shape
carat
color
clarity

Seriously? In some states rapists have parental rights?

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watching Lisa Ling's This is Life, "Sins of the Father."

I had no idea that in some states rapists can have visitation rights. :/

Imagine that. Not only do you have to deal with the person who raped you - that's bad enough - but you have to leave your child with the person who raped you.

I'm speechless right now.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I wonder if that is why some woman do not name their rapist so that these male scum cannot declare paternity.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
We watched this too. I could not believe this actually happens in our country.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
What???????

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes.

Rapists are victims too, you see. Those evil women: since Eve they have been ruining things for humanity! You can't trust a word they say. It probably wasn't rape. They just cry rape to get attention, to blackmail for money, to get custody... HAH! Well, we'll see about that. Rapists are people too! One mistake shouldn't define the rest of their lives.

And I wish to god all that was made up. But none of it was. Those are the actual reasons people, including JUDGES and Legislators, have given for rape culture. :sick:

This is just one symptom the disease. Welcome to rape culture.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
This makes me angry on such an unbelievable level! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Yes! This is true. It's disgusting. :angryfire:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1479780922|4101268 said:
Yes.

Rapists are victims too, you see. Those evil women: since Eve they have been ruining things for humanity! You can't trust a word they say. It probably wasn't rape. They just cry rape to get attention, to blackmail for money, to get custody... HAH! Well, we'll see about that. Rapists are people too! One mistake shouldn't define the rest of their lives.

And I wish to god all that was made up. But none of it was. Those are the actual reasons people, including JUDGES and Legislators, have given for rape culture. :sick:

Great post Gypsy. Let's also not forget that our country did just elect a man to its highest office who openly brags about committing sexual assault. What a sad world we live in. :angryfire:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Calliecake|1479786328|4101287 said:
Yes.

Great post Gypsy. Let's also not forget that our country did just elect a man to its highest office who openly brags about committing sexual assault. What a sad world we live in. :angryfire:

You sound like a broken record.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1479788453|4101305 said:
Yes.

Oh my god. As do you!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes.

Exactly. BS and sexism at its finest. :angryfire:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes.

If you think that discussing the problems involved in rape culture makes us "broken records" then you are part of the problem. Your disapproval won't stop me from talking about this.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
If you think that discussing the problems involved in rape culture makes us "broken records" then you are part of the problem. Your disapproval won't stop me from talking about this.

Repeating the same mantra about Trump is a broken record.

If you want to hear about rape culture and the awful treatment of women, try listening to some of the so called music out there.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1479795293|4101333 said:

If you want to hear about rape culture and the awful treatment of women, try listening to some of the so called music out there.

Ruby, you sound like a woman who has lived some life. You would probably know people who have lived, suffered, endured, and come out with certain opinions based on their own experiences. I am sure you yourself have. Why would you criticize Callie for her opinion about another person? What she said wasn't about you and she didn't attack you. Why do you feel the need to attack her?

Ruby, just because you do not have the same concern as other people, it does not mean their concerns are not valid. If people feel strongly about an issue, often times it's because of their personal history. Have you considered that Callie has a reason for her opinion, instead of saying callously "Repeating the same mantra about Trump is a broken record." Maybe trying to understand her position will help you see why she may believe what she does. You aren't required to agree, but it helps understand why others hold opinions different from you.

Good luck and peace to you Ruby.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Yes.

No self respecting woman who understands the gravity of Trump's disgusting p***y grabber tape is ever going to just "forget about it". We will be bringing it up OVER and OVER again, as a reminder of the level of filth that is the PEOTUS. You may want to get used to it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1479802054|4101353 said:
Yes.

No self respecting woman who understands the gravity of Trump's disgusting p***y grabber tape is ever going to just "forget about it". We will be bringing it up OVER and OVER again, as a reminder of the level of filth that is the PEOTUS. You may want to get used to it.

OMG I cannot believe this and I also cannot believe you Ruby. I have been trying to stay out of these upsetting threads but honestly Ruby you are so OTT. Do you actually believe what you are writing? You are the broken record.

Ruby, please open your eyes and mind to seeing this from a different perspective. I don't hate you (not that you should care either way but I just wanted to clarify since I am responding to you) and am pleading with you to please try getting the other point of view. The POV of people who have been discriminated against and oppressed for no good reason other for just being who they are. For their gender, their race, their religion, their sexual identity, their mental and/or physical abilities/capabilities...and so on and so forth.

Can't you see that? Cant you see how wrong this is? How wrong this has always been and always will be?
How Trump is just furthering the cause of wrong and discrimination by not only his ignorant words but by his dangerous actions?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1479795293|4101333 said:

According to you then, our law makers...judges, congress, etc... are influenced by Jay Z, Ice Cube, and Kanye. Am I to believe that?

Sixty and Seventy-year-old white men are bumping gangsta rap? Not only that, but they would be dumb enough to be influenced by it. Do you see the flaw in your argument yet?

Is it your point to be intentionally hurtful on this thread? Did you take even a second to think that this is a thread about rape on a forum with many rape survivors? Do you ever think about how your comments might affect the real people on this forum? You have asked for compassion for yourself and have been upset for the way you have been treated in the past, yet you behave this way? This is a very sensitive topic. I wonder, are you capable of being kind and caring in this topic??

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I wonder, are you capable of being kind and caring in this topic??

Before responding, get to know me through my posts.

I was the victim of a funny uncle.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Why would you criticize Callie for her opinion about another person? What she said wasn't about you and she didn't attack you. Why do you feel the need to attack her?

I am attacked and criticized on every post I make here.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1479834611|4101505 said:
Why would you criticize Callie for her opinion about another person? What she said wasn't about you and she didn't attack you. Why do you feel the need to attack her?

I am attacked and criticized on every post I make here.

Ruby, again, I am asking a sincere question and I request that you not deflect, and make it about you. Or is that your answer. You attack people, a person who has not attacked you, because you feel attacked?

I think that if you take a step back, focus on the issue, you might be able to look "at the issue" with some clarity. My question is not to be mean. I ask sincerely ask, why do you feel the need to criticize Callie about her comment about Trump?

As other people here have stated, there are a number of rape and sexual assault survivors in this forum. Wouldn't it be a more productive, fulfilling, meaningful discussion for yourself and others if you tried to understand?

And yes, I am not going to disagree with you that you feel attacked. That is valid and YOUR feelings. Maybe that should cause you to think about why that is. I am sure in some situations, it was unfair. And wouldn't you also admit that in some cases you said hurtful and unfair things to people who said nothing to you, like in this very situation like you did to Callie? And would that not explain why you were attacked in some situations? Does someone doing an unkind thing to you make it ok for you to do an unkind thing to someone else? You have been unkind to me, and I am doing my best to ignore that. I don't want to me a mean person. I try not to let other people who have been mean to me change my behavior and keep me from doing what is RIGHT.

So why don't you break the cycle right now? I am more than happy to empathize with you in your situation. I know that you have suffered and has your family. I am sure that you have opinions based on your personal experiences. If you want to share more, please do. Most people on PS aren't cruel and mean, and will be more than willing to try to understand.

This however, would require you to do the same for others. So I will start. Why am I so concerned about Trump's viewpoint about women and minorities? I will tell you. Do you want to understand and empathize on my experiences?

I have been shouted at, discriminated against because I am Asian. And I am in a very blue state. I have experienced sexual harrassment as a woman, (not assault). And I am concerned. I have children who ask me why it is ok for the President to say such things, "p**** grabbing". I tell them it's not. They look to the President as an example, which is a reasonable. Why did the President say that he could shoot someone in Times Square and his ratings/numbers would not go down? (spoken during his campaign) Words do matter. These are not things I want my children, or other children to model. However, is it unreasonable for children to think such things are "ok" because the President dismissed it as "locker room talk"? No, not at all.

So do you understand my concern? Why it is reasonable?

If you don't think it is reasonable, please, do tell my why. If there is some comfort you can offer me, I am happy to receive it. Is there some reason why I shouldn't be worried about Trump being a poor example of how women should be regarded, and why he is not a bad example for children, please tell me. I would love to know. I need to know.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
According to you then, our law makers...judges, congress, etc... are influenced by Jay Z, Ice Cube, and Kanye. Am I to believe that?

Sixty and Seventy-year-old white men are bumping gangsta rap? Not only that, but they would be dumb enough to be influenced by it. Do you see the flaw in your argument yet?

You are talking about old white men.

I am talking about the so called progressive youth of today.

Two totally separate issues

Why isn't anyone here commenting about the disgusting lyrics degrading women that are being heard every day on our radios and other devices which is poisoning our male children and a disgrace to our young girls.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1479836556|4101514 said:

You are talking about old white men.

I am talking about the so called progressive youth of today.

Why isn't anyone here commenting about the disgusting lyrics degrading women that are being heard every day on our radios and other devices which is poisoning our male children and a disgrace to our young girls.

Ruby, Didn't many people say the same thing about Elvis years ago? I have no idea why you brought music into this thread.

You totally ignored all of LLJsmom post regarding our future president. Her concerns are real and I would hope most parents would feel as she does. Surely you can remember back to how you viewed our president when you were a child. Presidents were respected and admired. They looked out for all citizens of this country. Children listen to what our president says. The President's words are important. I imagine it would be extremely hard to explain Trump's words to a child.

I have tried to understand where you are coming from on so many issues. i know very few people who are lucky enough to have a perfect life theIr entire lives. Wouldn't you hope to be treated with kindness and compassion if life thru something at you that wasn't easy to go thru? I know you have mentioned having health issues. Do you not feel that everyone here feels for you when you state your concerns about your health and the problems you have faced with insurance issues. I genuinely want your health to improve. I'm sorry but your repeated lack of compassion and empathy amazes me.

kylier

Shiny_Rock
Because all of your links but one target hip hop or rap music...

http://misogynisticlyricsthatarentrap.tumblr.com

Quote from the website, which has THIRY NINE PAGES of examples of non- hip hop misogyny:
"Every time music is mentioned in the context of misogyny, you will undoubtedly hear some disparaging remark about how misogynistic rap and hip-hop music is, and how degrading it is, etc etc etc. This is a thinly-veiled form of racism, and that is what this blog is intending to point out. Other genres of music are just as misogynistic, if not more so in some respects, however only the genres that are predominantly black artists seem to be criticised for it. We intend to draw attention to the fact that a lot of music is misogynistic, and pretending that black folk are the most sexist is unacceptable."

Telling us to get mad about music when we are justifiably angry about having a president who talks about "grabbing p****" is beyond the point. We can hate misogyny in all forms.
Maybe some of us have chosen to speak with our wallets and not purchase any music with misogyny in the lyrics. I know I have. But you pointing out that some music is gross and telling us to 'start there' is so backwards when many of us who grapple with issues of rape culture are very aware of misogyny in ALL genres of music.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Ruby, Didn't many people say the same thing about Elvis years ago? I have no idea why you brought music into this thread.

Elvis -

Extremely tame compared to the lyrics I just presented you with.

Either you are for woman's rights or not, no matter the source.

I am starting to realize that many are focused here on one man only.

Life is too short.

I wish you all well, but I am done.

Oh and the President of my youth was Kennedy. Not exactly a shining example when it came to his treatment of women.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1479840110|4101538 said:

Elvis -

Extremely tame compared to the lyrics I just presented you with.

Either you are for woman's rights or not, no matter the source.

I am starting to realize that many are focused here on one man only.

Life is too short.

I wish you all well, but I am done.

As with most of the threads you've posted in lately, you have pivoted incredibly far from the original point for seemingly no reason. We've provided tons of information to you, and you have chosen to ignore it and continue posting about largely irrelevant things (while also being fairly insulting to many people).

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1479838323|4101528 said:
https://sites.google.com/site/hiphopmusiclyrics/top-10-degrading-songs-towards-women

http://www.crushable.com/2014/01/13/entertainment/misogynistic-lyrics-in2013-music/

https://prezi.com/wp8c6fpky9hj/song-lyrics-in-todays-rap-songs-degrade-women/

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/5-eminem-brutal-lyrics-aimed-women-article-1.2318164

http://www.oxygen.com/very-real/6-drake-lyrics-that-are-actually-super-sexist

http://www.hiphopmyway.com/the-most-misogynistic-hip-hop-lyrics/

You want to send out cards that will make a difference. You hate sexism toward women. Or misogynists.

Here is a very good place to start.

And it is not from 2005. It is right now every time you turn on your radio or phone.

Good points. Different people are influenced by different forms of media. From a personal standpoint, my children are not into rap music. My son constantly prefers Christian music. My daughter leans toward musicals (her latest is Thank Heaven for Little Girls from Gigi...which is quite disturbing in it's own way).

However, it doesn't mean that there aren't many children who can be influenced by these negative lyrics in popular music. What action would you suggest I take given my own children aren't influenced? We don't purchase their music or listen to these stations. Are there organizations out there that are taking steps toward mitigating these lyrics? Or do you mean just educating the children about this issue in pop culture in general?

So now it's your turn. What about my concerns about Trump that I stated? What helpful suggestions or reasoning or explanation can you offer me?

"If you don't think it is reasonable, please, do tell my why. If there is some comfort you can offer me, I am happy to receive it. Is there some reason why I shouldn't be worried about Trump being a poor example of how women should be regarded, and why he is not a bad example for children, please tell me. I would love to know. I need to know."

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1479834483|4101503 said:

Yes, you have told us many times. I'm sorry for your experience.

I lived through a violent rape that almost killed me. After 20+ years of not seeing him, I had to sit in the same room with my rapist just this week. I will have to do this many times this year. I'm in a very tender place.

I wonder...do you see that many women could be hurting?

You have been asked for empathy and compassion so many times regarding this subject. You haven't given it. Why?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1479840859|4101541 said:
ruby59|1479834483|4101503 said:

Yes, you have told us many times. I'm sorry for your experience.

I lived through a violent rape that almost killed me. After 20+ years of not seeing him, I had to sit in the same room with my rapist just this week. I will have to do this many times this year. I'm in a very tender place.

I wonder...do you see that many women could be hurting?

You have been asked for empathy and compassion so many times regarding this subject. You haven't given it. Why?

Because for some unknown reason, Ruby appears to believe that her experience gives her carte blanche to say any insulting thing she wants and the rest of us cannot call her out on her behavior. I'm not playing that game.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results