shape
carat
color
clarity

Sentimental Gift for 6 year old boy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Alright, need quick help..... I need to find a memorable gift for my nephew. I am getting his sister a necklace, but have no idea what to do for a boy.
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif

I have to buy it today, so nothing I need to order. Any ideas? Luckily he is young enough that he will be happy with anything. So if I can''t think of something, I can always go with a toy. But is there something I am missing?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personalized piggy bank! A piggy bank with your nephew''s name painted onto it! Both my kids received these as gifts a few years back and still love them.

Do you have a Nordstrom store nearby you? In the store, they have cute white ones that your nephew''s name can be painted on. The ones my kids were given are DIFFERENT than the ones on the Nord. site. In fact, the ones on the Nordstrom site are really ugly! Possibly call the Nord store and see what they say?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
A special book? With a note inside from you. When I think of gifts for children my mind always goes to books.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh that''s a hard one! I thought book right away too. Good luck!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
When my son turned 6 I got him a special photo album. He loves photos! I starte it with photos and as time passes I give him more photos for his album. I told him how special is is an important to keep safe. He had a special place on his bookshelf for it and then he decided on his own it was so important to him he now keeps it tucked in a drawer under his bed.

I did the same for my other kids when they turned 6. 6 is old enough to appreciate it and to know how to take care of it. My now 12 year old still has that first album and has had a few since.

I will admit though photography is a HUGE hobby of mine so that kind of colors my idea :)

Hey, at least its a cheaper thing to get the kids hooked on photos than diamonds and gems LOL!!!!

I think iit super sweet that you want to give him something equally thoughtful. I had an aunt that always put a lot of thoughts into gifts when I was a kid and your post brought a smile to my face thinking of her. I try and do the same with my neices and nephews. Its hard to be equal but kids DO notice those things!!

I don''t know how expensive the necklace is but another idea would be to get him a kid safe camera. That way he can create his own memories! I did not get my older son a camera until he was 10 though. And my daughter is turning 10 soon and she can''t wait to get her first camera.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results