shape
carat
color
clarity

Sharing my 31st Anniversary Bling

Hipchik

Rough_Rock
Have been picking up lots of info here so wanted to share my "new to me" sparkle. It is preloved and now loved by me.
The center stone is 1.59 cts, H color, VS2 clarity. The 2 side stones are approx .30 and the total ct weight of the setting is 1.17.

_35905.jpg

_35906.jpg

_35908.jpg

_35909.jpg

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your anniversary and what a gorgeous way to celebrate!!! Will you pair it with a band? Or as a standalone? It's seriously stunning!

Hipchik

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I would love some suggestions for a band to go with!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow this is a stunner!!! :love: Absolutely beautiful and oh so blingy, you must be over the moon! Congrats on your 31st and enjoy your new sparkly! :clap:

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
THAT'S GORGEOUS! I love the side view of the setting. Looks HUGE on your hand. Hmmm...bands. Maybe a thin pave band? Something delicate but also sparkly.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a beautiful ring!!! :love: I first came here when looking for a new ring for our 30th! Are the two side diamonds .30 total? I am just trying to get perspective because I have a diamond around the same size that I am thinking of setting in a three stone ring.

Is that ring maybe by Precision Set? If so, I would think that there might be a matching wedding band. I think even if you go with another band, it will need to be of the same height off your finger and a similar width to work with the current ring. You are also going to need to use a spacer ring to protect the beautiful sides of this ring. Example here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251857638294?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&var=550755702020&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! Happy Anniversary too!!

Q

Queenie60

Gorgeous ring :love: Happy anniversary :wavey:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Happy Anniversary!

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Happy Anniversary on your 31st!! Love your new bling! Wishing you many many more happy anniversaries. We were also 31 years this Dec! :appl: :appl:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your anniversary! Your new ring is absolutely exquisite!!! I have a three stone ring with pave on the sides like yours and I don't wear a band with it. I think you would be fine though with a pave band as long as you have a spacer between the rings as Diamondseeker suggested.

Hipchik

Rough_Rock
It does look big in the pics but it's very comfy on my hand. They put sizing beads in to keep it from spinning. It doesn't spin but it still feels too loose on my hand. Should I ask them to make the beads larger or some other solution? I'm sorry but since we bought a preloved item I don't know the specific maker. There was no other markings on the band except the platinum stamp. I will check out the link to th suggested wedding band. Thanks for sharing!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! And what a STUNNING ring! :love:

Hipchik

Rough_Rock
Oops sorry, yes each side stone is about 30 points.

Hipchik

Rough_Rock
Oops sorry, yes each side stone is about 30 points.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! :love: Congratulations on your anniversary and your new ring! :clap:

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your new to you ring is great, but 31 years! That is amazing, congratulations to you and to your husband!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hipchik|1452176948|3972137 said:
It does look big in the pics but it's very comfy on my hand. They put sizing beads in to keep it from spinning. It doesn't spin but it still feels too loose on my hand. Should I ask them to make the beads larger or some other solution? I'm sorry but since we bought a preloved item I don't know the specific maker. There was no other markings on the band except the platinum stamp. I will check out the link to th suggested wedding band. Thanks for sharing!

My advice is to never resize in the winter when fingers are the smallest. Only size in the hottest part of the summer, if needed. I like sizing beads when the size is just a little too big as it doesn't risk any damage to the ring.

You can also try something like this until you see how the ring fits in the summer (you might have to trim them depending on where your sizing beads are located):

http://www.amazon.com/RING-NOODLE-1-Petite-1-Narrow-Adjuster/dp/B00GUTWY5E/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_sims?ie=UTF8

http://www.amazon.com/RinGuard-Ring-Size-Adjuster-Sizes/dp/B00PI0T25Q/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_sims?ie=UTF8

Oh, and that link I gave you just has what we call a spacer band to keep the wedding band from rubbing the sides of the engagement ring and vice-versa.

Hipchik

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for these suggestions. As a matter of fact my hands really fluctuate with a lot of different factors. So these seem like good alternatives. And yes I saw the spacer ring. I was thinking of an eternity or half eternity band (or two ;)) so with the spacer what do I need to look for in terms of height, width and shape? I love the look of some I've seen here with alternating shapes in bezels with milgraining. But not sure if that would work with my ring. I def want a vintage look. What would be a complimentary carat weight?

Bbziggy. Happy 31 to you also.

Hipchik

Rough_Rock
Since you mentioned it DS2006, I would love to know the maker of my ring. I was messing around with this silly Ipad taking some additional pics so will post a few more to show detail if anyone has any thoughts. I looked at the Precision Cut settings and that wasn't it. The last two pics are sideways sorry!!

_35922.jpg

_35923.jpg

_35924.jpg

_35925.jpg

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Man, it is beautiful!!!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hipchik|1452176948|3972137 said:

If this is in response to my comment, I meant your center stone looks larger than the stated size. I was blinded by your gorgeous bling, so I couldn't form full sentences. :lol:

Hipchik

Rough_Rock
IHY138 - thanks for the clarification ;-) and the compliment!!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhhhh your SHANK! Band setting! It's stunning! I have never quite Sen anything like it! Very tasteful! Bravo! :appl: :appl:

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely beautiful :love: Congratulations on celebrating your 31st anniversary!

cloreene

Rough_Rock
That is gorgeous!!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning and happy anniversary!

Hipchik

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all - so nice to share.

bananabrains

Rough_Rock
That ring is just stunning from every angle!!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous ring! Congrats on your 31st :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results