shape
carat
color
clarity

setting decision getting close

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
after a very long break from looking at settings I finally decided that the time has come to overcome my commitment issues and choose something. Although my final decision won''t be made until I can discuss all of these with hubby I do know that I want a 3 stone so that is what all the following pics of settings are.

I also have yet to most my beautiful upgrade stone so I''ll start out with that. I was inside the store so it''s hard to get the best pics but at least you can get the idea.

here she is:

mydiamondbauble1.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
one more of the stone:

mydiamondpearl1.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s an A jaffe setting I tried on. I actually don''t really like it in pics I''ve seen but it was surprisingly very pretty in real life:

ajaffetopview123.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
sideview of the a jaffe:

ajaffesideview123.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve always loved all the rounds with pear sides and really liked this beaudry:

beaudrypearsidestop.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
sideview of the beaudry, if I do this ring it will be all plat and i would do different scrollwork, but it was a lovely ring..

beaudrypearssideview.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
she is a pretty one! what are her specs? I like the first one, the side view is awesome!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OOOH how exciting! And your diamond is GORGEOUS! It will be a killer in whatever setting you choose. But I have to tell you, I am A''LOVIN'' the A Jaffee you posted above! It looks great on you, Mrs. S!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
beaudry with rounds:

beaudry3stonetop.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
beaudry rounds sideview- not loving this sideview either but can do other scrollwork..

beaudrysideview2.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually really love the Jaffe setting! But is it me, or is your center stone soooo much whiter than the side stones?

BTW: Your stone is GORGEOUS!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s a new gumuchian, I must say I don''t really like it on the website at all, the prongs look strange to me but it was gorgeous in person and the prongs are much smaller than they seem. this ring has a 3/4 carat center so my stone will be quite a bit bigger..

gumuchiantopv.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gumuchian side view

gumuchiansideview2.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gumuchian with wedding band:

gumuchianset3.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
one more with wedding band:

GFweddingsetside.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also tried on the memoire single prong set. i should have plopped my stone in there but didn''t think about it. it was soooo pretty and the stones look like they were floating. i''m thinking about it but really do want a 3 stone..

memoiresingleprong1.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 9:57:05 PM
Author: diamondfan
she is a pretty one! what are her specs? I like the first one, the side view is awesome!

here are the specs:

AGS000 1.525 SI1 G

Depth 61%
table 55.9%
crown angle 34.6
pavilion angle 40.9
pavilion depth 43.3
girdle thin
culet pointed
7.44 x 7.47mm x 4.55mm

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear you are on the setting trail again, mrssalvo! Would you provide the link where you discussed details of that gorgeous diamond?

The Jaffe would be my pick as well---love the gallery!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone! My favorite settings and the beaudry with pears and the gumuchian.
18.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 10:12:04 PM
Author: isaku5
Glad to hear you are on the setting trail again, mrssalvo! Would you provide the link where you discussed details of that gorgeous diamond?

The Jaffe would be my pick as well---love the gallery!

isaku, I never did a thread on it so there isn''t a link to give you but I can tell you i bought it from pearlmans. it was in a ring in his consignment section but the exact size I was looking for. it was at AGS getting a new cert when i asked him about it and the rest is history.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about a Leon w/ pear sides?? Like Kristy Darling''s??? I prefer that to all the above three stone selections.

Something about all of them bugs me a little widdle bit. But you have exquisite taste and have seen them in person so I trust you''ll choose something you love!!!

1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 10:00:56 PM
Author: neatfreak
I actually really love the Jaffe setting! But is it me, or is your center stone soooo much whiter than the side stones?

BTW: Your stone is GORGEOUS!

i think the flash is what brightened up the center stone in the pic. there wasn''t a noticeable difference in person. also, that isn''t my center stone in there, it was already in the setting.

thanks on my stone, i think she''s pretty spectacular too
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 10:23:20 PM
Author: decodelighted
What about a Leon w/ pear sides?? Like Kristy Darling''s??? I prefer that to all the above three stone selections.

Something about all of them bugs me a little widdle bit. But you have exquisite taste and have seen them in person so I trust you''ll choose something you love!!!

1.gif

welcome to my world deco. there seems to be something tiny about every setting that bugs me and at some point I''m just going to have to choose and deal with it I guess.
I have thought of the Leon like KD''s but I don''t know there either
40.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Mrs S - I love all of those setting choices! I don''t know how you will ever make up your mind!!!!! Your stone is very beautiful! Will this be a forever ring/stone? Or are future upgrades a thought? That question makes the decision that much harder, huh!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I love the memoire setting, but would that mean changing your w/b and is that something you are willing to do? They all have beautiful aspects to them, but that one really stood out for me. Not that you needed my .02 to add to your confused state! I''m sure whatever you choose will be perfect and wonderful and suit you to a ''t''.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 10:29:31 PM
Author: mrssalvo

welcome to my world deco. there seems to be something tiny about every setting that bugs me and at some point I'm just going to have to choose and deal with it I guess.
40.gif
I'm in your world too, as you know!!!
3.gif
But first off, your diamond is stunning! I was just checking before bedtime, and saw your thread. For now, I think my favorite is the beaudry with pear sides, although, I, like you, have a hard time deciding, because all the 3 stones you posted were beautiful. Can't say I was crazy about the memoire, though. Just my own taste - I'm not a big fan of single-prong set.

ETA: Do you mind if I ask where you tried these on? If it's one store, they have a nice selection.
I wish I could take pics of rings I try on. In stores where I've asked, they usually say they can't, so then I often forget to ask in other stores because of that.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
For me it's between the Gumuchian and the Beaudry. The profile of the Gumuchian is sooo lovely and pretty. The Beaudry with rounds or pears is awesome. But agree the scroll work should be be changed. But all that you presented are great choices. The profile of the Jaffe was pretty too. Good thing it's not me that has to decide. Go with what made your heart sing.

And your stone???? Drop dead gorgeous girl!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Can't wait to see what you decide, and what your hubby likes as well. Won't be long now!!!!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 10:51:04 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl

ETA: Do you mind if I ask where you tried these on? If it's one store, they have a nice selection.

OFG, I tried all of these on at Pearlmans.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 10:36:58 PM
Author: Miranda
Mrs S - I love all of those setting choices! I don''t know how you will ever make up your mind!!!!! Your stone is very beautiful! Will this be a forever ring/stone? Or are future upgrades a thought? That question makes the decision that much harder, huh!

miranda, I''ll never say never but I am currently planning on this being my forever ring/stone so I''m willing to do pretty much anything to get it right because I won''t have any do overs
3.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond is GORGEOUS!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Obviously I am the most indecisive person on earth when it comes to settings, but I have a tendency to lean toward Beaudry or Leon or Mark Morrell...the latter two of whom aren''t in your choices for today! I like the Gumuchian from what I can see, but I am not sure I like it better than the Scott Kay three stone.

scottkay222a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results