shape
carat
color
clarity

Share your proposal stories!

hedgehog93

Rough_Rock
I was meant to go away and get engaged in 3 days time. Unfortunately that trip has been postponed for at least 4 months. Another 4 month wait to see the ring too... and another 4 months until I can change my avatar from a waiting Hedgehog!

Please keep me sane and let me live vicariously through your proposal stories!

Last edited:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw I’m sorry to hear that. And 4 months to see the ring?! I feel Ike that’s just salt in the wound!

I actually proposed to him and the proposal came after knowing we were getting married in the summer (long story short his sister had proposed a double wedding and we said yes so I guess technically she proposed to us?). I planned a trip to Chicago under the guise of visiting my best friend and made dinner reservations at a Michelin starred restaurant that my partner has really wanted to go to ever since seeing it on Netflix lol. I had emailed the restaurant before hand, and arranged for a rubix cube to be presented at the end of dinner hidden under a willow branch that “bloomed” in real time with the addition of water. Once he solved the cube, it opened and there was a ring (for him) inside and a D4 dice that said “will you marry me?” since we are both big gamers.

I caught him totally by surprise and got the whole thing on video. It was excellent. The staff was also very intrigued, apparently some were worried what would happen if he couldn’t solve the cube! But given that there are rubix cubes in my shower and bathroom and all over the house, I wasn’t too concerned. Luckily he solved it in just over a minute.

You can probably tell we aren’t a traditional couple lol. I got myself a variety of rings to wear as wedding and engagement rings. It confuses my coworkers to no end. But my partner knows nothing about jewelry, and I have much more fun shopping for myself!

hedgehog93

Rough_Rock
Aw I’m sorry to hear that. And 4 months to see the ring?! I feel Ike that’s just salt in the wound!

I actually proposed to him and the proposal came after knowing we were getting married in the summer (long story short his sister had proposed a double wedding and we said yes so I guess technically she proposed to us?). I planned a trip to Chicago under the guise of visiting my best friend and made dinner reservations at a Michelin starred restaurant that my partner has really wanted to go to ever since seeing it on Netflix lol. I had emailed the restaurant before hand, and arranged for a rubix cube to be presented at the end of dinner hidden under a willow branch that “bloomed” in real time with the addition of water. Once he solved the cube, it opened and there was a ring (for him) inside and a D4 dice that said “will you marry me?” since we are both big gamers.

I caught him totally by surprise and got the whole thing on video. It was excellent. The staff was also very intrigued, apparently some were worried what would happen if he couldn’t solve the cube! But given that there are rubix cubes in my shower and bathroom and all over the house, I wasn’t too concerned. Luckily he solved it in just over a minute.

You can probably tell we aren’t a traditional couple lol. I got myself a variety of rings to wear as wedding and engagement rings. It confuses my coworkers to no end. But my partner knows nothing about jewelry, and I have much more fun shopping for myself!

I love this so much! So wonderful you have the whole thing on video too.

Also I’m 100% getting a rubix cube for the bathroom now as if I’m without any reading material I get stuck reading ingredients and warnings on the back of bottles haha... but rubix cubes in showers??!!

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aw how exciting! 4 months isn't too long, although I imagine it feel like an eternity! Anticipatory congratulations!

And the Rubiks cube story is so thoughtful and inventive.

So my story is not the stuff of fairy tales. I flew in to the UK from Switzerland as we were dating long distance, and we went to lunch. My partner got me day drunk after ordering a bottle of prosecco. We went home, to his room in shared accommodation as he'd just moved to Cambridge for work and didn't have his own place. I took a post prandial nap, commando, and was woken to him waving something half an inch from my eye. Asking me to try it on. I was very confused and only realised after he gazed at me for an eternity with a soppy smile that he thought we were engaged! Yeah, romantic it was not. He thinks he did a fantastic job. It's hilarious to hear how he recounts the event compared to my memory of it.

'I got down on one knee'. No bud, you got down on both knees because the bed was suuuper low to the ground.

'I asked you to marry me.' No, you said 'try this on'. And proceeded to shove the ring onto my right hand index finger.

'And you said yes'. Actually, I just sat in confused silence for a good minute or two. And then broke said silence with 'So, is this a proposal?'

I hate the ring, but love the man who bought it, and that's what counts.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine also wasn't fireworks, but we're pretty low key people & always have been.

We moved into our house in the October & decided to forego Christmas with our families & spend our first one together alone (we only went in our first date in the April). He was up super early on Christmas morning, bumbling around in the kitchen. He appeared at the top of the stairs & shouted me to go & "give him a hand". I assumed he was bringing breakfast up, but when I walked out to the landing he was down on one knee, holding out a ring, champagne & glasses next to him, shaking like a shitting dog :lol: He said the most loveliest of things, which I can't fully remember, whilst I stared, crying, with my hands over my mouth. The ring was a perfect fit.

To say I was shocked would be an understatement. We had talked about being together forever since day 1 & things had moved very quickly from our first date, but getting married was something I imagined to be years away. As it was we married the following Sept, 17 months from our first date & 13 years of marriage later, here will still are, happily bumbling along together with an 11 year old & 9 year old, who are the treasures of our life.

For us, the proposal was perfect & very quiet. We both had busy jobs then, often speaking in front of many people, managing huge teams & being sociable a lot, so our new home became our sanctuary.

Good luck with the wait & I hope he caves in & plans something under lockdown!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My parents proposal story:

My dad proposed to my mom after dating for a few weeks. In the car while they were driving over the Brooklyn Bridge (and no ring) he proposed and their marriage is one of the best I have ever seen. 56 years later still happily married. Hmmm maybe those car proposals are magical...:halo:

And they had only been dating 3 weeks when he proposed and married 6 months from their first date. I guess some people just know faster than others (since it took me 5 years from our first date lol).:cool2:

And because I love photos:
parentswedding.png

parentsinourbackyardsummer2015.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our proposal story:

When my now DH proposed he was not completely confident I would say yes as I had made it clear from the beginning (and we dated 4 years) that I did not want to ever get married. I didn’t think I would like being married and I loathe change and marriage was a scary big change but he hung in there. He mentioned marriage year 2 of our dating and I felt sick to my stomach at the mention of marriage and excused myself went to the bathroom (we were at the River Cafe for Valentine’s Day) and didn’t return for 20 minutes. He didn’t bring it up again till almost 2 years later.

So when he proposed (romantic and private no audience on a snowy afternnoon in the park) he truly didn’t know for sure. And I almost passed out as I didn’t see it coming. And I was not giddy with excitement either. I was nauseous. I really hate change. Lol. It all worked out for the best however and now being together over 20years I can say with 100% clarity in hindsight it was the best thing I ever did. Hands down. Marrying my dh. The love of my life. Cannot believe I was unsure and waited so long.

missyandgregweddingday.jpg.png

and the last week of Feb 2020. Less than 2 month ago yet it feels like a lifetime ago as it was just before we were aware of Covid 19 and a week later we would all be under some sort of quarantine.

missyandgreglincolncenterfeb2020swanlake.png

@hedgehog93 hang in there. I am sorry for all the delays. Wishing you much success and a happy and healthy marriage.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Sometimes you have to fly by the seat of your pants, and I'm so glad you did & took the plunge with Greg :kiss2:

Like your parents, my eldest sister was whirlwind. Her boyfriend proposed after 8 weeks of dating, my fathers permission & ring in hand, and they are still SO extremely happy. They will celebrate their 27th wedding anniversary in May this year & their 3 daughters are amazing. Funny, loving, super intelligent, kind, doting, beautiful & will still climb on their daddy's knee for a cuddle in front of the tv, despite them all being 6 feet tall to his 5' 10. They are like Amazonian Warriors, those girls! Mr T & I always say, if we can raise our girls the same & have that same relationship with them after they've grown up, we will have succeeded.

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@hedgehog93 I know you have a diamond chosen but is the ring a surprise or do you have an inkling of what it will be?

@missy Can I just say that I love how in love you are with your partner. You've never posted about him in any light other than glowing admiration and it always makes me happy to read.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@hedgehog93 I know you have a diamond chosen but is the ring a surprise or do you have an inkling of what it will be?

@missy Can I just say that I love how in love you are with your partner. You've never posted about him in any light other than glowing admiration and it always makes me happy to read.

Thank you ! I am truly lucky to have him in my life. He’s wonderful in every way and he’s my rock. He makes quarantine not only manageable but enjoyable. I couldn’t imagine being quarantined with anyone else without going mad. He’s my lifeline, my anchor and my sweetheart.
Now just praying all of us survive Covid 19. I try not letting myself go to dark places but I would be lying if I said I’m not scared. NYC and NJ are concerning with their high infection rates and death rate too.

Stay safe and be well and thanks for your lovely comments

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
My husband was supposed to propose on our trip to Italy two summers ago. He chickened out right before the trip even though he'd already had the ring for 6 months. He tried to plan something a few months later on a short trip we had planned to southern california, but the ferris wheel he had considered "didnt look that great in person." It was a lot of months of having ideas and no action.

Then he made reservations for us to go on a gondola ride up in wine country for the weekend- he was trying to recreate that Italy feel. Days before, they called and canceled due to winds blowing driftwood into the lake. His backup plan was another gondola ride in the east bay, which (sorry if I'm offending anyone) but the view was terrible, cars, homeless encampments, ambulances, etc (I'm not a city girl even though I've been stuck in the city since forever).

We then went to a lantern festival that evening. I enjoyed that much more than the gondola ride.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is the cautionary tale on PS. Nothing will be as bad as mine, so take comfort in that. No matter how it happens, it doesn't really matter. My husband has been shamed for ?? 37 years over his statement of "Your ring's in the glovebox.".

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is the cautionary tale on PS. Nothing will be as bad as mine, so take comfort in that. No matter how it happens, it doesn't really matter. My husband has been shamed for ?? 37 years over his statement of "Your ring's in the glovebox.".

OMG I am sorry @lyra but I can almost envision this and for some reason it strikes my funny bone...as in tears coming down my face. Not for a bad reason but for the reason he embodies that stereotypical man that cannot express his emotions but obviously loves you because well he proposed and you have wonderful family and are still together all these decades later. So a happy story despite the somewhat questionable proposal. Your poor DH I am sure he has had his fill of grief over the way he proposed.
(((Hugs))) to you @lyra.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

Mine is car related too

I was proposed to 20 yrs ago by the warm enveloping light of an open trunk. We had just finished seeing my father and he decided to ask for my hand during the visit. My pops not only agreed, but gave him my mom's e-ring on the spot and apparently told him with a smile to 'get on with it'(we lost her the year before).
So what does my literal love do? We made it all the way out to the driveway with our bags that night, he opens the trunk, drops all our crap on the ground instead like it's on fire, and turns to me with a grin (he looked crazed by trunk light) Normally very organized, I'm more shocked he just dropped our stuff..."Want to marry me?" I'm blinking and asked, "You sure this is how you want it to go down?" He laughs, "It couldn't wait".

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is car related too

I was proposed to 20 yrs ago by the warm enveloping light of an open trunk. We had just finished seeing my father and he decided to ask for my hand during the visit. My pops not only agreed, but gave him my mom's e-ring on the spot and apparently told him with a smile to 'get on with it'(we lost her the year before).
So what does my literal love do? We made it all the way out to the driveway with our bags that night, he opens the trunk, drops all our crap on the ground instead like it's on fire, and turns to me with a grin (he looked crazed by trunk light) Normally very organized, I'm more shocked he just dropped our stuff..."Want to marry me?" I'm blinking and asked, "You sure this is how you want it to go down?" He laughs, "It couldn't wait".

I love this! I'm all about the spontaneous & not what was expected! And I puffy heart that your dad gave him your mums ring. Care to share a picture?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was meant to go away and get engaged in 3 days time. Unfortunately that trip has been postponed for at least 4 months. Another 4 month wait to see the ring too... and another 4 months until I can change my avatar from a waiting Hedgehog!

Please keep me sane and let me live vicariously through your proposal stories!

awwww does it have to be a formal proposal? could you have a private proposal just the two of you now and do the getaway and celebration later?

we didn't have a proposal or an engagement, we had a vacation planned and i asked my partner what he thought about eloping on vacation, he liked the idea and we went for it. as far as proposals go, unromantic but zero regrets. eloping was awesome. =)

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I actually don't wear it anymore because I damaged the head! It's put away, I'll have to dig up a picture! But it is a groooovy seventies lost wax cast setting that we used to call the 'girl scout ring' because it looks like the logo. When we were really little, my mom was a den leader and for the longest time my sisters and I thought she earned it because she was the BEST GIRL SCOUT EVER.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is car related too

that is so sweet!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I love this! I'm all about the spontaneous & not what was expected! And I puffy heart that your dad gave him your mums ring. Care to share a picture?

It's not a good one, but I'm honestly terrible at pictures :lol: Ignore the band that doesn't go! DSCF5286.JPG

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Perfectly the Best Girl Scout Ever :kiss2: I hope you can get the head fixed at some point & that it's not damaged beyond repair? I love it!

Someday, I most definitely will, and she will groove in the world again. It's very unique and more beautiful than my terrible picture shows. :lol-2:

hedgehog93

Rough_Rock

I chose the diamond and the design of a ring (it’s set on a plain platinum band with no intricate designs) but he wouldn’t let me see the finished ring! I’ve only ever seen the diamond loose in-store. When the ring was completed and I had to go try it on for size, he got my parents to:

a) Cover my eyes
b) Shield my vision
c) Walk me to the counter

While my arm was outstretched and back turned away.

The jeweller probably thinks we’re mental. :lol:

awwww does it have to be a formal proposal? could you have a private proposal just the two of you now and do the getaway and celebration later?

we didn't have a proposal or an engagement, we had a vacation planned and i asked my partner what he thought about eloping on vacation, he liked the idea and we went for it. as far as proposals go, unromantic but zero regrets. eloping was awesome. =)

I think the difficult thing is not being able to celebrate with anyone in-person after. Not being able to see friends etc. it would feel a little bittersweet. This way as well, the proposal will fall on our 5 year anniversary.

Also we’ve got a photographer planned for the day after the proposal and I didn’t lift those weights for nothing hahaha.

PS I don’t think there’s anything unromantic in eloping! I love the spontaneity. I wish I could be spontaneous. Instead I had him make a spreadsheet of the dates of my brow appointments and my cycle to make sure I didn’t have PMS and told him to choose from that one week a month (although I’ve let him choose the month!) :shifty:

Last edited:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My story is surrounded by SO many factors, that I will eliminate, as it becomes extensive. I will do my best to summarize for you!:lol-2:

February, 2016.

Prior to his proposal, DH had gotten approval from my mother, my brother, and my son for my hand.
My father passed away when I was six, and my brother was the closest person in my life to a father.
My son was 16 and we were very close. He and DH had a very special relationship, and they had grown to love each other fairly quickly. It was very important for DH to have my son’s blessing to marry me. My six year old daughter was tickled pink that her parents were getting married. DH is the only father she has ever known.

We went diamond shopping, and found a beautiful stone for a very reasonable price. DH wanted my help in selecting the diamond because he knows nothing about jewelry, diamonds or gem stones.

My mother and DH had a very special relationship, and he wanted her approval not only to marry me, but for her to “sign off” on the ring that he intended to put on my finger. So, she was very instrumental in his decision on what he decided upon, as far as the setting. She got to see the ring before I did.
I had to wait until he proposed. We were not planning on getting married until October, 2020, so a long engagement was in the works.
That was killer!

Fast forward to August 2016.

Mother’s Alzheimer’s disease became more of a prevalent issue, and her cognitive state was declining. We knew it was time to act, and get things moving before she would no longer have the cognitive ability to participate and enjoy our wedding. A long engagement was out of the question, and a 2020 wedding became a 2016 wedding.

Que: Wedding planning.

October 23, 2016

It was a beautiful, sunny, crisp day in our town. We had scheduled an appointment to meet with a real estate agent at a cabin in the mountains, that day. DH told me to throw on something comfortable and warm as it was breezy and there was a slight chill in the air. “Nothing fancy. Don’t bother with hair or make up. Just throw on something comfortable, and we’re leaving.”

We drove out about 45 minutes to an hour away from our home into the mountains to go look at cabins.
We arrived a bit early, so we decided to drive down the road to the State Park. Little did I know this was his plan, all along. ;)2

At the State Park is a large lake. There is a bridge that crosses over the lake.
We walked across the bridge, and stood for a very long time, discussing our plans for the future.
At some point in the conversation, there was a very long pause that made me extremely nervous.
He started to break down in tears, which terrified me.
All I could think was, “Oh, GOD! Is he breaking up with me?? Why is he CRYING?? We’ve been together over 3 years, and we have SIX KIDS involved in this love story!! WHAT’S GOING ON??“ :eek-2:

After what felt like an eternity, he got down on one knee, pulled a ring box out of his pocket, opened the box, and in a very soft, trembling voice, (trying to choke back tears), I heard him whisper, “Will you marry me?”
I was speechless. I had no idea what was coming. I looked like a homeless person, and the love of my life just proposed on a bridge, crossing a beautiful lake...lmao!! :lol-2:

I closed the box, took it in my hand, hugged him and told him that I would be very proud to be his wife. THIS was the man with whom I wanted to spend the rest of my life. THIS was my forever, and my future.
All the while, we were in our embrace, and the only thing I could hear him say was, “Please don’t drop it, please don’t drop it, please don’t drop it.” lol!

When he put the ring on my finger, I melted.

A couple walked near us, and DH asked them to take a picture of us on the bridge to capture that moment in time.
B46E7FFE-5C04-4881-9A89-BBCE8F69CEF0.jpeg

I remember wishing he had let me wear something nicer, or given me time to do more with myself, but I wouldn’t trade that moment for anything in the world.
It was one of the most beautiful moments of my life. One I relive, every time we go back to that park, walk along that bridge, stand together, listening to the water, feeling the sunshine on our faces, talking about our future, together.
D2D48DED-1335-4884-A53B-3866FABBCFBB.jpeg 8870FDB0-D0F9-4A5C-B34F-360811F4E0F6.jpeg

*Side Note:
We passed on the cabin. We are still looking for the right place to retire, but now, we have each other...forever. No matter where life takes us.

@hedgehog93,
I know 4 months seems like a lifetime away. Believe me when I tell you, it’s all worth the wait. You will appreciate him, the ring, and life even more, when it comes time for the proposal.
Big virtual hugs!!! ♥️

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think mine is similar to a lot of other stories in this thread. The proposal was a complete flop but looking back in retrospect the getting married had less to do with the proposal, and more to do with a lot or small active choices made over a long period of time.

We had dated for quite a while. I forget how long. The first 3-4 years we had been long distance and I had worked really hard to close the gap -- not so easy as I needed to get a job in Singapore to close it, something which was quite difficult to do. I ended up in a job that I was not really trained for (I had the wrong type of PhD, so I was being asked to do stuff that required 4+ years specialist training which I did not have. People would ask me to do something and I'd memorize the words so I could go look them up later to work out what they were asking for -- the task usually also turned out to be highly nontrivial). I was super stressed out by this. Although I have to admit it was also exciting/exhilarating. In the middle of it my husband got offered a good opportunity in beijing and wanted to be able to take it up. I was not happy, but it was over a year before he had to go so we agreed (a) we would get engaged before he left (b) we would work out how we could both split time between beijing and singapore.

In the month before he left we went to Oxford/Palermo/Eriche/Rome. It was beautiful and he bought a ring along with him (something I was oblivious about until Heathrow insisted on showing it to me at security screaning). But somehow my expectations over the thing, and some work issues that arose at that time meant the ring basically got left in the suitcase. When we got back things were super busy with the shift but in the last day he tried to take me to a lake. He had bad allergies and we ended up in bed at home, where he gave me the ring in a bit of a defeated fashion. It was non resizable and didnt fit any of my fingers so ultimately that got me interested in PS. So even this had a total silver lining!

That was more than 7 years ago and I feel if anything I know him and myself better with time. This year is out 5th wedding aniversary (we usually forget them so I need to mark this one in a calendar somewhere). And I'd make the same decisions a second time over if I was given the chance. But it wasnt one thing that got us there. The proposal actually was a bit of an addendum to the story.

hedgehog93

Rough_Rock
My story is surrounded by SO many factors, that I will eliminate, as it becomes extensive. I will do my best to summarize for you!:lol-2:

February, 2016.

Prior to his proposal, DH had gotten approval from my mother, my brother, and my son for my hand.
My father passed away when I was six, and my brother was the closest person in my life to a father.
My son was 16 and we were very close. He and DH had a very special relationship, and they had grown to love each other fairly quickly. It was very important for DH to have my son’s blessing to marry me. My six year old daughter was tickled pink that her parents were getting married. DH is the only father she has ever known.

We went diamond shopping, and found a beautiful stone for a very reasonable price. DH wanted my help in selecting the diamond because he knows nothing about jewelry, diamonds or gem stones.

My mother and DH had a very special relationship, and he wanted her approval not only to marry me, but for her to “sign off” on the ring that he intended to put on my finger. So, she was very instrumental in his decision on what he decided upon, as far as the setting. She got to see the ring before I did.
I had to wait until he proposed. We were not planning on getting married until October, 2020, so a long engagement was in the works.
That was killer!

Fast forward to August 2016.

Mother’s Alzheimer’s disease became more of a prevalent issue, and her cognitive state was declining. We knew it was time to act, and get things moving before she would no longer have the cognitive ability to participate and enjoy our wedding. A long engagement was out of the question, and a 2020 wedding became a 2016 wedding.

Que: Wedding planning.

October 23, 2016

It was a beautiful, sunny, crisp day in our town. We had scheduled an appointment to meet with a real estate agent at a cabin in the mountains, that day. DH told me to throw on something comfortable and warm as it was breezy and there was a slight chill in the air. “Nothing fancy. Don’t bother with hair or make up. Just throw on something comfortable, and we’re leaving.”

We drove out about 45 minutes to an hour away from our home into the mountains to go look at cabins.
We arrived a bit early, so we decided to drive down the road to the State Park. Little did I know this was his plan, all along. ;)2

At the State Park is a large lake. There is a bridge that crosses over the lake.
We walked across the bridge, and stood for a very long time, discussing our plans for the future.
At some point in the conversation, there was a very long pause that made me extremely nervous.
He started to break down in tears, which terrified me.
All I could think was, “Oh, GOD! Is he breaking up with me?? Why is he CRYING?? We’ve been together over 3 years, and we have SIX KIDS involved in this love story!! WHAT’S GOING ON??“ :eek-2:

After what felt like an eternity, he got down on one knee, pulled a ring box out of his pocket, opened the box, and in a very soft, trembling voice, (trying to choke back tears), I heard him whisper, “Will you marry me?”
I was speechless. I had no idea what was coming. I looked like a homeless person, and the love of my life just proposed on a bridge, crossing a beautiful lake...lmao!! :lol-2:

I closed the box, took it in my hand, hugged him and told him that I would be very proud to be his wife. THIS was the man with whom I wanted to spend the rest of my life. THIS was my forever, and my future.
All the while, we were in our embrace, and the only thing I could hear him say was, “Please don’t drop it, please don’t drop it, please don’t drop it.” lol!

When he put the ring on my finger, I melted.

A couple walked near us, and DH asked them to take a picture of us on the bridge to capture that moment in time.
B46E7FFE-5C04-4881-9A89-BBCE8F69CEF0.jpeg

I remember wishing he had let me wear something nicer, or given me time to do more with myself, but I wouldn’t trade that moment for anything in the world.
It was one of the most beautiful moments of my life. One I relive, every time we go back to that park, walk along that bridge, stand together, listening to the water, feeling the sunshine on our faces, talking about our future, together.
D2D48DED-1335-4884-A53B-3866FABBCFBB.jpeg 8870FDB0-D0F9-4A5C-B34F-360811F4E0F6.jpeg

*Side Note:
We passed on the cabin. We are still looking for the right place to retire, but now, we have each other...forever. No matter where life takes us.

@hedgehog93,
I know 4 months seems like a lifetime away. Believe me when I tell you, it’s all worth the wait. You will appreciate him, the ring, and life even more, when it comes time for the proposal.
Big virtual hugs!!! ♥

I LOVE your ring. The downside of PS is I have some minor diamond regret. Some really beautiful step and emerald cuts!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story :). I think it’s wonderful that you were natural and able to share it with your mother!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE your ring. The downside of PS is I have some minor diamond regret. Some really beautiful step and emerald cuts!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story :). I think it’s wonderful that you were natural and able to share it with your mother!

Thank you!
I’m sorry you have minor diamond regret.:(2
By chance, does your vendor have a good upgrade policy? If so, you may want to upgrade that diamond, sometime in the future.
There are many, here, who have/are. I’m a sentimental sap, so a trade-in for an upgrade isn’t in my future. That’s not to say I won’t acquire something larger, and move this ER to my RH...lol!
Not anticipating that for quite some time, down the road, if ever.
I do hope that you’re finding distraction during your difficult wait. Having something so special & exciting to look forward to should make this time in quarantine a little easier to bear. I can’t wait for you to share your story! ♥

ETA: I am grateful to have shared our engagement, and our wedding with my mother. Had we not acted sooner, and moved our plans forward, 2020 would have come too late. Sadly, my mother passed away 12/2019. Everything happens for a reason. Our long engagement turned into a whirlwind affair, and in a total of 8 weeks, we pulled everything together for Nov., 2016. Not only was my mother at my wedding, but she participated in the ceremony. I have no regrets in switching gears. Life is just too short.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results