shape
carat
color
clarity

SF Bay Area jewelry stores?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Bay Area sparkly-hunters, I know you are out there! Where do you go for an in-person eye candy fix? What are your favorite jewelry stores? I live in SF, but spend a lot of time on the Peninsula too and would love your recommendations
1.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
My two favorites are Joe Escobars, in Campbell, and New and Old on Union St in SF. Completely different shops, but both have very nice things.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ditto Joe E. They have great ring selections. I also like Willow Glen Jewelers which I think now is renamed to something like Willow Estate Jewelers or something.

I've heard Toppers in Burlingame is a great place to go too.

bling

Shiny_Rock
yup..joe e is good..derco in santana row..and in sf..the giftcenter is always a great place to get your bauble fix.. not that everything in there is the highest quality..but there is alot!
carmel has tons and tons of very nice jewelry stores as well! good luck!
36.gif

allicat

Rough_Rock
I personally recommend Derco in either the SF Giftcenter or Santana Row in San Jose. I have used them for many years and they usually deliver. There have been some postings about Derco in the past - some good, some bad. I can only speak for my experiences and they are all good.
Just do your homework first - I was very firm with what I was looking for and Derco has helped me immensely!

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/16/2004 12:50:38 PM
Author: bling
yup..joe e is good..derco in santana row..and in sf..the giftcenter is always a great place to get your bauble fix.. not that everything in there is the highest quality..but there is alot!

carmel has tons and tons of very nice jewelry stores as well! good luck!
36.gif

What do you recommend in Carmel? My parents live there and I will be visiting over Christmas
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fortuane Jewelers in Carmel is my FAVORITE. It''s an estate jewelry store and they carry both real estate items and also newish replicas...their buyers travel all over the world looking for pieces apparently. I love their items and it''s so much fun to try all of the big old rocks on in their circa 1900 settings. The staff is pretty nice as well.
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
On the Peninsula? I''ve never been here, but a Pricescope person said they make really neat rings and carry unusual stones---such as Jubilees!
http://www.geoffreysdiamonds.com/

Elsewhere in the Bay Area, my 2nd favorite for antique and antique-y eye candy is in Berkeley, a few doors down from Chez Panisse: M. Lowe & Co Fine Jewelry.

Oh, and a quick plug for us East Bayers who want to catch a glimpse of that elusive Eightstar and some nice jewelry: Golden Oak on 4th Street. www.goldenoakjewelers.com

pastrami

Rough_Rock
Seems like the 2 most popular places in the bay area is joe escobar and derco ... any bad reviews on either one of these places?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results