shape
carat
color
clarity

Semi-Off Topic: Fed up, disgusted, and sick of budgeting..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I know there are at least a few of you that have things even worse than me right now, but I am so tired of unexpected expenses coming up and money disappearing out the window (money we need). I know this is at least partially my fault for choosing to graduate from college, get married, move, and start law school within four months...but come on I feel like a little kid that just wants to scream it''s not fair.
8.gif
Anyway, enough whining..I figured we could all get together and just say screw it for a little bit. What are the things (aside from the wedding) you want to be able to afford within the next year or few years? What are your goals?
1.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
A house! Housing is not THAT expensive where I am, but we don''t want to live in bad neighborhoods, so we have to pay the price. What gets us here are our taxes and insurance. After Ike hit, everything has skyrocketed and now i''m not sure what we will be able to afford. Plus FI just got laid off, so we''re in limbo. If he doesn''t have a job for more than a couple of months, we''ll have to postpone that dream. Plus I''m paying for some small things for my wedding so I don''t have to ask my father to shell out even more money after he lost 20,000 when our reception venue went bankrupt. Boooooo economy....

I don''t want to sound whiny either. We have our health, friends and family. We are happy and healthy which I am so thankful for.

But this engagement has had so many upsets that have been out of our control. Money is of paramount concern these days which makes me uneasy. This is supposed to be a very happy time, and it has been happy, but with many, many disappointments.
15.gif

Sorry for the B session on my end, but this thread was a good rant for me. Thanks SarahLoves JS! And by the way, I''ve been meaning to thank you for doing the workout thread for so long. You did a great job on it!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I''m graduating in December, and then get married in January. I''m not going to grad school or anything, so that''s not too terribly bad. But FI will graduate probably in 2011, and then we''ll have to move...and then buy a house. So saving to move, saving for a house...it''s not possible to save for that now, but when this wedding is over, that is high priority.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Right now, the plan is graduate from a master''s program, get married and relocate to a location suitable for both FI and I in the same year (2010). I''m really not looking forward to all of those expenses. It will be a lot. I have been saving up a small fund, but nowhere nearly enough to cover it all. My poor parents are in for a lot.

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
Our first goal is jobs. We are getting married in May, FI graduates in July with his Masters, moving in July, and I graduate in December. It is very stressful right now trying to figure out what we can/can''t afford.

Due to my major, I can''t student teach in my area, so I have to move 90 miles away from my school. However, we don''t REALLY want to live any of the places I can student teach- so once I graduate, we want to move AGAIN.

So I guess we just want stability.
1.gif

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
House! once we get the house, then its dogs. I also need a new vehicle. or want a new vehicle. an SUV as we get quite a bit of snow here and i recently terrified of driving in it.
lol

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
a house and a car for me, a new car for fi, and a shih tzu :)
also we have our eye on a nice washer and dryer at best buy :)

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
The first thing I want is a new job. I *hate* my job and dealing with my boss makes me want to kill myself. Lol. So that''s priority number one. And even if my boss wasn''t such an idiot, traveling every week is getting really draining.

Next is a house! As soon as the wedding is over we''ll start saving for a house. Unfortunately, around here, our downpayment will have to be $60-80k and that''s a lot to save! I think it''ll take at least two years, but three is more realistic.

Finally is to get a dog. I was thinking that we would get a dog immediately after I got a new job (one that doesn''t involve travel like my current job does). However, I had a hard time getting my landlord to agree to letting us have a rabbit recently, so I don''t think he''s gonna go for a dog
7.gif
We could move I guess ... but we won''t make that decision until our lease runs out in June 2010. Also, as my long weekend of puppy sitting ends, getting a puppy doesn''t seem like as much fun as it used to
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results