shape
carat
color
clarity

Sharing all of my updates from the last 5 years!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll be sharing all of my updates from the last 5 years of jewelry "curating". So many pieces have come and gone, so many have been transformed. It really is a life long obsession for me!

It started when I was a kid, my Mom was always "into" jewelry. It's a wild story but she knew she would be in federal prison when I was turning 16. She bought two pieces for me before she left, one for my 16th birthday and one for that year's Christmas. I have them both and they will never "go". I almost sold the bracelet once but thankfully stopped myself.

20230521_135142.jpg

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! Can’t wait to see more. I have pieces from my great grandmother, also my great great grandmothers diamond. Eventually I’ll have David reset it. This post reminds me of them. The prison part. My dad too, I can relate

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Can’t wait to see more. I have pieces from my great grandmother, also my great great grandmothers diamond. Eventually I’ll have David reset it. This post reminds me of them. The prison part. My dad too, I can relate

It's such a rough journey when a parent has been through that. Please share your reset ideas whenever you're ready!

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
Well, since you mentioned it. I’d kinda like your thoughts. I’ve been torn about doing a solitaire pendant or having David spice it up with multi color halo. I love me some multi color. My fiancé recently bought me a pendant , I think you saw the post but my first choice, and the one I was really after was this one which sold just before I got to it. No big deal. It wasn’t meant to be for me and I know he can replicate it. My great great grandmothers diamond is a G VS2 early round brilliant. I know he bought it for her later in life as an upgrade. I guess my gg paw use to tell everyone he doesn’t buy cheap jewelry.
I hate to take it out of its setting it cost a couple thousand 10 years ago for the setting and band done by Brian Gavin , but it’s been sitting in my box since then. IMG_0130.jpeg IMG_6937.jpeg

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
Also yes, addiction has gotten the better of my dad and he has not been able to overcome it even in his fifties. I have not seen him since I was 17 ( about to be 34) and refuse to talk to him until he gets his shit together. I’m his only child but I do believe he is a narcissist or something close to it. I know he’s sick but I don’t need that in my life so bye unless you get clean.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, since you mentioned it. I’d kinda like your thoughts. I’ve been torn about doing a solitaire pendant or having David spice it up with multi color halo. I love me some multi color. My fiancé recently bought me a pendant , I think you saw the post but my first choice, and the one I was really after was this one which sold just before I got to it. No big deal. It wasn’t meant to be for me and I know he can replicate it. My great great grandmothers diamond is a G VS2 early round brilliant. I know he bought it for her later in life as an upgrade. I guess my gg paw use to tell everyone he doesn’t buy cheap jewelry.
I hate to take it out of its setting it cost a couple thousand 10 years ago for the setting and band done by Brian Gavin , but it’s been sitting in my box since then. IMG_0130.jpeg IMG_6937.jpeg

The multicolor are AMAZING IMO, one of my favorite things ever. If I were in your position I would pluck the stone and sell the setting and band, use that money to fund your reset of the center. GFY with holding your ground with your parent. We do the same with my DHs parents, his Dad has been sober and rebuilt his life for a few years but his Mom is still a mess so we keep our distance. Hugs to you, it's always hard no matter what.

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
Yes!! It’s the only way to not reward bad behavior. It’s hard and I feel for your situation too because if you guys have kids, they are being robbed of a bond with grandparents. I hope she turns her life around.

I was leaning towards the multi color option but I have no idea on selling a used setting or how would be the best way to go. I thought about asking if the setting could go towards my new piece because I’m sure it’s worth some money.

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
Also, the three stone in your box, would love to know the stats.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, the three stone in your box, would love to know the stats.

For selling used, check out the pre-loved forum here and loupetroop to list. That ring is DBL R5959, the center will be for Hubby to set into a new tension ring, the frenchies on the sides are mine for a future band project.

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
I saw that ring sold, I stalk the website. I felt it might be that one but wasn’t sure. I love the side stones and can’t wait to see outcomes!!

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
I really thought this thread would be a story-timeline of each piece as you updated your stash through time, with so many photos. I'm loving the marla aaron pieces, and that gemstone CvB 2 stone could do with some hand shots and deets!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really thought this thread would be a story-timeline of each piece as you updated your stash through time, with so many photos. I'm loving the marla aaron pieces, and that gemstone CvB 2 stone could do with some hand shots and deets!

It will! I'll try to put one up every other day or so, it takes awhile to go through all of it and I have more than a full time job plus two little kids so it'll be a minute :)

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the next one, what happened to the original Asscher halo ring? At one point I had to have it sized. From a 6.25 down to a 5. One of the melee popped and even though it was repaired it was never "right". I started dreaming of an upgrade at that point so that's where I went. Original is a 1.06ct L VS1 Asscher, upgrade is a 1.70ct P VS1 (I think?) AVC. 

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230522_123005_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230522_123005_Instagram.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 28
  • FB_IMG_1612717220959.jpg
    FB_IMG_1612717220959.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 27

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Asscher was kept in it's halo and set into a necklace. Overtime I collected and reset plenty of other pieces. DBTY was bought preloved here as a bracelet which I had lengthened into a necklace (the stones were originally a mixed cut halo, RBs and carrés). I had princess diamond studs made from my mom's engagement ring, my own diamond studs (three stones each) made from a cluster pendant I had when I was married, a bypass ring with yellow Asscher diamonds , and the first diamond my husband ever bought me, an included little princess cut when I was 16.

Eventually I decided to make "one necklace to rule them all". Everything was combined and I love it completely. This piece is DONE. IMG_20230522_122003.jpg IMG_20230522_122047.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The upgrade ring journey will come tomorrow, poor thing is on setting #3 already! I know this isn't the final setting but I'm planning on keeping her as is for the foreseeable future.

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
You have some great pieces. Kinda tells a story from smaller diamonds to larger ones As we grow in life.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have some great pieces. Kinda tells a story from smaller diamonds to larger ones As we grow in life.

Thank you! I can say one thing I'm happy I did as time went on was to save some of the smaller pieces vs. selling them. I've sold plenty but I've held onto things that were gifted by special people and I'm glad I did.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The upgrade journey: Once I knew the setting was done on my Asscher ring I knew I wanted to upgrade rather than just reset. This AVC popped up at a great price and I snagged it. I wanted a stone that would lean MORE yellow. I truly love the "alphabet" yellows. This was SUPPOSED to be set into a yellow gold temp setting so I could see how it behaved but alas, the setting was done in white gold. It stayed in this only long enough for me to figure out what I actually wanted which was NOT a white gold solitaire. I'm just not a solitaire kind of gal. Screenshot_20230524_170409_Instagram.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I knew I wanted a three stone so I set to work with CVB since I love her overall aesthetic. This is what we came up with. I LOVED it but overtime I wish I had done the entire center in yellow gold and I honestly missed the substance of the halo. I wore this ring with so many band combos over the years and just never found anything I really loved. PXL_20200922_202002079.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just knew I could get my stone into this setting. And I'd have the big ol' ring I craved. There was another failed attempt at an upgrade in between all of this. I went for a bigger stone in a big halo but I just missed the performance of the AVC. So I sold that center but that's a story for another day. Screenshot_20230524_171722_Instagram.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now the big question, what did I do with the OEC that was in the ring that is currently my setting???

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It started with inspo from a ring from Sin City and a remake by Dolly, then we made our own tweaks and changes to suit Mom who prefers more of a "band" feel. IMG_20230524_191343.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results