shape
carat
color
clarity

Shabby Chic files Chapter 11

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes ... this feels dire ... their stuff was in every Target ... opened ten stores in the last few years ... been in biz 20 ... many CA homes still this "style" ... I''m kind of shocked.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow deco, that is sad. I hope they can restructure and pull through.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Nooooo!!!
7.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The picture of their storefront is from a very nice, exclusive street for shopping in a very affluent area. Actually, I had dinner near there three weeks ago, saw the store, and I thought, "People still do the shabby chic thing?" Really, not surprised a company like "Shabby Chic" would not do well in this economy...

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I guess now they''re just shabby.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 10:55:13 PM
Author: JulieN
The picture of their storefront is from a very nice, exclusive street for shopping in a very affluent area. Actually, I had dinner near there three weeks ago, saw the store, and I thought, ''People still do the shabby chic thing?'' Really, not surprised a company like ''Shabby Chic'' would not do well in this economy...
Ditto, that style went out at least 8 or 9 years ago. I live in LA.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Too much growth too fast? Chapter 11 may not mean the end of SC though . . . they could restructure, retool, and, for heaven''s sake, rethink their products and market. The Shabby Chic look has become A LOOK that we all recognize, but was that a good thing? People can knock it off pretty easily without spending quite the same price. Time to embrace some new design ideas maybe. The Victorian cottage stuff is looking a bit tired, which probably accounts for the slump in sales.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results