shape
carat
color
clarity

Settings question... I''m confused!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Okay, so I am new PS and new to my jewelry obsession. And I am confused about settings.

Let''s just say *hypothetically*
31.gif
that I was thinking about a three stone ring to wear on my right hand. Only, I would like for the three stones to be blue sapphires instead of diamonds. More specifically, what if I would like for the three stones to be light colored blue sapphires as baby blue is my favorite color. And let''s just say that I would love to have a few small diamonds running down each side (melee, right?!).

Then, let''s just say that while looking at ALL the designer and vendor sites listed on PS, I find several options that would be lovely for this hypothetical ring.

Does the fact that I would like sapphires instead of diamonds make this a custom ring? Or can you have a setting set with whatever you like? Where do the sapphires come from? Do you purchase them separately? Do you have a jeweler aquire the stones? How do you aquire the setting? Basically... how does this ring get made?!?!?

I apologize for being such a newbie. LOL! I have been in awe over all the beautiful pieces on PS. And I would really like to expand my jewelry collection beyond my e-ring and anniversary band. I am just a little overhwhelmed. It never occured to me that you could actually have creative input. I always thought you went to the store, saw what they had and that was that!

Can someone enlighten the overwhelmed newbie?!?!?

1.gif

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
This ring from the colored stone eye candy folder is somewhat representative to what I am thinking... light blue sapphire, diamonds on the side. Only, I would like a three stone (kind of a combo past/present/future and hubby/two sons) ring...

LIght Blue Sapph Ring.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Joolskie!

This is definitely a custom ring. Finding three matching sapphires will be tricky. Some possibilities:

1. Go to a local jeweler who can source the stones for you and design/manufacture a setting. This may be the most expensive way to go about it.

2. Talk to some sapphire dealers - there are a bunch. Check out: www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com, www.simplysapphires.com, or call the folks at www.gemnation.com. You will probably need to talk to these companies and have them source the stones for you. See if these dealers can drop the stones in a setting you like.

3. If you get the stones and the dealer doesn''t have a setting you like, you can go local for a setting (custom or stock) or check out www.pearlmansjewelers.com. They have a bunch of 3-stone designer settings that may be able to accommodate the sapphires.

There are other resources, but this should get you started. Good luck!

path914

Rough_Rock
What you are looking for should not be too hard to find. The setting style is very common and there are many places to find the sapphires, both online and in many B&M jewelry stores. Creative input is something you should definitely consider for any of your jewelry purchases. It makes the pieces more unique and special when you have had a hand in the process. Good luck on your search
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results