shape
carat
color
clarity

*Setting Estimate*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

walterk2

Rough_Rock
What is a good price for a .75 carat(baguettes, F/VS2 or greater) platinum setting. The ring size is 6.25.

Thanks

Rockey

Rough_Rock
I would also appreciate an answer to this...

MARIAV75

Rough_Rock
It really depends on the type of setting- and who produces the setting.
You would need to start with some popular vendors and determine if one of your local jewelers can replicate the setting.. good luck!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
It depends on the gram weight of the ring, the shape of the baguettes (straight versus tapered), the size of the baguettes (the bigger they are, the higher the per carat price), the quality of manufacture and workmanship, and who the maker is. Some company's products bring more than others, and designer workmanship carries a hefty premium.

I've heard tradeshop.com recommended as a good place to get setting estimates. I'm not familar with them myself, but I haven't heard anything bad about them. You might be able to find out what you're looking for through them.

Rich

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
Here is a website for custom jewelry. It would give you an idea of how much the metal, labor, diamonds, etc should run.

http://www.customfinejewelry.com/home.html

On the left hand side, there is "custom design pricing"

I don't know if these prices are considered high or low but at least it is a starting point.

Hope this helps.
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results