shape
carat
color
clarity

shank: go plain or keep as is?

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am having second thoughts on my ering now..I find my current setting nice...alone. But along with my channel princess eternity band that is only 2mm wide...it seems too matchy matchy and it's bugging me.

I am looking at the Ritani enless typle setting with open gallery, plain shank...love the plain sleep look and wondering if that is a much better setting given my short hand and me finding the total look of the set too matchy blingy? Plus, I have short hands? However, is the Ritani endless setting look passé?? I see people talking about it in the forums dating back to 2004....but I still love the simple plain look of the plain shank and just ahve the bezeled halo look stand out...paired with an eternity...it might not look too busy you know?

What do ya'll think?? (Hubby is going to kill me!)

_697.png

_34980.jpg

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am actually considering getting the thinnest Cartier trinity to offset the blinginess. On "no ering days" I can wear the trinity with other rings as well...maybe that might be my solution? I tried to wear my thicker trinity (at around 2mm) with my ering but the overal look was just too chunky on my short fingers....need something daintier...

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't change a thing

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I didn't check but I remember you did your reset with Quest right? You can ask Pete to laser the halo and diamond away from diamond shank and ask him to just add a plain shank ala Ritani style. I know he can do that open gallery style as he did it once for a PSer Imurdeen/Imurden/Imudern.

ETA: I love your current ring but I get the wanting a non matchy look. I used to prefer the matchy look but then realised a plain shank makes the center stone pop more and a plain shank is good for stacking with any shape diamond band or even any style non diamond bands. But you don't need a plain shank for your oval to pop as your oval is large enough to stand out even with the diamond shank.

If you're getting a trinity ring, then there's no need to change the setting since it will be non matchy.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you serious Fi Z? That would be a major downgrade in my opinion! Your setting/ring is gorgeous and I would not change
a thing. Why not get a non-matchy wedding band to go with it if you are not happy with matchy? Wear your princess wedding
band on your right hand and get a new wedding band for your left, OR just wear your engagement ring by itself. I think it has
enough presence.

You can look around on etsy for some fake, non-matchy designs that you might like to try out.

DO NOT CHANGE YOUR ERING SETTING :hand: !!! (in case I wasnt clear :shifty: )

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ering is so gorgeous Fi Z, it's one of my favorites on PS, I wouldn't change it. You could just get a non-matching band to wear with it, or wear it by itself.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is lovely but the band does detract from the halo. A plain band/shank will make the oval and halo really pop. If you could have your current band made into an eternity band then that would nicely complement one another.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well you know how I feel. I love that look and I love it with an eternity band .

This happened to me where I looove a really ornate ring, but they just sent me. I don't like them on my hand. I like larger diamonds vs melee and I prefer plain gold to a lot of details.

No I do t think it's passe. I always love that setting.

We can all rave about how pretty your ring is now but if its not you, what's the point?

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
Your e-ring is beautiful! :love: I vote for keeping it as it is, and bringing down the bling factor in the wedding band. I am not a fan of matchy-matchy for myself either. When I had a solitaire with a pave band (I have a plain solitaire now), I did not love wearing it with my diamond wedding band on a daily basis (and it didn't even match perfectly). My style is more on the casual side, so the look was too blingy for daily wear. I think your ring would look lovely with the thin Cartier trinity, and also would look lovely with a plain plat (or WG?) band to bring down the bling. Btw e-weddingbands.com is great and I have multiple high quality bands from them.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
keep as is!!! get more/different bands.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Niel.

I love your current setting. It is one of my favorites! However, if it is not working for you any longer and you want to change it, then do so.

I also love the Ritani setting that you posted and I do not think it is passé. With that being said, have you tried the setting on with your princess band? I would definitely go to a Ritani dealer and try the ring on with the band and take a few pics, then I would think about it for a bit before making the change.

My previous e-ring setting had diamonds on the shank and it was lovely, however I wanted something simpler. Most people looked at me like I was nuts when I told them that I was thinking of resetting my stone into a plain setting, but I love it and that is what matters.

All the best with your decision!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
PLEEEEASE don't change a thing!! Your e-ring is GORGEOUS!! :pray: :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fi.z, I must admit, though you don't frequent much anymore ive always loved your contributions to this forum

Because of this I remember your threads. I remember you added a halo because the setting wasn't quite right. Now you still think it's not quite right.

I just don't want you to be swayed by other peoples opinion on your current set. They don't look at it all the time. You do.

And as much as its lovely and its one of this boards best sets other "PS favs" have been dismantled and turned into new "PS favs" so don't make your decision that way.

If you're restless about it still, that's not nothing.

I mention it only because I've been where you are. I post and people say "no no don't do that because I love it!"and you get to thinking " well then I should love it too, its so beloved". At least I know I did.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nooooooo! Don't change the e-ring!!! It is gorgeous!!!! Maybe you need alternate bands...I'd have to see a close up of the current band to give an opinion on that. But I think the Ritani is nowhere near close to being as pretty as the ring you have. Whoever said downgrade, I agree!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I just wondered whether you have tried on some plain wedding bands with your oval. The whole package of your oval in setting is seriously gorgeous and part of the shank of it is already plain. Perhaps you do need some plain in your set but perhaps that plain does not need to come from the e-ring.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Please keep it the same, it is so beautiful!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Niel|1445569416|3941240 said:
Fi.z, I must admit, though you don't frequent much anymore ive always loved your contributions to this forum

Because of this I remember your threads. I remember you added a halo because the setting wasn't quite right. Now you still think it's not quite right.

I just don't want you to be swayed by other peoples opinion on your current set. They don't look at it all the time. You do.

And as much as its lovely and its one of this boards best sets other "PS favs" have been dismantled and turned into new "PS favs" so don't make your decision that way.

If you're restless about it still, that's not nothing.

I mention it only because I've been where you are. I post and people say "no no don't do that because I love it!"and you get to thinking " well then I should love it too, its so beloved". At least I know I did.

Niel, I am feeling loved! I really appreciate your thoughts and sharing with me your side/experience; it really does help. I remember you going through changes as well so I really apprecaite your honesty in the big picture :wavey: !!! Are you at a point where you feel happy with what you have with your gorgeous 5 stone? You worked so hard with it and it is beautiful! I think having such quality sparkling stones help! ;-) I must admit I haven't actively been contributing to the forum although I have been lurking. It's like FB...I lurk and "like" posts but don't post much myself. Maybe it has something to do with me not haveing the convenience of a smart phone! haha! (I am old school in that way and refuse to jump on the bandwagon until I HAVE to) :lol:

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the compliments everyone! I actually agree that I think my setting is great...not long ago..even a few weeks ago..I was looking at it and feeling how lucky I was to have it.

I have been wearing my ering alone, without my eternity band and I am liking the look of it alone much much more. This makes me think that maybe paried with a diamond eternity is just too much bling and my oval just gets lost in all that bling you know?

However, I really want to be wearing a band so maybe the Trinity might be the way to go. DH would be much more willing to consider the Trinity rather than giving me the blessing to make a 3rd change to my ering....I think he's go nuts and he would also say "you are never going to be satisfied..you keep changing your mind..when is it ever going to stop?!!" and I do think partly that maybe I am the type of person that, if $$$ was not at all an issue, I would have multiple erings to change arond depending on mood.

But, $$$ iS an issue and I just want to keep what DH supports and helped fund so...since he asked me what I wanted for Xmas last week, I am just going to have to say the Trinity! LOL!! (and forego the Tiffany T bracelet and completing my tattoo....things I had on my wishlist! LOL)

Oh, I also want to avoid wearing the ering alone mostly because my clients are going to be asking me if I am married all the time if I don't wear a band :roll:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also second what Niel has said.

You have to love it, so do what pleases you & keep going until you get there. My pear has had 3 incarnations & I am finally at peace with it. The first setting was plain, low profile & skinny. I had it re-set higher with channel set rounds down the shoulders. I didn't love it with my plain wedding band & full eternity. It just looked.... Err..... Crap?! Anyway, the pear was trying to tell me this too, as it promptly jumped ship 8 weeks later. Thankfully I found it in the back of my car next to my daughters car seat. The jeweller then butchered it whilst replacing a claw & setting the pear back in it. Eventually I saved & saved to enable my fantastic & exquisite local jeweller make a custom plain setting. The band mirrors my wedding band but is a teeny bit narrower, and this pleases my eye. I wear it either just with my plain wedding ring, or with the eternity in the mix somewhere. It's been 2 years since incarnation number 3 & I know that this is the forever home.

Good luck & follow your heart!

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I agree with everyone that has said that your ring is stunning. But your opinion is the one that matters most. And if you aren't settled with it, then that says something. I bet a plain band would look amazing next. To it! And I think I would explore the options of different bands before changing the setting.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a lot of money (or maybe not...). Give yourself some more time before you make any changes. Our tastes and opinions change over time too...

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1446011039|3942891 said:
It's a lot of money (or maybe not...). Give yourself some more time before you make any changes. Our tastes and opinions change over time too...
If she's been thinking for a few years, isn't that enough time?

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had a tiff with DH over the trinity.... so...we will see. long story but anyhow...I am going that route first before changing the setting again. Honestly, I love the ring on its own so it is probably not the setting itself but more what it is matched with.

I am kind of sentimental and a romantic so that is why I suggested the trinity to DH (when he asked what i wanted for xmas)... then he made a comment about the price which set me off (again, long story)... anyhow...he kinda feels bad about it...so we will see.

But yeah, proably just have a problem visually with the matchy matchy thing...and also the high maintence of wearing diamonds all the time and having to wash my hands like 20 times a day at work and at home.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Do you mean the thinnest trinity that (I think) they don't sell online anymore? If so, I have that one and I would advise you, if you haven't seen it in person, to definitely try it on before you buy. The bands are super thin and the colors sort of blend into each other. It loses its distinct three colors, at least in my opinion. That may not bother you, though, but it bothers me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results