8.gif
. She knows that i have the ring, and knows that I will be proposing around christmas time. What should I do to still make it a surprise? And I do still need some ideas, I live near chiacgo it that helps.

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Even though she knows already.... believe me .. it'll still be wonderful..

Just do everything as planned......

goldenringlets

Shiny_Rock
"Browsing" in your wallet?!?!

Is this a good idea? Does she make a habit of it?

Privacy issues aside, she will be surprised, although possibly less so than had she not gone looking.

magna2

Shiny_Rock
It is too bad that the cat is out of the bag. But do not despair since the proposal will still be sweet and welcomed so although she knows it will be soon she won't know exactly when and where.

rodent.gif

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Well, you could be mean and say something like "Now that you've seen the receipt, it's ruined the surprise, so I am going to return that ring". You could talk about how the surprise aspect of it was so important to you and now you that she knows you need to re-choose (or something). Then of course you keep the ring and propose as planned. It's kind of evil, but it will throw her off the scent and keep SOME element of surprise. Plus, it will keep her out of your wallet!

Volred

Rough_Rock
Ya cannot make it a surprise now.

Lying to her would just make matters worse.

I think you should try to make the proposal as sweet as possible. Scrap your current plans, and plan a new day/evening. Make it utterly romantic, and flattering. For your girl, it will be like watching a story unfold, waiting for the moment when the hero proposes to the dame. Anticipation will absolutely kill her.

You can now play out your proposal like a love story, and she will love it. Even though she knows what is coming. Thats why women like to read those romance novels. Women love a good romance rather than a fancy dinner.

My ideas:
- Flowers on bed / in room
- Candles
- Romantic saxaphone music (I think you can find some from London Drugs
- While walking you could tease her by bending down....... to tie your shoe. Ya know lead her on.
- When you do propose be obvious that you will be proposing, (long lovely speeches & stuff, or going over to a drawer and pulling something out.)

zebov

Rough_Rock
I think you can still make it a surprise, in a way. As said above, if you simply do things that are "proposal-esque" throughout the season, when the actual proposal comes she'll just think it's another "one of those times she thinks you're proposing". Have fun with it. Just because she knows doesn't mean it can't still be great! And you get to have some of your own fun too!

Zebov
21.gif

wellman

Rough_Rock
read.gif
I would complacently bring up the factor that you got it for your friend or brother because he could not affort it and that he is planning on proposing. That way everyone is focusing on him asking instead of you.

tee...hee...heee

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results