shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting question

kt

Shiny_Rock
i have never used one of the eBay vendors that others here have so I'm a bit nervous. I want to set my new orangey pink cushion spinel in this setting:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180700126787#ht_2103wt_1137

But this setting is for an oval.
- Can they really make it to fit my 9 x 6.7 cushion? Will the fit be good as I don't want a space between the stone and the bezel?
- does anyone have any experience with this vendor's returns if I don't like what they send me?
- is it usually worth it to upgrade the diamonds?

I tried to find the same one from LOGR but they don't have the channel set band or the surprise diamond underneath that this one has.

I have emailed the vendor but wanted to check with everyone here too. Thanks so much!! And, anyone have other suggestions for a simple halo style?

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've used them once. They very much overstate the clarity of their diamonds, and at least with mine they used single cut instead of full cut diamonds, even though that wasn't in their description. Unfortunately I didn't discover all of that until after I had set my stone so the return was null. I've personally decided to not use ebay settings anymore and instead wait until I can see settings in person. Do you have access to any places that sell lower priced settings? If you really love your stone, you may love it more in a really good setting. JMHO

kt

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Athena!! I don't know where I would find lower priced settings...do you reco anywhere, even if it's a US online vendor?

Do you think maybe LOGR quality might be a bit better, and with a better return situation since it says you can send it back to Boston instead of china?

Finally I was thinking maybe of going the danielM route but not sure if his halos can be made that fine (I want it to be relatively thin)...I do love my stone but I have a few projects going on and i wasn't thinking of blowing a ton of money on this one!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Are there B&M stores that sell such settings?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results