shape
carat
color
clarity

Sex Offenders

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I can''t take it anymore. It seems like everytime I turn on the news there is another innocent little girl kidnapped and murdered by one of these deviants. Now it''s this little girl in CA and before that Haleigh in Fla. I remember years ago hearing someone, possibly Oprah, suggesting we put all these guys on a desert island. The sex offender lists are unfortunately littered with people I''m not concerned with, ie these kids "sexting" each other. But we have to do something about pedophiles. Any thoughts?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
You don''t want to know what I''d like to do to them.

They ruin lives.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Yes, they do. I don''t know how any parent in this situation ever stops the movie in their head about how scared their
little girl was before she died. And it just seems like it happens every week. And I''m tired of giving these guys a "second chance". To do it again?

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I think that it would be benefical if we put a serious, serious spotlight on these perverts. Perhaps if the offender meets a certian criteria (so as not to isolate the sexters) we could make the run.

Like, identifying license plates no one could miss -- think along the lines of the police place, just highlight their perversion...large billboard like signs in their front yards warning people to keep away.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I have to tell you,I''m all for it. Years ago, as a young Family Court referee, one of my first cases was a guy who just got out after 2 years in jail for raping his 2 year old.(actual penetration) The mom seemed mentally disabled to me and she continued to allow him access to the child. She did only 1 year in jail. . And the child was returned to her. He actually said to me "I told her I need sex 2x each day. So if she goes shopping who''s fault is it?" I kind of blanked out and I guess I was going over my big metal desk when one of our the deputies grabbed me. We have to admit that we can''t fix these people. The little girl begged the custody investigator to take her home with her.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I think they would get around almost everything we do. I tend to think that we should take a very hard line with criminals. The main concern is that we would probably be violating all of their civil liberties. Registered sex offender lists should exist in every state, and be made public (to start). Tougher sentences, 3 strikes and you go away and we throw away the key....

I also think we should have a DNA database of every man, woman and child born in North America. The main concern would be insurance companies getting their hands on the info and insuring/not insuring you, or the right to keep your health problems confidential. So maybe only a numbered system which can only be compared to names if there is a positive match in a crime. I believe quite strongly that DNA registration would cut down on a lot of the crimes and be a major deterrent. If only they could find a way to do this and preserve the privacy of individuals.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/7/2009 10:47:53 PM
Author: elledizzy5
You don''t want to know what I''d like to do to them.

They ruin lives.
Ditto. They shouldn''t be kept alive.

lulu: That story made me REALLY upset. UGH, seriously, why do some people have children?!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
My friend had to register as a sex offender - after he got drunk and "P"d in public (college town the bars were right next to the police station). Never touched anyone. It makes me wonder how his crime has anything to do w/ other perverts... and also how many others might be in his situation.

Now, the people the hurt children are MONSTERS. I don''t even know what to say about that... but it does make me so scared that I''ve considered NEVER having children.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
For every sex offenders registered, there are a bunch that is not registered and not exposed, unfortunately.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Sex offender lists are so over-inclusive and under-inclusive (as are so many things in the law). I recently had a mentally challenged client who has to register because he took off his clothes in public as an 11-year-old. His mental age at the time was probably about 5. He honestly still has a hard time understanding the consequences of his actions, and he is obviously mentally disabled and lacking proper care and treatment. It is very sad. On the other hand, for every case like that, there are more real predators out there that will never be caught or have to register as sex offenders, and that is even sadder.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
It really depends on your state, I think. When DH and I were looking to buy a home, we looked at the offender list because we wanted to know about our neighborhood and who lived nearby. One thing that I found interesting was that in our state, you can see the severity of the crime/charges, date it occurred, and age of the criminal (so for example, you can pretty much tell when it''s statutory rape vs a crime with small children). I''m not really sure there are appropriate words to describe looking at the list and reading the crimes - creepy isn''t the right word, and neither is sad...it was awful to see how many of these criminals live in our city, and I also had to wonder how many people don''t register/how many parents don''t check.

But I agree with other posters - I personally believe that few people can be reintroduced/rehabilitated and shouldn''t be allowed to attack children again, as so many often are. But the law also has to be clear and not include things like public urination etc.

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
The sex offenders, especially the pedophiles should have their P**** and b***s removed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results