shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting Price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

curious

Rough_Rock
Looking at a PLAT setting with 2 Baguettes on each side.
Each Baguette is 20 points and they are elongated...Total 80 Pts.

Jeweler is asking $1800.

Is this a fair price???????

Which is a better look, a V head or a basket with a Setting Bar?

curious

Rough_Rock
Any advice or opinions would be really helpful.

Baguettes are F color, VS.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The setting sounds like it could be priced well. With .80ctw of baguettes anyway. Maybe see if you can haggle a few hundred off, and get it for $1500, then I'd feel better about the price. Our setting has .80ctw rounds on it with plat and it is a little more but we are having it custom made.

Also--on the prong head vs a basket setting, it is really your preference/choice. I liked basket setting because it seemed to frame the stone slightly and look a little different and some like the extra protection, but in the end we went with a typical 4 prong setting but I specified that I wanted the prongs to be very small, not like some of the settings I have seen where the prongs are a focal point on the stone. Our jeweler's wife has a ring like the one we are having made and her prongs are very small and she has never had a problem with the prongs not holding the stone or loosening etc. So it really speaks to what your preferences are.

Good luck!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
If the baguettes are FG/VS or better with nice makes then the price seems good to very good, depending on the mounting.

Is it a princess you're having set? I like the "V" cap settings for a princess cut better, but that's just my personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results