shape
carat
color
clarity

Sex In The City "Diamond" Necklace

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
errr...on this point I have to differ w/you Mara, Misha is *definitely* not effeminate.

I was involved w the dance world for some 20 years, and I know people who have been his lovers, some for as long as 10 years, and they happened to be all female.

BTW, isn't SJP's hubby on the short side as well, or is it just that he appears slight? I'm not being disparaging here, I honestly don't know.

I do, btw, have some great photos of Misha taken by a woman who was his lover, who won an Emmy for a special she did on the Leningrad Ballet (now St. Petersburg ballet company).

win

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hee hee we will have to agree to disagree. I find him mildly attractive, and all that Russian mystery and soft-spokenness...NOT interesting to me!! Nor am I impressed that he's had lots of lovers, you can be effeminate and still be straight.

SJP's hubby is definitely not a hulk, but I don't know...MB just reminds me of a girl. Like he couldn't protect a woman if it came down to it. He'd bat at the bad guys with his ballet shoes.
11.gif

jackieblue

Rough_Rock
It is rumoured at my workplace today that some sort of movie based on the series is in the works. Can you imagine the fashions in a full-scale movie? I am drooling on my keyboard just thinking about it...

It would be so neat if the movie had a Carrie/Big wedding, as then we could also drool over jewelry, floers, gowns, etc.!
lickout.gif

jaye

Rough_Rock
Hi All,
I too just now saw the video feed from this morning's Today show on my husband's computer. BTW, price tag with the real diamonds......fifty five thousand dollars. I don't see it either.
tongue.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Poor Misha...Mara, you're right, Win, you're right! (different strokes for different folks)

Me personally, Misha doesn't "do it" for me, and I have to say appearance-wise Mr. Big would. Only thing is, I like a guy with class, culture, intelligence, maturity and Misha has that where Mr. Big doesn't so much....The kind of guy that could appreciate the finer things, but is not such a pansy (ballet has nothing to do with it.)

I knew of some VERY attractive and manly ballet dancers from Romania that I have to admit had quite a sex appeal going when not in their slippers...
9.gif
This pansy ballet dancer theory is much more rampant in the US, in E. Europe and Russian it's a classic art...

So if you could get the style, smoothness of Misha and the manliness and rougue attitude of Mr. Big you have....Pierce Brosnan?
naughty.gif
love.gif
9.gif
Carrie couldn't BE so lucky...but it's a thought....
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The funny thing is that I could relate to what the girls were saying about Carrie being different around MB. Myself and my friends have the same kind of sense of humor that Carrie and her pals do, so to have someone around like MB who didn't get the joke, or think it was funny...or would even just loosen up a bit would be a serious DRAG. So someone who could appreciate a good joke, but also appreciate the finer things as Nic noted, would be the ideal. Oh wait...I have that in my fiance!
1.gif
hee hee. Though sometimes a few of my friends are a little over the top...I get a good laugh then because Greg turns pink and looks embarassed!
rolleyes.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Yup! I guess that's why I love my guy too! I knew a week into dating he was "the guy"...Isn't that great how they are wonderful and get embarassed or just don't believe you? Mine says, "yeah right..." and blushes. By the way, my boy knows my friends and I are just plain stupid together, and now he just spurs us on...!
9.gif
What a cutie!

But we let the other have that one person they can still oooh over. He's got Angelina, I've got Pierce! But we both probably wouldn't really care much if we met them anyway! LOL

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
I think one of the things w/Misha is just part of the Russian nature. I have a lot of good Russian male friends, (waves hi to Vlad and Leonid (another Leonid, though I count *our* leonid a friend as well!)...they are by nature serious...and can be somewhat bewildered by the American quirky sense of humor.

Vlad for example, is one of the most gallant gentlemen I know, bringing flowers to every lady of his aquaintance on mmm...oh dear, I forget the holiday, but it's got something to do with honoring womanhood...(leonid, help?)

win

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
No matter what he plays, Baryshnikov will always be dreamy to me. I love serious guys. So many American guys are goofy boys so brooding, suave Europeans really bring out the woman in me. Those are real MEN.

Granted, I ended up marrying a rather goofy boy, but TV shows and movies are about fantasy, right?

BTW, it's been definitely confirmed that a big screen movie is being planned.

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
Ok watched the whole blurb on the Today show and like someone else said, SJP didn't like the necklace in crystals, so she called Fred Leighton to make it in Diamonds, $55,000 worth to be exact. There ya go, mystery and pricetag solved
2.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so happy this thread made it here because I was wondering ifthe necklace was white sapphires due to it's lack of brilliance on her neck and in the box. It is a great Carrie piece either way but good info to know.

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
Huh...that's interesting that it really was diamonds. It didn't do anything for me, personally. Would the fact that they are diamond "beads" make it so dull? If so, why would anyone spend that kind of money on something that looks like inexpensive crystal beads?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That life style... can drive one decent soul nuts ! Has anyone worked in London's financial district ? It does take more than coffee though... and does not last. Relatively, the movie IS exaggerated, but only about 25%.

About the beads... Not sure wether this is what you would do with diamonds, but the stuff looks inspiring... See below:

100 Diamond Beads

and 23 rough ones

If some buy D-IFs just to 'know' they have the ultimate stuff no one can tell apart from the average, maybe some related judgement could lead to buying diamond looking like gift shop fare... I guess.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Ana, I have never seen diamond rough as jewelry, but why not? I personally can say I am not a fan of it, but if you have extra cash...no ok, not even then. I like the refractive qualities of the diamond, which is why a cut and polished stone is second to none...But If I got a diamond bead necklace, i would have them all recut for a tiara. That's just me though.
9.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
AnA...

My diamond rough looks more like the 23 rough you showed, than the almost 90 carats of diamond beads.

Though I like diamond briolettes, I don't think I care for diamond beads...why pay for diamond beads when they look so much like crystal?

The rough though, is cool...I'm still debating using them wire wrapped or incorporating them as 'stars' in my Earth Dancing with Mars (pendant or cuff bracelet).

win

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Here's somewhat of a pic and the story on Carrie's necklace...I rather like it.

win

When Carrie Bradshaw broke her Russian lover's heart and the necklace he'd given her in the last-ever episode of “Sex and the City” aired in the United States this week, what millions of viewers didn’t know was that the piece of jewelry was a double.

Parker wearing final
episode necklace double

The real necklace, nine diamond beads on a platinum chain and valued at $55,000, remains intact in his store, said New York jeweler Fred Leighton who made it.

A crystal and silver version was used in the scene in which Carrie, played by Sarah Jessica Parker ends her romance with an artist played by Mikhail Baryshnikov.

The 20-carat diamond piece was designed for the show at Parker's request, said Leighton, whose Fred Leighton Rare Collectible Jewels has supplied other pieces to the series that ended its six-season run on Sunday.

Leighton is making a 10-carat, $25,000 version and said he has already sold several.

In the final episode of the series, Carrie is happy to end up with a different suitor and a simple nameplate necklace spelling out her first name.

Although Parker is interested in obtaining the diamond piece, the actual necklace from the show remains at his store and it's uncertain if it will be sold, said Leighton, who has a private collection that includes pieces owned by the Duchess of Windsor, Wallis Simpson

lastcarrienecklace.jpg

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting a picture Winyan! I've never seen the show and I was dying to see what the necklace looks like! It looks beautiful.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I thought the length of the necklace was wrong - I would have preferred to see a tighter chocker length. Then again...since the stones are not stationary, that might look weird too. Okay, I just don't like it...
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results