shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting Loose Stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peterchristopher

Rough_Rock
I have decided to buy from WhiteFlash and noticed that they give you an option to ship the stone and setting separately. Since they happen to carry the setting I wanted I figure that I may as well get it from them. I don't want them to set it so that I can get a good view of it on the IdealScope first (I gave myself a 2 week window to return it if necessary).

My question is, if I take it to a jeweler to have it set, will he/she be resentful that I bought neither the stone nor setting from them? I also have the added problem of not knowing any local jewelers here in Boston since I am relatively new to the area. Any ideas?

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Peter, I don't think the "resentful" issue is much of a problem, but you not knowing the setters in the Boston area might be.

I'm thinking you might be better off having Whiteflash set the diamond for you after you've approved it.

If you took it to a local setter, and (God forbid) it got chipped, he's not going to assume any responsibility or go out of his way to help you.

On the other hand, White Flash has a vested interest in you as a customer, since they are the recipient of your large amount of money. If (God forbid) something happened to the stone, they would probably take care of you no charge.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

PS- on the other hand, if you find an "excellent" Boston setter by RELIABLE reference, I wouldn't worry about it.

peterchristopher

Rough_Rock
Thanks Richard, I hadn't even thought of sending it back to WhiteFlash to have them do it. It's definitely worth paying for two overnight deliveries for that option. I will call them today.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results