shape
carat
color
clarity

setting demantoid garnet in necklace

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As mentioned in Cinderella''s post of her beautiful new green garnet necklace, I decided to take the plunge and get my demantoid garnet set in a necklace. If you have been reading in previous posts I''ve been lusting for the whiteflash semibezel pendant style. I finally decided that had to be the home for my little "baby". It was hard to decide whether to set it in yellow gold, which I like, or white gold, but finally decided on the white gold, as it is a more neutral backdrop plus it will go with alot of the sterling jewelry I have. I mailed the stone last week and the pendant is already done!
Yay!

demantoidpendant1212.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
very nice!

movie zombie

ger100

Shiny_Rock
Lovely! How big is the stone?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow...it''s just gorgeous! Be sure to post neck shots so we can see it in all its glittering glory!!!

path914

Rough_Rock
Beautiful gemstone and setting! I like the choice of white gold, I think it sets off the color wonderfully.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful necklace! I hope you take some more pictures of the pendant when you get it. I love dematoid garnets, such a lovely color and sparkle.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your necklace turned out beautifully! I saw demantoid for the first time at the gem show last weekend (thanks to Perry
1.gif
) and they are truly beautiful stones.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
the color on your dem looks great part gypsy!
3.gif
i love the setting too. please post more pics!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous green! Wonderful necklace!

cheers--Sharon

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The size of the garnet is 5.5 mm, just shy of .80 carat.

Here is obsessive pricescoper line of thought. I was thinking of posting of getting people''s feedback of yellow gold vs. white gold when thinking about this pendant. I was originally going to put it in yellow gold because I think yellow gold suits green stones, but I was indecisive because it seemed the stone could work with both white and yellow. Then I was thinking of getting it set in a bezel pendant basically to save money, but I thought that might close the stone off from the light too much.. I was driving myself crazy with indecision so decided to wait on it.
I wasn''t even going to have it done at this time, but my husband and I visited another jewelry store for fun, and I am describing the pieces I admired which were in the 800, 900 dollar range but saying of course that is too much money, and my husband goes, well maybe you should just get that pendant you are talking about, that''s really not that much money
11.gif
!

But what color gold? Just make a decision! In the end I decided on a white metal (white gold) because my favorite necklace of all time was this silver necklace my brother got me in Mexico which I wore until it broke. I liked how that looked, so this will be it''s replacement.
way TMI, but this is pricescope

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think white gold was the right answer: it makes the green pop. make sure to post pictures when finished, please!

movie zombie

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
What a pretty stone! Lovely pendant!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results